• Announcements

• Tech Doctor

Thai Visa Upgrade Continuation   08/01/2016

Changes applied, forum may still be sluggish at slow times whilst the indexing process continue. More updates to follow   Thank you for your understanding. Tech Team + TD
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
george

Longer visa exemption extensions begin August 29, 2014

401 posts in this topic

ID: 3   Posted (edited)

OK. The plot thickens. Sounds like a fair enough development.

Edited by Thai at Heart
2 people like this

george, thanks for the update ... appreciated ... thumbsup.gif

1 person likes this

Thanks for the better news! And yes, I'll finally get around to get the marriage visa....

1 person likes this

Positive announcement, after a bit confusing times and changed regulations. wink.png

Positive announcement, after a bit confusing times and changed regulations. wink.png

As per normal though Alfie.

I don't think there will be any change of stance though on the ones that are abusing the system.

2 people like this

You're still going to need to get a tourist visa if you want to stay (for example) 40 days as I can't see the airlines letting you fly without a valid visa.

2 people like this

so 3 back to back tourists = 180 days plus 60 non-visa = 240 days?

I think it may change the kind of visas people are asking for now that all g7 visitors can stay for 2 months without the need for a visa.........couple this with some tourist visas and the visa runners, who won't show up for another month.....looks like a busy time for immigration. i hope they are all well versed in ALL the new regs!

whats the point of a tourist visa if after 29 Aug you can get 30 days on arrival and then extend for 30 days ..?

1 person likes this

whats the point of a tourist visa if after 29 Aug you can get 30 days on arrival and then extend for 30 days ..?

You can make 60 days on a TV and then another 30 days with extension

I think it will radically change who applies for a tourist visa....many will bank on an extension after they get here.

You don't have to go to an Immigration Office.

what I also am getting at it makes whats going on now quite over the top, as all that have been refused entry over the past 2 weeks will in effect on 29 Aug be allowed into thailand for a possible 60 days...so i just think they has messed up big time ..toughened up the immigation requirements when most of the border have forgotten them. it is very clear on the 10 year over stay that some one has reminded thailand of human rights issues..if they have children of married to a thai national..then ban them for life?

1 person likes this

You're still going to need to get a tourist visa if you want to stay (for example) 40 days as I can't see the airlines letting you fly without a valid visa.

I flew more than once, with Air Asia, Tiger Airways from Phuket or Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Phnom Penh return, even on same day, without any problems.

Last, 2012.

Excellent News !!

fortes fortuna juvat !!

I flew more than once, with Air Asia, Tiger Airways from Phuket or Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Phnom Penh return, even on same day, without any problems.

Last, 2012.

I'm thinking more of flights from Europe and the US with airlines like Emirates or KLM etc. I don't think they're going to take the risk of having a planeload of passengers turned back on them because they have no visas.

You don't have to go to an Immigration Office.

And you have an option to extend your 60 days for another 30 days having tourist visa.

1 person likes this