ubonjoe

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

2,164 posts in this topic

Hi I am about to apply for my first METV in about 2 weeks time two quick clarifications please

1) I am ok with a return ticket out of Thailand say in 6 months time - even though I will have to do border runs every two months whilst out there ? I can just show that flight as proof of exit plans every time ?

2) assuming I have all relevant docs how long should visa application to issue process take ?

thanks guys 

15 minutes ago, Bigdogfarang said:

Hi I am about to apply for my first METV in about 2 weeks time two quick clarifications please

1) I am ok with a return ticket out of Thailand say in 6 months time - even though I will have to do border runs every two months whilst out there ? I can just show that flight as proof of exit plans every time ?

2) assuming I have all relevant docs how long should visa application to issue process take ?

thanks guys 

1. Once you have your visa, there will be no need to show tickets when entering Thailand on any of your visits. The requirement on tickets to get the METV in the first place will depend on where you apply. You will need to research that directly.
  2. The time to issue the METV, again, will depend on where you are applying, and whether you are applying by mail or in person. Usually, if applying in person, an METV should be issued within a few days at most, often quicker.
1 person likes this

My first METV visa is winding up in the next couple weeks and Ill be heading back to Australia.  

Question is.  Has anybody gone for consecutive METV Visas?  

2 hours ago, CodyB said:

My first METV visa is winding up in the next couple weeks and Ill be heading back to Australia.  

Question is.  Has anybody gone for consecutive METV Visas?  

I have seen reports of people getting back-to-back METVs (not done it myself). I think the policy on this could vary by location. Australia is generally regarded as liberal in their requirements, so I would assume you would be OK.

On 30/01/2017 at 7:41 AM, ncc1701d said:

Thanks. So getting a visa isn't going to save my passport pages. Not much point in getting one. Cheers for the reply.

I draw a line in pencil vertically down the centre of each page then draw 3 horizontal lines on each page thereby creating 8 boxes. I find the immigration officers put their stamps in these boxes giving me 4 trips to Thailand per page rather than them stamping the pages in and untidy way often wasting space and getting a maximum of 3 trips per page.

In the Multiple entry VISA form they ask for the "Duration of Proposed Stay". What did you fill out there ? Only 60 days, because thats the maximum days of each stay. Or more than 60 days ?

I worry if I fill out 180 days, that they will think I will use that VISA for long term living in Thailand. And only 60 days maybe doesn´t qualify for a Multiple Entry. They could say a single entry is enough for that. 

Any experiences ?

18 minutes ago, extazzy77 said:

In the Multiple entry VISA form they ask for the "Duration of Proposed Stay". What did you fill out there ? Only 60 days, because thats the maximum days of each stay. Or more than 60 days ?

I worry if I fill out 180 days, that they will think I will use that VISA for long term living in Thailand. And only 60 days maybe doesn´t qualify for a Multiple Entry. They could say a single entry is enough for that. 

Any experiences ?

I would write '60 days per entry' as that's what the visa allows.

21 minutes ago, extazzy77 said:

Any experiences ?

I have previously written, "60+60+47" to match the air ticket on which the return flight was dated 167 days after the outward leg. The application was accepted.

ID: 2159   Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I have previously written, "60+60+47" to match the air ticket on which the return flight was dated 167 days after the outward leg. The application was accepted.

I will try this too. That sounds logic and match with the VISA regulation. Thank you

Edited by extazzy77

1 hour ago, extazzy77 said:

I will try this too. That sounds logic and match with the VISA regulation. Thank you

I don't think it matters too much what you put, but my advice would be to keep it simple.

The visa is not designed for people to live in Thailand, but for those that visit regularly. There is no need to detail all your visits when you apply.

Hi all I got my first metv today issued from the london embassy absolutley no problems as long as you have all the docs it was a breeze - for the duration of stay I put 4-6 months and showed them a return air ticket for August - thanks for all the advice 

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I don't think it matters too much what you put, but my advice would be to keep it simple.

The visa is not designed for people to live in Thailand, but for those that visit regularly. There is no need to detail all your visits when you apply.

I agree! I think I didn´t even answer that particular question when I applied for my 2 previous METVs. And as there is no requirement for an "outbound/return flight" I myself wouldn´t bother calculating the days between my first day of entry and my planned return flight. But then again, there certainly is no harm in doing so.....  

How often can I ask for METV? I mean, if I come back to my homecountry, can I ask for METV next day? Thanks.

1 minute ago, startuper said:

How often can I ask for METV? I mean, if I come back to my homecountry, can I ask for METV next day? Thanks.

Some people have successfully received back-to-back METVs. There is nothing in the rules to prevent it. It may, as with most things to do with Thai visas and immigration, depend on where you are applying.

1 person likes this