Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

1,082 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for that. Here's my report:

Day 1 - Arrived at Prom about 8.45 am, trainee girls said 'too late' please get in the waiting queue at 7.00 am or earlier tomorrow morning. They gave me a blank form to complete for tomorrow.

Day 2 -  'ahh transfer is not needed at all, just show both passports at any Thai exit point. But be careful that any planned re-entry isn't beyond the expiry date of the current stamp'.

Ain't that the typical routine...

2 days and 2 visits to learn that you did not really need to go there.. 

19 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

Ain't that the typical routine...

2 days and 2 visits to learn that you did not really need to go there.. 

Assuming of course that the information given is accurate and the 'Thai Exit Point' personnel agree with that info and action it accordingly.

Fingers crossed the info is correct.

I had to restart a complete work permit/re-entry process at great expense etc as the result of 'miss-information/advice'. 

I am no expert but if I were 'Scorecard' I would get some more advice, written if possible.

Edited by scottiejohn
correction

17 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Assuming of course that the information given is accurate and the 'Thai Exit Point' personnel agree with that info and action it accordingly.

Fingers crossed the info is correct.

I had to restart a complete work permit/re-entry process at great expense etc as the result of 'miss-information/advice'. 

I am no expert but if I were 'Scorecard' I would get some more advice, written if possible.

It is usual for many country (including Thailand) to allow entry with the 2 passports with Visa/reentry in one and arrival stamp in second one when first one is full.

Tho they did the transfer for me once without me even asking...

I would not worry if your visa and re entry is valid, you can use 2 passport, I did it for my daughter.

1 minute ago, CantSpell said:

It is usual for many country (including Thailand) to allow entry with the 2 passports with Visa/reentry in one and arrival stamp in second one when first one is full.

Tho they did the transfer for me once without me even asking...

I did this recently on a UK PP .

When I received my new UK PP in Thailand , my old PP was cancelled .

When I left Thailand on my new PP , I had to take my old PP along and transfer all the details from my old PP onto my new one .

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

When I left Thailand on my new PP , I had to take my old PP along and transfer all the details from my old PP onto my new one .

Did you do this free of charge at an exit point or at an Immigration Office?

Edited by scottiejohn
typo

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Dis you do this free of charge at the exit point or at an Immigration Office?

At the exit point , free of charge .

But you need a letter from Trendy house informing the immigration officers to allow you to change your pp from old to new , which is supplied with the new pp

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

At the exit point , free of charge .

But you need a letter from Trendy house informing the immigration officers to allow you to change your pp from old to new , which is supplied with the new pp

This is my point. 

I do not believe that 'Scorecard' can just turn up at the point of exit with his old passport and a brand new passport on which immigration have not carried out their usual processes. 

I have had new replacement passports, not duplicates they are different, issued both here and other non domicile countries and they have needed local Immigration input before use.  I hope I am wrong and it all goes well but I still recommend 'Scorecard' gets further professional advice.