Mark0

AirCon Brands & Support

53 posts in this topic

I have 20 Samsung Inverter Airconditioners all 18000 BTU. Cheap to buy, expensive to maintain and poor service from Samsung. The problem seems to be that any animals such as geckos or ants get in either unit the motherboard buns out and these are seriously expensive to keep replacing. Equally nobody has any parts so we have to buy spare motherboards so that Samsung can fit in a reasonable time. Never again, I will go for Mitsu or Daikin next time. Daikin you pay upfront but I'm hoping to pay less down the road.

A rat can turn a Toyota into a total loss; never really seen a grind mode on devices with obstructed fans.  Don't be fooled..Daikin is a Texas company that is known for low quality..like Samsung and Mitsu, they have Thai subsidiaries...but certainly not in the same league as Ingersoll Rand, United Technologies, or Johnson Controls.  Johnson Controls last missed a dividend payment during the US Civil War.  But, if you want to buy into that Thai brand fluff; up to you.  I know a place that will accept my Citi card because it is a Thai Bank...bwahhahaha.

AC...  a sad topic for me lately.

I bought 3 units a little over a year ago and one just recently 'went on the blink'....  Service man came, opened it up, and found that an army of ants had made a nest on the circuit board and burnt it up. Unit has a 5 yr warranty but they will not fix/replace it due to the reason for failure....  :sad: