MJCM

When traveling with wife can't use Thai passport Immigration line anymore ?

58 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, zeichen said:

I went through the thai only line just 2 months ago with my daughter and wife. I think that it was just the person you asked. They have the same computers as other lines, because when no Thais are in line, they often allow foreigners to move over anyway.

Typically when traveling with your family you stay together. I have never been told to go to the foreigner line when with my wife or daughter, many times the immigration officers actually tell me to follow them

I was there last Sunday (DMK that was) and the Thai Line didn't have any computers I could see only gates with Passport Scanners and fingerprint scanners and the line was as long as the Foreigner lines.

ID: 53   Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, zeichen said:

Haven't been to that airport in years.

Oke but that Airport is what this topic is all about, and that is why I posted it in the Don Mueang Airport Forum:thumbsup:

Edited by MJCM

sorry, only saw the topic not the forum. I assumed it was for all airports.

no worries.

There are 2 different sub forums one for Swampy and one for DMK

ID: 56   Posted (edited)

Came through DMK on Thursday and there were only automatic gates working for Thai passports, wife & I queued with the rest of the masses, took 45 minutes to clear immigration.

A roving immigration officer spotted my wife in the line and pointed her to the Thai passport gates, but after explaining she either waited with her husband or waited on her own the other side he was most apologetic saying that because of the number of foreign visitors all the manned desks were being used for foreign passports.

Edited by Stocky

On 7/11/2016 at 2:39 PM, Always18 said:

The International protocol is that families should not be split up at airports - seems like this little requirement hasn't yet filtered through to the numbnuts at this airport...................

Are you talking about the "numbnuts" in the UK? as they would not let my Thai wife through on the same line, I had to join hers! There is supposed to be a protocol!

On 11.7.2016 at 7:19 PM, sanukjim said:

Boo Hoo Hoo ,Wait in line like every one else.If you had rode a slow bus to there the wait would not have seemed as long would it.?

Do you know the word efficience ???