• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 2006-11-27 00:59:09

Does anybody know how to get there?
I've planned to go there for getting a Non-Imm B
Have you guys ever been there?

Actually I've found something and it confuses me
What day exactly do they work?
They are supposed to work on weekdays right?
but this is what it says

Western Australia

Royal Thai Consulate General
26 St Georges Terrace (Level 8).
Perth WA 6000
Tel (08) 9221-3237 FAX (08) 9221-1635
Email : thaiconsulatewa@jamlaw.net.au
[b]Business Hours: Tue and Thu, 9.00 am-12.00 noon

why do they work on just Tue and Thu????
Has someone ever been there before?
Im lost
Help me

Thanks

#2 dr_Pat_Pong

dr_Pat_Pong

Star Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,679 posts

Posted 2006-11-27 06:25:30

Does anybody know how to get there?
I've planned to go there for getting a Non-Imm B
Have you guys ever been there?

Actually I've found something and it confuses me
What day exactly do they work?
They are supposed to work on weekdays right?
but this is what it says

Western Australia

Royal Thai Consulate General
26 St Georges Terrace (Level 8).
Perth WA 6000
Tel (08) 9221-3237 FAX (08) 9221-1635
Email : thaiconsulatewa@jamlaw.net.au
[b]Business Hours: Tue and Thu, 9.00 am-12.00 noon

why do they work on just Tue and Thu????
Has someone ever been there before?
Im lost
Help me

Thanks

That is it I am afraid. Tuesday and Thursday mornings only. If you want 5 days a week you need Brisbane or Sydney.

#3 bdenner

bdenner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 2006-11-27 07:42:23

AND they require your passport for at least 2 days. ie. If you submit your application on Tuesday it will be ready Thursday.
It's a lawyers office and part time consulate. BUT very easy to do business with.

Edit. St Georges Tce. is the main street in Perth. The office is located at the Eastern end about 100 meters from where it becomes Adelaide Tce.

Edited by bdenner, 2006-11-27 07:47:25.

#4 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Platinum Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 2006-11-27 07:59:48

From the airport it is a simple cab ride, they will mostly cost the same. :o There are private busses too, they are supposed to take you to a hotel, the Duxton is almost accros the road.

If you hire a car, exit the airport, turn right at the traffic lights, follow the road and follow the signs, they are in English! If you are planning adead, use http://www.whereis.com, you will get a map and directions you can print out.

#5 oxymoron

oxymoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 2006-11-27 08:31:20

From the airport it is a simple cab ride, they will mostly cost the same. :o There are private busses too, they are supposed to take you to a hotel, the Duxton is almost accros the road.

If you hire a car, exit the airport, turn right at the traffic lights, follow the road and follow the signs, they are in English! If you are planning adead, use http://www.whereis.com, you will get a map and directions you can print out.

Not anymore they are now located at the corner of Adelaide Terr and Irwin St. In the old Alan Bond International House next door to the Mercure Hotel. I would not recommend driving there as parking is a bxxch.

The secetary is very very helpful and if you get there early around 9.00am and explain your situation she often organises it in the same day. you go back around 2.0pm even though it is officially closed at noon.

#6 Big Gary

Big Gary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 2006-11-27 22:23:07

Not anymore they are now located at the corner of Adelaide Terr and Irwin St. In the old Alan Bond International House next door to the Mercure Hotel. I would not recommend driving there as parking is a bxxch.

The secetary is very very helpful and if you get there early around 9.00am and explain your situation she often organises it in the same day. you go back around 2.0pm even though it is officially closed at noon.

The ladies name is Yvonne and yes she will do it on the same day but sadly only on Tuesdays and Thursdays

#7 Coaster11

Coaster11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 2010-03-03 23:43:31

"The secretary is very very helpful and if you get there early around 9.00am and explain your situation she often organises it in the same day. you go back around 2.0pm even though it is officially closed at noon."

Does anyone have any recent experience of obtaining a visa same day from the Perth Thai consulate?

#8 likewise

likewise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 2010-03-04 09:29:46

I went a couple of weeks ago, handed passport in at 9am Tuesday got it back the same day at 11am.
Do a search I wrote a thread about it.

Sponsored by...

Quick Navigation  View New Content Site search: