webfact

Open, yes, but tone it down or else, say Pattaya police

70 posts in this topic

Open, yes, but tone it down or else, say Pattaya police

pm6a.jpg

Picture: Facebook/Supattra

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have issued specific directives for entertainment venues to observe in the thirty day mourning period in the city.

While some of the edicts are clear others will be open to debate as to what is appropriate and what is not.

A letter from Apichai Kroppetch at the local station identified what is expected in five broad areas under the control of the police.

These were venues on main roads, venues in sealed areas like Walking Street, venues with open frontages, beer bars, and matters concerning opening hours.

"Overt" activities, live music and obscene shows are banned throughout the city. Venues may have "quiet" music.

Activities should be "appropriate" according to the situation.

Venues with open glass frontages are asked to use something to cover the windows to shield what might be happening inside from the outside.

Beer bars could open as usual without "overt" activities or loud music, no live music or obscenity.

In  controlled areas closing times were 2am and outside these areas it was 1am.

The letter said that violators would be prosecuted according to the law. The restrictions are in place for thirty days.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-18

Sorry, I mean : Where or how can I report an insult on a member of the Royal Family!

Sorry sorry sorry !!!

Only because I can't seem to find it anyplace, what is the last day of the 30 days of mourning?

54 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

To the police, I suppose. If it were me, I think it's best not to get involved with that stuff.

Watch out for a boomerang effect. Best to stay out. If you do not have rock solid evidence the other party could sue you for slander and on and on it goes. 

ID: 12   Posted (edited)

This is a sensitive time in Thailand

The nation is in mourning. 

But people coming on holiday to a beach resort ... surely some tolerance goes a long way.

Edited by Jingthing
2 people like this

16 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Watch out for a boomerang effect. Best to stay out. If you do not have rock solid evidence the other party could sue you for slander and on and on it goes. 

Yes, as I said, best not to get involved with that stuff.

Not just now, but at any time.

Also, no one goes out of their way to get into trouble with the police, or cause trouble for others trhough them

. In any instance I steer clear of them, wouldn't even ask them for directions!

2 people like this

What exactly is happening in Pattaya bars that needs to be shielded from our view?

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, londoedan said:

Including the vigilante actions that have been reported in several provinces, including Chonburi ?

Cant say that they affect me personally, and if people weren't doing that I'm sure they would find something equally unpleasant to do. It does make a change from the usual pickpockets, muggers and chain-snatchers etc.

Live and let live. It's not my place to tell someone what he/she can or can't wear. I it offends you that much move 9n to another bar/restaurant plenty to choose from. 

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, as I said, best not to get involved with that stuff.

Not just now, but at any time.

Also, no one goes out of their way to get into trouble with the police, or cause trouble for others trhough them

. In any instance I steer clear of them, wouldn't even ask them for directions!

It is OK to ask  Thai cops directions if you do not mind contributing 100+ baht for their time. Brings to mind last year cops were randomly stopping farangs in BKK and forcing them ( men and women) to give a urine sample while on the street. Any blood alcohol and then they extort a few 1000s to keep from going to jail. Go ahead and report whatever you wish.