rooster59

New Hua Hin Immigration offices set to open February, 2017

46 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

But what does the reference to a passport office in the dreaded Blueport mean?

 

I think that's an office for Thai passports (Thai residents) and was just lumped in with the vague concept of immigrations and passports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 10:30 AM, bloynic said:

 

If you travel along highway 1004 (the right turn at the traffic lights coming up Soi 112 or left coming down) follow 1004 passing Vana Varin as you pass smart house village it's on the right hand side.

The road eventually leads to the School on the Pala U road so can also find from that way or if coming from soi 88 turn left towards red mountain and at the crossroads at the end of the road turn right and the new immigration is on the right hand side after about 500 metres.

The building is on highway 1004 not Soi 88 as mentioned in some places 

 

Thank you for the detailed information.  I understand the area you're describing and will take a look during my bike ride this weekend.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wpcoe said:

 

I think that's an office for Thai passports (Thai residents) and was just lumped in with the vague concept of immigrations and passports.

I had to do my 90 day report today. Was very busy and the bloke I saw was moaning about how busy he was and that he had a bad headache.

I said well if we didn't have to come for this (I don't have internet explorer) you would have far less people. He then explained with great delight that from next month it would be possible to do 90 day reports, re-entry permits and a couple i things I can't remember at Blueport 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bloynic said:

I had to do my 90 day report today. Was very busy and the bloke I saw was moaning about how busy he was and that he had a bad headache.

I said well if we didn't have to come for this (I don't have internet explorer) you would have far less people. He then explained with great delight that from next month it would be possible to do 90 day reports, re-entry permits and a couple i things I can't remember at Blueport 

 

Well, I stand corrected.  That would be very convenient, especially for those of us without cars/moto-sai.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's February now. What's the status on the opening of the new office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Immigration office has been in at least 4 or 5 different locations in the last 10 years. Make up your pee brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 300sd said:

Immigration office has been in at least 4 or 5 different locations in the last 10 years. Make up your pee brain.

I have been here since the Immigration was centered in Singkhon. My  Post (#30) asked what the status of the new office is not for the estimated size of my brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 2:00 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

I have been here since the Immigration was centered in Singkhon. My  Post (#30) asked what the status of the new office is not for the estimated size of my brain.

My apologies, I was not speaking about yours..... I was actually wondering why these people can not make up their minds where to keep this office. And of course the answer is in the last sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2017 at 3:32 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

It's February now. What's the status on the opening of the new office?

 

Not sure of the official opening date yet, but i'll get some updated photos hopefully later this week. I'll get more info on the exact location as the original report said it was located on Soi 88 but, that's not quite accurate as it's located a long way down Soi 88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 300sd said:

My apologies, I was not speaking about yours..... I was actually wondering why these people can not make up their minds where to keep this office. And of course the answer is in the last sentence.

Apology accepted. I now see your intended meaning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

 

Not sure of the official opening date yet, but i'll get some updated photos hopefully later this week. I'll get more info on the exact location as the original report said it was located on Soi 88 but, that's not quite accurate as it's located a long way down Soi 88

Thanks. The location is more accessible from central Hua Hin by taking the Pala U road west and turning left at a temple before reaching the by-pass.

 

From the south of town heading west on Soi 112 to the (only) traffic lights and turning right heading northish is the same road.

 

Most will be more interested in the Bluport office for 90 Day reporting and minor extensions and Exit/Re-entry stamps. Cynic that I am, a Bluport location has probably been granted rent-free to draw in buying trade:smile:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could some kind soul please provide GPS coordinates or a Goggle maps place marker to the new office? I am totally clueless when it comes to Soi numbers and road names in Hua Hin. Tried to locate on Google maps according to the descriptions, but can't see it connecting....

 

And what is the Bluport office? Not that it probably matters, as I can do those things in the Immigration DanSingKhon office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@peter - yes you're correct, it is actually more acecssible from the Pala U road, in fact I only realised where it was when I was coming back from a trip to Pala U waterfall a few weeks back.

 

@spacekadet, I'll try and get the co-ordinates for you tomorrow.

 

Not sure about this BluPort office, has it been announced officially? I can follow up with HH immigration for confirmation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2017 at 7:53 PM, 300sd said:

Immigration office has been in at least 4 or 5 different locations in the last 10 years. Make up your pee brain.

Not the choice of immigration.  Read posts 13 and 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this is the location and structure:

 

Google Earth

 

12°33'12.20"N  99°53'56.41"E

 

Note: Not visible in Street View due to earlier imagery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 41   Posted (edited)

Thanks for the GPS coords Peter. Looks like far away from Hua Hin and in the middle of F nowhere.

 

They should have moved to Prachuap as originally planned.

Maybe next time...

Edited by SpaceKadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Thanks for the GPS coords Peter. Looks like far away from Hua Hin and in the middle of F nowhere.

 

They should have moved to Prachuap as originally planned.

Maybe next time...

Depends where in Hua Hin you live. I'm at the south end of town and slightly inland - for me it's not a big difference in distance and is a lot easier to get to. No need to fight through all the traffic in town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't live in Hua Hin. For me it's 2.5 hour drive to get there. Hence my comment about Prachuap, which has been discussed earlier. I understand that Hua Hin is where most of the western expats live, but since when does the Immigration want to make anything easier for us?

The SingKhon immigration is becoming quite busy processing all the Burmese workers passports, although they will process any western expat requests bypassing the queue. Likewise, the Prachuap Hospital is very crowded and busy with all the Burmese doing their medical for the immigration/WP papers. And we complain that the Immigration is tough on us!

The new location will affect my choice of the hotel though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for me  12°33'12.20"N  99°53'56.41"E  is a kilometer as the crow flies 2 or 3 km by road, when I was first in Hua Hin it was a 100 km each way to Dan Sing Khon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2016 at 4:39 AM, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

The question is why they moved their office about 2 years ago to 19 rai and are moving it again. They spend many millions to build and furnish the 19 rai office just to move it again. Doesnt make financial sense.

Yes it does if you add in the backhanders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to amend the thread title from 'February 2017' to 'In the near future'?

My query today at HH IO was met with a wry shrug (90 day visit by me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 24 March 2017 07:02
Sponsors