justaphase

Is LPG worth it?

63 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

any one have experience, in where to buy a new ignition coil set.?

Someone posted at TV last year that a dual LPG/Petrol system needs a special set of coils. Normally, I'd go to Ford, to save titme. but they are quoting me 12,000 baht. ridiculous.

Only a clown would believe that ... o you are ...☺

I can't put up with Diesel . Nice splash of E85 n go.Gas lot tailed back on the Hi Way waiting..Oh economy on E85...disgusting.2596efbc1c5c87817ea59b8fa06ce192.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

I can't put up with Diesel . Nice splash of E85 n go.Gas lot tailed back on the Hi Way waiting..Oh economy on E85...disgusting.emoji83.png2596efbc1c5c87817ea59b8fa06ce192.jpg

Morning Ace ...downhill with a following wind ... we have had gas in on of our cars since 2007 ...just had the tank changed ..only legal for 10 years

1 person likes this

Morning Ace ...downhill with a following wind ... we have had gas in on of our cars since 2007 ...just had the tank changed ..only legal for 10 years

Just Cruise,Economy button ,+boring flat Central Plains hi ways..Can get it down to 11.5 in BKK .As for Good Morning it isn't for me ,not happy in Central area .

4 hours ago, JAS21 said:

.just had the tank changed ..only legal for 10 years

Is that a new requirement ? LPG or CNG ?    I thought LPG tanks just had to be "inspected" every 5 years.

ID: 56   Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, johng said:

Is that a new requirement ? LPG or CNG ?    I thought LPG tanks just had to be "inspected" every 5 years.

Not accorging to google.

LPG.

My wife wasn't offered the option of having the tank inspected and tested.

Now that google tells me that it is an option the next time we are at the garage I will asked.

We got 200thb scrap price from the what we would call in the UK ...rag and bone man ...5thb/kg   ... probably got robbed there aswell ....

Edited by JAS21

6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Not accorging to google.

LPG.

My wife wasn't offered the option of having the tank inspected and tested.

Now that google tells me that it is an option the next time we are at the garage I will asked.

We got 200thb scrap price from the what we would call in the UK ...rag and bone man ...5thb/kg   ... probably got robbed there aswell ....

I just received a new certificate, from my installer. It says its is good for 5 (five) years.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:31 PM, sendintheclowns said:

I just received a new certificate, from my installer. It says its is good for 5 (five) years.

When was your tank manufactured? it's stamped on it.

ID: 59   Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, sendintheclowns said:

:smile: I live in this almost black hole. :sad:On quizzing MrsJ she tells me. Yes the certificate is for five years and after five years the tank has to be inspected by 'an engineer' who will issue a certificate for another five years. After ten years I don't know!! Probably scrapped like before......

Even after nearly 15 years of been married to her the only times that I got the full details straight away was when we lived in the UK... it's a Thai Thing   

These details are recorded somewhere withing the walls of your LTO.

Anyway MrsJ's new car arrives on Friday and the Lantis will, after twenty one years, be going to another home ... I hope.    

Edited by JAS21

We've had several LPG explosions in Thailand where people have died , they are trapped  and will die in the terrible flames.  So no thanks. 

1 person likes this

If they had been driving a normal petrol/gasoline vehicle they would still have been trapped with (maybe) the same chance of flames from the petrol....strange they never report that a vehicle fire did not involve LPG or CNG....is that because petrol tanks never catch on fire ,

or that LPG/CNG is more news worthy ?

1 person likes this

I think ,but not sure, a Toyo or Honda with Factory Fitted System would be Safer..Its Old Nops aftermarket weld on that go bang.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

I think ,but not sure, a Toyo or Honda with Factory Fitted System would be Safer..Its Old Nops aftermarket weld on that go bang.

I don't think that there is any welding involved by the fitter ... always thought that they used either screwed fittings or compression fittings. Of course I could be wrong and according to my wife frequently am.