tandor

New Honda Civic 5 door hatchback

219 posts in this topic

ID: 201   Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Just bought the Civic Hatchback Turbo having traded the Accord in.

For anyone interested, bare in mind the hatch does not come with RS features such as Nav, mirror cams.

And Lanewatch.

Mrs J has had hers three days now. She drove BK to Bang Saray yesterday. I'm not too keen on the passenger seat though, just doesn't feel the same as the drivers seat ... maybe because it's only 4-way.

Was allowed a drive last night ... I really like it. My view, a far better choice than the Mazda3 or the Focus. Of course 200,000thb more than the Focus so it should be.

The headlights are very impressive, the road changes to white.

The Nav system took us into huge delays on Route7 whereas maps google would have taken us a different way ...live and learn ...

Edited by JAS21

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

And Lanewatch.

Mrs J has had hers three days now. She drove BK to Bang Saray yesterday. I'm not too keen on the passenger seat though, just doesn't feel the same as the drivers seat ... maybe because it's only 4-way.

Was allowed a drive last night ... I really like it. My view, a far better choice than the Mazda3 or the Focus. Of course 200,000thb more than the Focus so it should be.

Is the lane watch worth it?

We went to Honda assuming the features would be the same on the hatch. 

12 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

And Lanewatch.

The Nav system took us into huge delays on Route7 whereas maps google would have taken us a different way ...live and learn ...

i must admit I'd rather have Nav than the paddle shifters... I use my foot to change gears!! Even the Lanewatch would be better than paddle shifters for the extra 70k you're paying over the 1.5 turbo. Ok you get the LED lights and no need to pay extra for a spoiler but who paddle shifts on a regular commute!

Going to investigate the HDMI mirrorcast option to send my phone screen wirelessly to the dashboard - there's a place near Laem Chabang - which should be an option for getting Google Maps up in there.

1 person likes this

ID: 204   Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Is the lane watch worth it?

We went to Honda assuming the features would be the same on the hatch. 

Lanewatch ..it works when you put the left indicator on or you can have it running all the time.

A good idea as you can see everything behind you and all in one place. I need to use it more as present view is everything seems to be happening very fast ...same as playback on a car cam. You seemed to be driving much faster than you actually were.

Edited by JAS21
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

I think this is poor marketing by Honda. Why can't one buy the hatchback with RS features? It seems silly to me, especially as it's being offered in other countries.

Maybe they will turn up in a mid life update. They have to add something to sell more. 

1 person likes this

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, DavisH said:

Why has the US version got a bump to 180hp over the sedan, but the local hatch will still have 173hp? Any ideas?

de-tuned due to low octane fuel

ID: 208   Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

de-tuned due to low octane fuel

Our premium is 95RON here, but I think in the US their premium fuel is 98RON. I will stand corrected if wrong. I'd certainly be using 95 - I've found it to be better (economy, at least) in both of my cars than 91 and E20. 

Edited by DavisH

I get completely lost with this Gas thing.If you follow the Turbo Drift Racers, suddenly a new winner pops up sayin This year were much faster now we can run E85. FACT!!. Then i read powers down on Thai Honda here cause we dont have suitable Yank fuel. Some right Cobblers going on.:post-4641-1156693976:.

Fuel economy with different fuel is a numbers game. Each type has so many BTU's. To make X torque you need Y amount of fuel. X and Y change for different fuel types. E85 requires more volume of fuel to be burnt to produce the same amount of torque as gasoline. From Wiki -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_gallon_equivalent

1 person likes this

The Topic is RS Turbo, not Economy Carts..You dont buy this model if yer want economy.I want to know why its down on BHP. So do others . Unfortunately American Warpspeed was driven away by P.C clowns so were short on Techies.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Topic is RS Turbo, not Economy Carts..You dont buy this model if yer want economy.I want to know why its down on BHP. So do others . Unfortunately American Warpspeed was driven away by P.C clowns so were short on Techies.

Some specs for a modified car running on E20:

CAR : 2016 HONDA CIVIC FC
ENGINE : L15B7 STD 1,500CC TURBO
OWNER : BORN TO RACE R&D CENTRE
FUEL : GASOLINE E20
ENGINE OIL : Driven Racing Oil Thailand 
SUSPENSION : Buddyclub Sport Spec
WHEEL : CE28 17" + CONTINENTAL TYRE
MODIFIED : 
• REMAP BY BORN TO RACE
- POWER 222WHP TQ34NM
- MAX SPEED 241 KMH (Sale Jan'17)
• INLET PRO KIT +8HP 
• INTAKE PRO KIT HIGH FLOW
• BLOW OFF VALVE HKS + Special CNC Adaptor
• Carbon fiber parts = front bonnet , rear RS THDM Spoiler , Fender , Roof fin

ID: 213   Posted (edited)

So I went along and after a few minutes conversation I went along with a Y-Socket which bypasses the ebrake and a HDMI dongle which allows smart view (built in to most modern Androids) to connect to the screen. Whatever sound your phone makes and what shows on screen is mirrored exactly on the Civic screen by selecting audio source HDMI.

The Y socket is completely hidden behind the head unit so if you pull out the hdmi/usb cable would be unseen however the fact that menu functions are available with the e-brake disengaged it would be fairly easy to discern that one is connected. Insurance questions arise. Installation and removal however takes about 10 minutes.

On the way home i played a youtube video (unnecessary) and then had my route shown by google maps. I was able to see notifications pop up but didn't interact with them. Note you cannot use touchscreen features that are phone based on the Civic screen but can by picking up the phone.

Connection is via HDMI port and power is supplied by the USB socket so you need to use the alternative USB in the centre console to power your phone.

I paid 2,300 baht and his shop is in Lamchabaeng. I have today seen more ads for this product popping up on honda civic hatchback thailand facebook page and other.

Alex - 0933659893

http://www.alexautoshop.com/product/wifi-display-receiver-dongle-hdmi-wifi-สำหรับรถยนต์/

exactly this one

Edited by 2unique

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Hang on ACE...It was bought for MrsJ because she liked it and it had the full quota of air bags. 

I was allowed, just now, to drive it back from Sattahip ...

Had it in Cruise Control as much as possible and doing 100Km/Hr for most of the journey. Made four stops.

Stops 1 and 2 to wee

Stop 3 to load up the Easy Pass Tag

Stop 4 to collect the insurance doc from Honda and some tickets for the Motor Show

The Cruise control did feel to surge a little bit going up those 'humps' on the Motorway...the ones where a lot of pratts slow down...

Below is the fuel consumption indicated over the 193.3Kms. It did peak at 20Km/Ltr before hitting traffic at the BK end of Route7 and Chaengwattana Road.. 3:51 is the time when I took the photo and not the journey time ... Fuel was E20

CaptureKmpL_snip.JPG.533a0be909b90fc7c251acd51f5d464b.JPG    

1 person likes this

Useful? Walls and kerbs i didn't worry about pulling up to previously now seem very high

Sorry about the camera shake was filming one handed with a heavy surface pro 4...

Basically you turn off WIFI on phone, select HDMI as the source, goto Smart View on phone and away you go.

I have used a simple USB splitter so I can power both phone and the HDMI WIFI Dongle at the same time.

Note Bluetooth will still activate and override HDMI to answer calls etc as normal. That is to say, your normal method of receiving calls won't be changed to the mirror screen - which is great.

Also dimming the phone does not dim the output on the Civic screen, so you can dim the phone and stash it underneath.

And final note - You must have installed a YSocket and HDMI Dongle as per my previous post

Edited by 2unique

I use the same mirrorcast system on my 2016 Ford Everest. The only difference is it operates wirelessly on the Everest. The only problem is google maps freezing from time to time.

1 person likes this

Tried the hatch today,Dunlop tires noisy.Apart from that, can't fault it price wise. Mrs likes the Salon ,says Hatch got a funny Bottom .Ah well,they will alter it soon,I'll wait a bit..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect