webfact

Samui flights cheaper for islanders after weekend protest

34 posts in this topic

It's not just flights though is it?

The whole island is run to exploit foreign tourists.

A taxi is B400 before it moves; how does this figure vs B35 in BKK. Not one taxi will ever turn a meter on. There are virtually no pick-up buses so it becomes a monopoly for the excessive taxis.

I'm sure everyone must be aware of it; the local police, the governor ....even those higher up must be aware of the dishonesty surrounding Samui.

I look forward to the day when Section 44 is enacted, the NACC and the DSI become involved to make the island a fair place for all.(Before you all reply .......I know ..... it'll never happen)!

On 2/17/2017 at 10:03 AM, MichaelJohn said:

A taxi is B400 before it moves; how does this figure vs B35 in BKK. Not one taxi will ever turn a meter on. There are virtually no pick-up buses so it becomes a monopoly for the excessive taxis.

I'm sure everyone must be aware of it; the local police, the governor ....even those higher up must be aware of the dishonesty surrounding Samui.

I look forward to the day when Section 44 is enacted, the NACC and the DSI become involved to make the island a fair place for all.(Before you all reply .......I know ..... it'll never happen)!

the taxis there exploit thais too, one of the worse islands in thailand I've been on regarding to the taxi / transportation issue.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:03 AM, MichaelJohn said:

You must have gotten something very wrong, because TAT here in nathon will tell you that EVERY taxi on samui uses the meter! :smile:

1 person likes this

I found this good with a resident card 2000baht to Bangkok and 2700 back to Samui can't complain

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 people like this

They have reduced their prices. I got a USM > BKK flight for only 3800 baht, but she said it was promotion. 

I just picked up a residents card ( no fee at present ) for my daughter 11yrs .. previously was only issued to 12 or over ..

In the past , on occasion , my prices with the residents card have been cheaper  than the  child fare , now with the reduced fares I'm sure they are . 

These banners are hung around the island this week.... only word in English is "Monopoly"

The locals must be protesting again!

IMG_0647.JPG

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

These banners are hung around the island this week.... only word in English is "Monopoly"

The locals must be protesting again!

[Image removed in answer]

Protesting about giving the airport land back – from earlier news-feed there is a story about the airport leased some extra land when extending the runway, but the lessor had not full rights to lease that land to the airport; however as often, case not crystal clear, so we aliens may not understand it all...

2 people like this