snoop1130

Koh Phangan tourist businesses furious as warrant issued for arrest of policeman who robbed two Russian holidaymakers

81 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, BKKBrit said:

Considering that tourism under the current government is nudging to generating 12% of GDP and more than 10% of the population is directly or indirectly generating an income from provision of services - what's your problem?

And how much of gdp is lost/wasted due to corruption?

1 person likes this

When caught he will say sorry and offer the Russians a wai. If the Russian man has any balls he would kick him in the teeth while the hypocrite is kneeling in front of him,show the Thai public what we think of their stupid wai's. In many places in the world kidnapping alone would get him a life sentence,let's see how many months he gets here.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

Chinese too please 

Chinese are okay. Better than the lowlife farangs.

I know its not right to generalize. However, when it comes to Thailand the lyrics of "Sympathy for the Devil" are pointing it out:

"Just as every cop is a criminal. And all the sinners saints. As heads is tails."  

I believe he will face court and prison.

He has fled because he knows he will and that is because influential people are pursuing this.

Look on the positive side .

The Policemen got arrested for their crimes .

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

When caught he will say sorry and offer the Russians a wai. If the Russian man has any balls he would kick him in the teeth while the hypocrite is kneeling in front of him,show the Thai public what we think of their stupid wai's. In many places in the world kidnapping alone would get him a life sentence,let's see how many months he gets here.

Agree with you but I'd bet on the Russian getting a more severe sentence for kicking the cop in the teeth than the cop would ever get for the kidnap & imprisonment of the Russians.

ID: 33   Posted (edited)

policeman ring leader will never be apprehended, gang will go to jail, tourists satisfied, policeman starts a new gang and the beat goes on and on, as long as the correct revenue split is adhered to on regular basis 

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
2 people like this

When i became a member of TV we use to have a different subjects to talk about on this forum.

Nowadays every news are packed with crime crime and more where local police gangsters are coming on day light venue.

Yes it is more and more known about Thailand loosing this image of safe holiday and pleasant time in LOS .

I can find a lot of information and opinions about world holidays where people of other sites looking for opinion.

Yes , slowly LOS becoming as " wild west " Thai style....

It's sad.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

Chinese are okay. Better than the lowlife farangs.

Ask the Thais 

The problem with many Police Departments worldwide, especially in developing and third world countries are the Police are grossly underpaid.

When they lose it all from lack of adequate cash flow, mounting bills, foreclosure threats, and the ability to save, they lose it.  Especially, if a family member not in the household is sick or injured and money is needed for further medical treatment or to pay mounting bills.

This problem will no doubt accelerate with a worldwide economic retreat. 

Some derogatory posts removed from view. Please read forum rules before posting further derogatory comments about Thai's or foreigners... or making blanket statements of something  which is not true.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

But decisive action is what they got.

Really??? I read the article everybody is on the run. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Actually, "4 members of the public" got arrested (the ones in the picture), one police officer (the "boss', gang leader) has run away. So, not a single policeman got arrested, ergo the positive side is not so positive, so far...

1 person likes this

With this police force, Thailand is goingto be rotten to the core!

Police at the top of the food chain yet again.. just how corrupt is the force?

They seem to be at the top, middle & bottom of everything!!

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Don't forget the slippery smile that goes with the "wai" 

muttering in Thai to his chronies this should do it boys 

now make sure my cut is in a brown paper bag in my glove box 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

That's just for the photo everyone knows that ! 

In the 'photo the 'perp' 2nd from right in white T shirt looks really repentant doesn't he? Maybe he's thinking "OK, let's get this PR BS over with quickly, so we can return to our normal lucrative criminal activities"?

1 hour ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

Ask the Thais 

Arrrr the pennies just dropped you the 1 guy I saw once in 7/11 who actually had been taught how to queue 

Oops.... so sorry, but all the inactive desks are full at the moment... what will become of these fine orificers

1 person likes this

TAT will just love this all over the world press

Come to Thailand & get abducted & robbed by the police

1 person likes this

The hunt for the policeman ringleader is now underway with Koh Phangan police saying they expect a quick arrest.

And then...???

He will apologize

He will get a new job somwhere else

La la Land by it's finest

1 person likes this

With 32.59 million foreign guests visiting Thailand in 2016 (source wikipedia) I don't think the Thais are too worried about the foreign press, do you?

2 people like this