webfact

Koh Phangan rogue cop returned to island "on holiday" after being given "inactive post" for extorting tourists

106 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree; jailed.

IMHO, in many situations, police who break the law should be subject to higher penalties. Interested to hear what others think. 

ALL the islands, especially the smaller ones, ARE literally the Wild Wild West, with police and mafia and drug dealers ALL in bed with each other (and it's the same on our island as well, the cops supply the drug dealers and accept bribes from them, and a former VERY high-ranking official from two other nearby provinces who owns property here is involved with importing massive quantities of "ice", heroin and other drugs every week )

and the FUNNIEST (and most untrue) thing i've heard in weeks (quote from OP): 

Chief Apichart said all resources were being employed to hunt him down. "There are some rogue policemen in the Surat force," he admitted, "But almost 100% of my men are upstanding honest cops doing a good job".

He said anyone found guilty of misdeeds would be prosecuted with the full force of the law without fear or favor.

:laugh:

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The locals on Phangan said he was well known for being involved in many cases there.

Apparently a heavy criminal known for years.

Specialized in kidnapping, blackmailing, extorting and drug trafficking.

Why this scum sit not in prison?

Only because he wear a royal police uniform?

Disgusting.

Thailand really need to build up a new police force.

in Chiang Khan 2 years ago, i was partying with several Thai friends (including a very rich guy whose father is a big executive of a major bank) for a week; on the 3rd day, a big cop from somewhere in Isan (i know where, but will not identify) came and joined the party- first thing he said, in Thai, was (and my friends translated just in case i didn't understand, but i did) "I am big Thai police, police here in Thailand can do ANYTHING under the sun"...

he was a gregarious and extroverted guy, we had oodles and boodles of fun partying (drinking, eating, laughing) together-

after several days of partying, we went 30 km away, just over the Lao border (i know, because my Thai cell phone wouldn't work, no signal, but will not further identify who, what, where, etc) and continued the party; after several hours, the Lao boys we were partying with left, and most of us went to sleep- several hours later, in the middle of the night, we were all woken up and were told we had to go immediately- i was told later by the friend that had originally brought me to Chiang Khan that there was a big drug deal that the cop & the rich guy had orchestrated together, and since we were all in the same vehicle, we had to leave when the deal was concluded...

here on our island it is just as bad...

1 person likes this

And your punishment is ..........

2ab715591708c7c783e4fcb39403cb8b_hammock-silhouette-of-girl-silhouette-of-couple-in-hammock-clipart_1300-1143.jpeg

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, BrainLife said:

Cops do not get prosecuted or jailed for the simple reason they know too much about other bad cops. The only other option is death by cop to silence a caught one, which is also bad for the cop mafia.

Yeah. Wondering if this latest 'polly' gunna squark or croak.

Almost every cop I met were corrupt.  They always try to find ways to get money off me instead of issuing me with an official ticket.  So what else do they do that is corrupt?  Extortion?  Kidnaping?  Protection of criminal activities?  Illegal drugs?  Gambling den?  Where does the corruption stops???

1 minute ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

Almost every cop I met were corrupt.  They always try to find ways to get money off me instead of issuing me with an official ticket.  So what else do they do that is corrupt?  Extortion?  Kidnaping?  Protection of criminal activities?  Illegal drugs?  Gambling den?  Where does the corruption stops???

When does the general impose 44 and start a completely new RTP with completely new modern policies and practices, and punish and offenders with 1 strike your in jail?

4 hours ago, jenifer d said:

ALL the islands, especially the smaller ones, ARE literally the Wild Wild West, with police and mafia and drug dealers ALL in bed with each other (and it's the same on our island as well, the cops supply the drug dealers and accept bribes from them, and a former VERY high-ranking official from two other nearby provinces who owns property here is involved with importing massive quantities of "ice", heroin and other drugs every week )

and the FUNNIEST (and most untrue) thing i've heard in weeks (quote from OP): 

:laugh:

And don't expect any follow up by the newly reformed, and now more professional media!

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Seems this cop and his history of similar illegal activities is well known to the local folks and to the police.

Obvious question: why was he not arrested, investigated, seriously punished (if guilty) years ago?

Seems that his supervisors are also need to be investigated and punished, perhaps even more seriously punished in terms of serious  dereliction of their force management responsibilities. 

Of course the 'overseers' need incrementally bigger punishments !

But they all need Real wages.

Wages that make "the Risk" less enticing.

But that may affect the power and wealth  of the Oligachy ....

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

So much for being removed to an inactive post.

Criminals like him should be sacked/jailed, that is the only way to stop their corrupt illegal activities.

TIT.

well i have to say that i personally know a few absolutely honest cops but the rest seem to belong to a totally different class of cop who think that because of their position that they are totally immune  from any sort of repercussions when they break the law ,this guy seems to be sticking two  fingers up to the entire police force an to thai law 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief said that most problems on the island stemmed from the

inability of Thai police to administer justice to their own.  This story shows the value of 'inactive post' punishments.

20 hours ago, silver sea said:

Presumably, an 'inactive post' means that he has 'nothing to do all day, and plenty of time to do it in', so no wonder he returned to his criminal ways.

Its called rubbing it in. 

23 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Another Detriment for travel to The Land of Smiles. Soon stories like these will become more and more in the forethought of people looking for an island holiday. With Cambodia and Myanmar getting their act together attractive alternatives will be presenting themselves with increasing frequency. Will the Thai authorities wait until numbers drop like a rock before attempting real change?

Thai authorities (RTP) are the reason why the tourist number drops, as long as they can keep on with extortion and ripping off tourists they don't want to change anything. 

Agree; jailed.

IMHO, in many situations, police who break the law should be subject to higher penalties. Interested to hear what others think. 

Absolutely so! Otherwise how can we feel safe. We employ these people to serve and protect us. Why should they be treated more favourably than an ordinary citizen, in fact the punishment should be double that of anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree; jailed.

Agree totally and I am astounded at the bravura of this mongrel. 

So much for the top cop,  no one is scared of him,  weak pussy. 

1 person likes this

Whenever I talk about the police in Thailand I say "Mafia police".

Helps cut down on confusion.

2 hours ago, badlad said:

well i have to say that i personally know a few absolutely honest cops but the rest seem to belong to a totally different class of cop who think that because of their position that they are totally immune  from any sort of repercussions when they break the law ,this guy seems to be sticking two  fingers up to the entire police force an to thai law 

Good point. In my (Thai) the same day as the coup happened the senior cop living opposite my house was relieved of his duties and placed under house arrest and ordered to not make or answer any phone calls and not have another person do this for him.

Previously his 12 'personal staff' worked from his house using police cars, pick ups etc. They were told to not come to his house again and our neighbors discovered that police from another location monitored the activities of the 12 'personal staff' for months, including their phone calls.

Further, there was a luxury police car, with flashing lights, sirens etc., always outside of the big cops house to be used to take his wife to the supermarket.

The big cop was later dismissed, no pension etc. 

Chief Apichart said all resources were being employed to hunt him down. "There are some rogue policemen in the Surat force," he admitted, "But almost 100% of my men are upstanding honest cops doing a good job".

Untrue. An absolute lie. The truth would be almost all of my men are rogue policemen. We have only a few that are honest cops. Everybody knows that nearly all cops on Phangan, Dark Tao, and Samui are corrupt. Even Little P. knows this, and chooses to do nothing about it. The fact that this creep would be allowed to travel back to Phangan says it all. The fact that he was not in jail says it all.

Above the law. Any and all laws. 

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Whenever I talk about the police in Thailand I say "Mafia police".

Helps cut down on confusion.

You mean the mafia in brown uniform?

If you have any kind of problem or dispute in LOS (Land Of Scam), don't call the police, they are the problem.

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Untrue. An absolute lie. The truth would be almost all of my men are rogue policemen. We have only a few that are honest cops. Everybody knows that nearly all cops on Phangan, Dark Tao, and Samui are corrupt. Even Little P. knows this, and chooses to do nothing about it. The fact that this creep would be allowed to travel back to Phangan says it all. The fact that he was not in jail says it all.

Above the law. Any and all laws. 

You got it all right there spidermike, RTP are a bunch of crocks who feeding from tourists, wonder how they will survive when they wake up one morning and there is no turist to scam or get bribes from.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:53 AM, clockman said:

Now we know what an inactive post is!

what is "is" depends on the envelope size .

ID: 98   Posted (edited)

This stupid, arrogant,ignorant <removed> career criminal, who the public are meant to look at for their well being, and protection, (or so they tell us) should be found somewhere under a bridge with a 9mm hole in his head, in the mafia style execution.

Edited by CharlieH
language removed
1 person likes this

18 hours ago, sandemara said:

Does anybody else see the parallels between how Roman Catholic Church authorities used to deal with complaints by members of the public about instances of paedophilia or sexual abuse involving their priests and Royal Thai Police authorities' usual responses to complaints by members of the general public about illegal activities by their representatives in the field?  

Nope, very far fetched.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This stupid, arrogant,ignorant <removed> career criminal, who the public are meant to look at for their well being, and protection, (or so they tell us) should be found somewhere under a bridge with a 9mm hole in his head, in the mafia style execution.

He probably will be, they (The authorities) can't possibly have him squealing to save his Bacon by giving up some of his mates, can they ?

1 person likes this