rooster59

Sessions asks 46 Obama-era U.S. attorneys to resign

62 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

actually, they are being asked to submit their resignations immediately. "The dedicated career prosecutors" cited by the justice department are underlings, not the chief prosecutors. Now, to be fair to Trump, it may well be that some resignation will be refused.

The fate of Preet Bharara, who has been very aggressive in prosecuting Wall St. malefactors, will be particularly interesting to witness. He was asked by Trump and Sessions to stay on. So if they have truly reversed their postion...well I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Given the large number of Wall Street insiders in the Trump administration, I can't see how he would let Bharara stay on.

And, in fact, despite what Trump and Sessions said earlier in a meeting with Bharara, they are firing him as well.  Let's see if they put a corporate lawyer in his place.

20 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I'm being naïve?  So that's the way you think the world works?  That there's one standard of justice for everyone? Rich or poor?

ANd what makes your accusation of naiveté even more ludicrous is that you are the party who wrote, "I prefer to trust the current US Gov'ts elected official on both sides of the aisle to review the changes are work towards the optimal result."

And as for sources on the net. I use real news sources done by serious researchers and journalists.  Not dubious posts that originally began in Macedonia.

my trust is being borne out every day by lawsuits against decisions and actions being taken by the current administration... sometimes it is watchdog organizations like the ACLU; they're also included in my trust in the system... 

the justice system in the usa does the best that it can. it is populated by human beings with human failings. it could always be better, but there are some people of integrity in it.  you don't get to read about those people often, because laxk of integrity makes headlines etc...

you claims of serious journalism and research to justify your biases as though they're gold standard of what truly represents the truth of the matter brings a smile to my face, and shows why the clinton campaign threw away a most winnable election...

The timing and urgency, perhaps reflected in Sean Hannity's pleas for "a purge of the Obama saboteurs", is what some are finding unusual. I think there was an understanding that this replacement would occur over a longer period of time, without impacting on-going investigations and cases?

The case of Southern District of New York U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara is, separately, interesting. He was specifically asked by the President Elect (at the time) to stay on. But he would be involved with any prosecution of the Trump Organization.

Interesting that Obama had ~ 47 U.S. Attorneys who must be Republican, or at least acceptable to Sessions/Trump?

1 person likes this

ID: 54   Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The timing and urgency, perhaps reflected in Sean Hannity's pleas for "a purge of the Obama saboteurs", is what some are finding unusual. I think there was an understanding that this replacement would occur over a longer period of time, without impacting on-going investigations and cases?

The case of Southern District of New York U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara is, separately, interesting. He was specifically asked by the President Elect (at the time) to stay on. But he would be involved with any prosecution of the Trump Organization.

Interesting that Obama had ~ 47 U.S. Attorneys who must be Republican, or at least acceptable to Sessions/Trump?

Nice post.  45 of those attorneys were ell aware they'd be asked to resign. This is pretty much SOP. However, Bharara is different, and I believe should have been the exception to prove the rule. He's done a very good job and he is a man of integrity with deep knowledge of the inner workings necessary to explain to a jury the machination employed by defendants in order to get well deserved guilty verdicts.  He also doesn't only go after the little guy to make his numbers look good regarding conviction rate. He is well aware of the power of big bosses who hold the purse strings and how they can give an impression to their subordinates of acting within the law, when they're really not doing that. Allowing him to leave [if his termination isn't reconsidered] would be a blow to the Department of Justice. 

Edited by Ramen087

Preet refused to resign and was sumarrily fired by the Trump Organization. It appears the Trump team now listens to Mr Hannity of Fox news more so than the American public.

Another sad day for America- while the release of these prosecutors is normal with regime change- it is always done in an orderly fashion with some overlap and no loss of case continuity.

the Trump Administration is clearly incompetent and paranoid and sees Obama supporters behind every tree along with terrorists and illegal immigrants.

My God it hasn't even been 2 months and look at the nonsense coming from Trump and his minions- how can we continue on like this for 4 years?  Pure madness.

1 person likes this

It might be worth considering that Mr Bharara might just be part of the prosecutorial team that impeaches Donald Trump.  There is a hunt on as we speak for vital evidence involving Mr Trump and his adventures in Moscow. If it can be proved along with pics- Trump is finished.

On 11/03/2017 at 10:01 AM, shanesox said:

The irony from a racist Russian mole!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Do you have any links to the proof of that?

or just repeating libtard hearsay?  Show proof or keep shtum. He is the POTUS, show some respect.

ID: 59   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Scooby and Puppy said:

or just repeating libtard hearsay?  Show proof or keep shtum. He is the POTUS, show some respect.

You mean like the respect  Trump showed Obama when he promoted birther nonsense?

And didn't he just call Obama a "bad (or sick) guy!"

Edited by ilostmypassword

9 hours ago, Scooby and Puppy said:

Plenty of evidence as to his racist leanings.  Respect is earned.  Not given.  So far, the POTUS has yet to earn respect from many of us.

On 15/03/2017 at 6:24 AM, craigt3365 said:

Plenty of evidence as to his racist leanings.  Respect is earned.  Not given.  So far, the POTUS has yet to earn respect from many of us.

He's got it from me 100%.

no one is perfect, but liberals will always try to put him down, but he is not a racist in my mind.  Wanting to send home undocumented ILLEGALS (meaning not legal) is NOT racist, it's common sense. Do liberals no the difference between illegal and legal, not sure if they do.

9 hours ago, Scooby and Puppy said:

He's got it from me 100%.

no one is perfect, but liberals will always try to put him down, but he is not a racist in my mind.  Wanting to send home undocumented ILLEGALS (meaning not legal) is NOT racist, it's common sense. Do liberals no the difference between illegal and legal, not sure if they do.

So you must have liked Obama then?  He deported more illegal immigrants than any other president.  So far, Trump is just talk.  It's not an easy thing to achieve.  He needs help from Congress.  Which so far, doesn't look like he's getting.

P.S. this isn't about liberals.  Labels like that don't make sense and just create a bigger divide in the US.  Also, the net benefit for immigrants has been proven to be OK or at least neutral.  Not negative.

1 person likes this