webfact

Walking Street: Has topless Go-Go become a No-No?

100 posts in this topic

My dad visited me from florida he was surprised they not topless. He said its much better gogos in FL.

I even went one in Canada and was mad

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Maybe you should mind your own business.

Here we have another keyboard warrior. 

2 people like this

Money for whiskey finished, police just need some new sponsors.

9 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Please release me  - let me go....

ahh1.jpg

Now that ought to be a no-no

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

My dad visited me from florida he was surprised they not topless. He said its much better gogos in FL.

FL has better go-gos and some counties allow full nudity. Skilled in the art of the pole, mostly college girls with southern charm.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

No more topless Thai ladies? Not much to miss.

I certainly prefer them to the cows.

10 hours ago, Hayduke said:

It doesn’t matter. Tourists come to Pattaya for the trekking, bird watching,  wildlife photography, and the spectacular natural scenery. They aren’t interested in these distasteful shenanigans.

Yes, AND.......According to the General and PM they will also be coming to learn the 'Thai" language.   Which as he predicts will replace the English language around the world as language (or second language) of choice.    While he was speaking to a graduating class he confirmed his theory by telling the students that Thai has 44 letters and one word can mean many things just by changing the tone.......
This was in an article on ThaiVisa recently................. LOL............

Aussie's ...end of story ..traveling to Thailand. Because if anyone want's to see beach of rain forest ...then must out of his/her mind.....

There is much much better in Australia and cleaner,safer (and no one will check your urine) ...hence no girls no trips. Simple as that.

Instead of fighting street crime they fighting with everything else which kills natural Thai life which was making money for ages .

Well, if there no tourists then no reason to rob farangs or do deals ... Simple nice kinder garden...

It's sad ..but there is still some other countries around the world just hungry for our dollar (and still not greedy as LOS ) ...

11 hours ago, Hayduke said:

It doesn’t matter. Tourists come to Pattaya for the trekking, bird watching,  wildlife photography, and the spectacular natural scenery. They aren’t interested in these distasteful shenanigans.

And of course to swim in the clean pristine Gulf of Thailand and to lounge on the clean pattaya beach sand

9 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Interesting post and good points.  It is true that Western Tourism is falling and will continue to do so.  Even the gap year tourism is likely to fall away, not that that brought in many dollars anyway.  Certainly China is a huge market if they can capture it successfully.  The package tour Chinese are not lucrative enough but their (newly rich) middle class tourists can bring in some serious bucks.  But will Thailand be able to really sanitise it's sex industry?  There is serous money being made out of it and many snouts in the trough.

Slowly but surely Burma is going to open up and I think that will be the draw for the Western market in the future.  Whether it will replace Thailand as the preferred  sex tourist destination remains to be seen but there would be an irony if the young ladies from Thailand went to Burma for the "opportunities".

I don`t accept all that you say. The decline in western tourism and increase in the Chinese tourist market in Thailand is deliberate policy.

Western style entertainments, beer bars and go go bars have been eroded over the years, plus the duel pricing policies and many scams aimed at western tourists has been putting the off visiting the country.  The TAT has been placing a lot of effort into attracting the Chinese whereas it`s been the total opposite for westerners.

No getting away from it, the Thai sex industry has been a boon for Thailand, attracting millions each year and providing employment for those who would otherwise be destitute or in low paying slave labour type jobs. This has been all about image and the myth that the Chinese are going to make Thailand boom, that will never happen.

9 hours ago, Thaidream said:

It will relocate to other places but in a more subdued format.  Tourism will not be hurt by it's demise or relocation. The Western mongers will go somewhere else but the powers in charge don't care. there is more money in the Chinese and middle to upper class Thais that there is in Western tourists who get drunk and fight.  Bangkok is following the same pattern- the relocation has already started. Except in Bangkok- bars are moving out because they cannot afford the rent as the land prices are skyrocketing and they can't increase prices enough  to make up for lost revenue. The thing that may hasten all of this is the new excise tax on alcohol. Even if it is 10-20%- these  price increases will force some bars out of business.

Why would Chinese rich enough to go anywhere they want ever choose someplace like Pattaya for their holidays?  In numbers anyway.  Nope - if that's what Thais are thinking then they certainly are dreaming...

1 person likes this

I walk in a GoGo and the goodies are covered, I walk straight back out.  No way I'm paying GoGo prices to look at cloth.  There are plenty beer bars for that.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Xaos said:

Good point. I have seen babes - in the Lower Mainland of BC Canada - with dynamite bodies do girl girl shows. These were performed in regular beer parlors, and they easily surpassed any shows that I have seen in Pattaya.

"The club was charged with opening out of hours, having no operating license, no alcohol license, serving underage customers, allowing drug taking and matters relating to the sale of shisha. "

No one I know has ever heard of a GoGo by the name of "Dance 2" on Walking Street or anywhere else. Must be a Thai place and with 150 customers that also eliminates most GoGo's on Walking Street or Soi LK Metro. So what is the real story? My mate was out Sunday night and it was topless "everywhere" on Walking Street...strange. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

FL has better go-gos and some counties allow full nudity. Skilled in the art of the pole, mostly college girls with southern charm.

Yeah, and they locate the nude cafe's alongside the interstate highways so travelers can have a meal, something to drink and an eyeful.  

1 person likes this

Just now, BruceMangosteen said:

"The club was charged with opening out of hours, having no operating license, no alcohol license, serving underage customers, allowing drug taking and matters relating to the sale of shisha. "

No one I know has ever heard of a GoGo by the name of "Dance 2" on Walking Street or anywhere else. Must be a Thai place and with 150 customers that also eliminates most GoGo's on Walking Street or Soi LK Metro. So what is the real story? My mate was out Sunday night and it was topless "everywhere" on Walking Street...strange. 

Show me one thing that is not strange about Thailand?

Not Pattaya (though I did spend a lot of time there) -- I was walking down Raminthra Rd in BKK, about to have a heat stroke, so I stopped to sit on a bus bench in the shade.

A rather sweet, elegant Thai lady was sitting a few seats down & here came a dump truck going hell-bent for leather, with his front bumper caved in on the front left, which was cutting the tire, doing at least 100 kph, and smoke just BOILING off said tire...Luckily it still had air in it when he blasted by us.

It just looked at the lady, she looked at me & both of us could only say TIT.

Such is normal in Thailand.

Was in Hooters. Beer 144 Baht. Three beers and ten chicken wings 1000.Baht. You guys have given in to this stuff of uncovered prices for covered birds.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, jaywalker said:

A rather sweet, elegant Thai lady was sitting a few seats down

It just looked at the lady, she looked at me & both of us could only say TIT.

Such is normal in Thailand.

Dog gone it...that wasn't the ending we all were anticipating...why not make something up like "we clasp hands, she asked "how much you give me?".. and  we were off to my hotel..."...true love as only found in Thailand.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Was in Hooters. Beer 144 Baht. Three beers and ten chicken wings 1000.Baht. You guys have given in to this stuff of uncovered prices for covered birds.

Hooters is for shut-ins anyway. Was in the Nana Hooters a few days after they opened--had one beer and left. Some of the girls looked like they came from the free-lancers in the parking lot. Even in the states they are a miss, as far as I am concerned--for starters, the girls must wear pantyhose and the prices are higher than other bars in the vicinity.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Dog gone it...that wasn't the ending we all were anticipating...why not make something up like "we clasp hands, she asked "how much you give me?".. and  we were off to my hotel..."...true love as only found in Thailand.

Had I been in the mood Bruce...Yeah, I probably could have talked her into it.

I was headed to Villa Supermarket though. I'd been eating spicy "Whatever" and rice for a month, working with these Thai guys, and just wanted a ham & cheese sandwich more than anything else.

I love Thai Jasmine rice, but I need some 'taters & bread every once in a while.

Villa was just close enough to walk to, and on the opposite side of the road = a taxi was unfeasible.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Don't know where you've been, but at the Cafe Risque near Gainesville the food and the beer was nowhere near that expensive, especially in the early 1990s--maybe it was that coke you had.

I was there in the early 90's, but only two or three times. Goons working as bouncers were a turn off. But, the food was reasonable and in fact, good! Breakfast specials and truck parking! Billboards for 100 miles either direction. I doubt it's still open..thanks for the memories mate!

1 person likes this

On 3/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, redwinecheese said:

Great job otherwise we will be seeing open sex practice in Pattaya which will force me to leave Thailand for good.

oh no don't go!!!!  if you don't like Pattaya DONT GO

next!

3 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I was there in the early 90's, but only two or three times. Goons working as bouncers were a turn off. But, the food was reasonable and in fact, good! Breakfast specials and truck parking! Billboards for 100 miles either direction. I doubt it's still open..thanks for the memories mate!

Just googled it, apparently it is still there and the wing special is $8.99, all-you-can-eat. Last time I was there was in 2007.

Multiple off topic posts all from the same source have been removed, please stop posting about your stories from the USA they are NOT related to Pattaya

1 person likes this