snoop1130

Scotland's Sturgeon says: I can win an independence vote

416 posts in this topic

We built a wall to keep them out. They have kept coming south ever since.
They harp on about Bannockburn,  (1314), which is probably the last time they won anything, including soccer, so let them vote and leave us in peace for the first time in 700 years.

I am not so sure that you or yours built it, unless you have a bit of Roman in you.
2 people like this

It is the UK that has EU membership, not Scotland. Shortly the UK will be advising the EU that it intends to leave. Assuming Scotland is permitted another independence vote , and the vote goes the way SNP would like, then Scotland shall have to apply for membership of the EU.  Assuming the remaining 27 countries of the EU approve Scotland joining, then this process will still take some years until Scotland has totally devolved from the UK. In that interim period they will neither have the support of England nor that of the EU.

You can forget England buying expensive offshore oil, its cheaper from elsewhere. Same goes for gas which England can buy from overseas via the interconnector.

If Scotland votes for independence it will be a bit like turkeys voting for Xmas.  Mind you Nicola Sturgeon does show similar traits IMO

You really don't understand how the oil markets work, do you?

1 minute ago, rockingrobin said:

Look at what he said

The member state is the UK. If the UK is leaving, and Scotland remains part of the UK, it’s improbable, bordering on inconceivable, that Scotland can remain in the Europpean Union.”

Scotland remaining part of UK. 

The referendum is to become independent prior to UKs departure of EU

Yes and I would wager it is impossible for Scotland to be totally devolved by March 2020 due to legal and constitutional hurdles,  after a "yes"  vote late 2018/early 2019 for that to become absolute.

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Clearly you don't by your response.

Clearly you don't by your response.

Well I have worked for one of the largest integrated oil and gas companies in the world for close to 30 years in various roles in various countries so I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I know more than the OP, and if you think that his comments made sense, then you too.

This women is crazy! If she get a 2nd go and loses will she leave politics forever I do hope so, I always thought there was something fishy about here and Alex Salmond.

1 person likes this

ID: 33   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

If she says the goalposts have changed because of Brexit, well, Brexit hasn't happened yet. They should wait several years at least 

Fyi , Brexit will never happen ,  both sides  will fail to agree, on a brexit deal . Suprise suprise .

Just in time  , for a general election ,  and guess who will put his hat in the ring

for  the New  Consevative leadership   ,  born again  DCameron .

Bttopic ,  the  wee lass is all mouth , and no brain .

Edited by elliss

1 hour ago, whatawonderfulday said:

But to give credit where credit is due the number of discoveries or inventions directly attributable to a Scottish person is exceptionally high given the size of the nation.  

Such as the invention of the Telephone by the Italian Antonio Meucci.

Or what about the inventor of the T.V.  Was it the German Paul Nipkow, or Englishman Edwin Belin,or Russian Vladimir Zworykin,maybe even the American Philo Farnsworth.

I suppose it all boils down to how often you try and convince people,including yourself.

"AH " well at least the Scots can take pride in the Haggis,except even that  comes from Lancashire, according to a Scottish author a few years back.

1 person likes this

Such as the invention of the Telephone by the Italian Antonio Meucci.
Or what about the inventor of the T.V.  Was it the German Paul Nipkow, or Englishman Edwin Belin,or Russian Vladimir Zworykin,maybe even the American Philo Farnsworth.
 I suppose it all boils down to how often you try and convince people,including yourself.
"AH " well at least the Scots can take pride in the Haggis,except even that  comes from Lancashire, according to a Scottish author a few years back.

I thought it was the Romans who invented haggis? But good to see that, as usual, you don't let things like that that get in your way of doing your best to rubbish Scotland before you declare that we are all anti-English.
1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Well according to a SNP spokesperson a few days ago. The SNP have no intention of promoting the idea that the Scottish economy is any way reliant on the

price of oil. Which is good news,as the price of oil is forecast to go lower again, due mainly to the American shale industry,starting to ramp up production.

However up to today the SNP have not produced an alternative source of revenue. Maybe that information will be forth coming in the next few months. As a separated Scotland would take a great deal of  strain from the English taxpayers.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I thought it was the Romans who invented haggis? But good to see that, as usual, you don't let things like that that get in your way of doing your best to rubbish Scotland before you declare that we are all anti-English.

Just repeating Scottish author Catherine Brown. Although I have also read that the Haggis originated from China,the same as Whisky.

At least someone is standing up to T May and her rush to take the UK into oblivion.

That is more than the official opposition led by G Corbyn are doing.

Did you ever wonder what happened to Jimmie Krankie? Fell down a porridge mine and returned as 1st Monster, I mean minister sorry!

2 people like this

As daft as rab nesbits wife Ella 

The bulk of jock rigs needs millions to decommission so will they pay?

As daft as rab nesbits wife Ella 

I believe 'Mary Doll' is the name that you are... grasping for.
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Fact: Of the 178 countries that have gained their own independence across this planet, not one single one of them has ever asked to reverse this independence

Except Scotland 300 odd years ago after their neighbour had conquered the world using boats made of wood, powered by wind and navigated by stars & all they'd managed before being let in was a failed excursion to Panama where all they found was yellow fever. 

It wouldn't surprise me in Mother Teresa were to pull the rug back on the poison dwarf by springing a snap election in May aimed at decimating the no of SNP MPs in Westminster and further neutering Corbyns lot in the process.

The tell tale signs are there...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The Scots have clearly demonstrated that they want to remain in the EU. Brexit appears to be inevitable so no amount of waiting to see just how much of a disaster the future of a united GB&NI outside the EU is, will make up for that. Surely it is better to take all the pain in one go?

So go ahead and secede. No one is forcing you to stay. But get real, it will not happen. Eu is a disaster waiting to collapse and all the money poured into it (not by Scotland) is only skimmed by the corrupt dorks that that get chosen to represent you. Sturgeon (the fish) is after the position of president of The Free State of Scotland. She will fight tooth and nail for this, if only to scam money from you in the long term. Look into the future just for a few years, who will benefit? From a Lindsay. lol  

5 hours ago, nontabury said:

Well according to a SNP spokesperson a few days ago. The SNP have no intention of promoting the idea that the Scottish economy is any way reliant on the

price of oil. Which is good news,as the price of oil is forecast to go lower again, due mainly to the American shale industry,starting to ramp up production.

However up to today the SNP have not produced an alternative source of revenue. Maybe that information will be forth coming in the next few months. As a separated Scotland would take a great deal of  strain from the English taxpayers.

Do not worry, when the Scoots realise the UK has a lot of shale oil      ...and it is south of the boarder Ms Cranky will be history.

7 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Does this mean they will take off air the BBC presenters who speak Scottish?....one of them I only catch 2 words in 5 . 

Probably your ears. 

It is the UK that has EU membership, not Scotland. Shortly the UK will be advising the EU that it intends to leave. Assuming Scotland is permitted another independence vote , and the vote goes the way SNP would like, then Scotland shall have to apply for membership of the EU.  Assuming the remaining 27 countries of the EU approve Scotland joining, then this process will still take some years until Scotland has totally devolved from the UK. In that interim period they will neither have the support of England nor that of the EU.

You can forget England buying expensive offshore oil, its cheaper from elsewhere. Same goes for gas which England can buy from overseas via the interconnector.

If Scotland votes for independence it will be a bit like turkeys voting for Xmas.  Mind you Nicola Sturgeon does show similar traits IMO

Didn't Blair have the border at the N. Sea altered, in case independence happened?

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk