webfact

Pattaya - Hua Hin Ferry 50% - 60% full in first month

122 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Didn't think that you had been on it!  So why suggest that nonsense about the life vests when there is no connection and certainly no comparison between the Koh Larn ferries and the Hua Hin ferry?

Err... because they depart from the same pier?, Which is has been a cluster-<deleted> since day one of its existence?

I was there 2 months after the pier opened & some guy got electrocuted & died. Vely professional people indeed.

I'm terrified of any Thai mass transport.

Mayhaps this new ferry does have brand new life jackets?

Give it a year & they'll be rotten pieces of junk.

Once again I'll wish the best of luck to the operators and passengers, and if you like the service, then "Move out & draw Fire...Sir".

Not saying it's doomed, just saying that I think it's a Titanic waiting to happen.

It's not much different from your average mini-van or bus ride.

Edited by jaywalker

Still not sure why people so desperately want to see this ferry fail? Good news that it has already outlived many TV members predictions of never getting off the ground. From some of the reactions on TV you would think every time the ferry sailed kittens dropped dead or something.

I guess some people can't afford it so they hope nobody can use it.

2 people like this

Off topic vid of the Hindenburg disaster removed.

1 person likes this

Didn't think that you had been on it!  So why suggest that nonsense about the life vests when there is no connection and certainly no comparison between the Koh Larn ferries and the Hua Hin ferry?

Why dont you go check it out yourself , take a ferry trip to HH and give us a positive story for a change ?

Still not sure why people so desperately want to see this ferry fail? Good news that it has already outlived many TV members predictions of never getting off the ground. From some of the reactions on TV you would think every time the ferry sailed kittens dropped dead or something.

I guess some people can't afford it so they hope nobody can use it.

I don't think anyone wants it to fail ,but it will ,parked eventually next to the Submarines,Dredgers,Aircraft Carrier, and all the other good ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just now, Ace of Pop said:

I don't think anyone wants it to fail ,but it will ,parked eventually next to the Submarines,Dredgers,Aircraft Carrier, and all the other good ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Seems to be on schedule for now. It can just break even and it is another service for anybody to use. People predicted it wouldn't get this far, yet it has. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, balo said:

Why dont you go check it out yourself , take a ferry trip to HH and give us a positive story for a change ?

Don't need to, I'm not the one slagging it off with no evidence whatsoever to justify the denigration.

This OP started out as a positive story but was derailed by almost every poster until it became a negative story so what would be the point of my giving a rational trip report?   The usual Thai bashers would just start a new rant.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

People can't see the accounts,so it's all speculation

Absolutely spot on.  The company announced it was a success so far in the OP and every single Thaivisa poster who is saying that it isn't, can't be and won't be a success is speculating as per usual.  A handful of them are even suggesting that their speculation carries some weight which, by definition, it can't do!

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Off topic vid of the Hindenburg disaster removed.

LOL........

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

I took the ferry on Tuesday and had a very good experience.   There weren't a lot of people; I think there were around 40 in the lower deck.   The business class section, seemed like it had quite a few.   The sea was calm and the boat departed on time and arrived exactly on time in HH.  

They have airport-style security, with luggage being X-rayed and passengers going through a metal detector which I think a lot of people were not expecting and this made the boarding process a little slow because a fair amount of luggage ended up having to be opened and checked.   It's not as extreme as airport security.  

I think that if the ferry had been full, without advanced notice of the screening procedures, it would have been slow going.  

That said, it was a nice trip, beverages were served and it made for getting to a meeting one heck of a lot nicer that dealing with the roads, traffic and drivers.  

It sounds like they are discriminating against criminals with contraband

in their luggage... 

But seriously why all the high security? For what purpose?

I have never had a big security check on any in-country ferry or boat any where..

Is a ferry really different from a bus? Or a train?

Is not the Koh larn ferry a ferry also?

I have no idea why they have the security.   Maybe because it's new?   They weren't taking anything away from anyone, but they were checking things carefully.  

The security is something that just needs to be advertised a little more so that people are prepared.  

We were all boarded in good time, but if that ferry was full and the security at the speed that it was, I suspect we would have been delayed.  

1 person likes this

Yet another interesting topic 'destroyed' by the antics of some moronic, anally-retentive posters.

Might I suggest that some posters take their daily medication before posting.  Perhaps even better would be if they didn't post at all :)

at those prices give it a year and it will be history.

I bet Red Label whiskey had that same mentality when they decided to import into Thailand.

ID: 116   Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

I bet Red Label whiskey had that same mentality when they decided to import into Thailand.

ok lets see if you are still singing the same tune in a years time

Edited by catman20

11 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

People seem to always have money for alcohol drugs and hookers..

But can be pretty cheap when it comes to transportation...

Just now, fforest1 said:

good point:burp:

1 person likes this

I don't think there are enough people "curious about Hua Hin" to make it worth while.  If someone has a meeting or purpose, ok. But, most don't.  Why then go there?,  for the beach and eat?  You can do that in Pats.

Hua Hin seems to me to be pretty boring and full of over priced hotels.  I don't see enough future demand from Pattaya to keep this ferry afloat.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I don't see enough future demand from Pattaya to keep this ferry afloat.

Unless the Thais start using it and we get normal fares that everyone can afford. I am waiting for that to happen . 500-600 baht would be ok. 

1 person likes this

Where Thailand could help their tourist attendance is to have more destination/attraction spots.  Like Asiatique in Bangkok, but more of a daytime destination attraction place and larger.  

If Hua Hin or even Pattaya had a place like that was on the water, walking friendly, had a few rides. restaurants, maybe an aquarium, etc, more people might come to spend the day.  

15 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Well yeah they think in terms of how many bar fines a round trip ferry ticket would cost. The other thing is they also realize there Aren't as many bar girls in HH and can't justify the trip.

1 person likes this