Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Fire rips through Walking Street bar

70 posts in this topic

ID: 27   Posted (edited)

Whoever did the electrical work should be fired.

 

<groan>

Edited by uchibenkei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a normal lawful society, PEA would be responsible for all losses, so insurance not matter to the bar. So who knows what will happen here? I wonder if seafood place next door will have a special on smoked salmon.... "smoked on the premises" too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the power authority is responsible for the fire and should pay for damages

 

Lets see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I'm glad it went off during the day.  I do not suspect it would have been as 'harmless' if it was happening during night time when busy (full of people to evacuate AND the streets would be too busy with people evacuating to get the fire trucks through in a timely manner).

 

Second, it's sad to see one of the non-girly places go.  One less option for those who are there looking for just good musical entertainment.

 

Third: Maybe I'll skip out on New Year's Eve in Pattaya when they do go all out with the power.. Happy Zone could turn into Fire Zone and then Dead Zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years back I was on Walking St. & hear/noticed a sound like somebody welding.

 

There was a power pole with wires that were arcing a big blue flame about 3 - 4 inches across.

 

This was far South end of WS, so I made my way up to the police table at the North end to tell the cops.

 

Young cop there spoke perfect English & told me not to worry about it, as it always does that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Good opportunity for some " hot girls ! " puns !!
On your marks!

Seriously though, I hope nobody was hurt or killed.

Do you see how small those "Thai Hoses " were. No wonder that Western men with larger equipment can "Put out The Fire" a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good that nobody was hurt, and that the owner or manager had time to get out.
 

It´s right! It´s sad! It was a good place! Let´s hope it´s coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have time till August to rebuild it.

Hurry up, guys !! I wanna sip my Singha and listen to the music again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

.'Fireman said they had the blaze under control in thirty minutes but there was considerable damage done to the property and its contents.'

 

No kidding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Wonder if this building passed any fire inspections (if there is such a thing)

rhetorical question.. but I see where you're coming from..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here u go cables outside and in such busy place. Facepalm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NVass said:

I was in there last Saturday and the power went out. When the PEA turned up to fix it an hour later i watched them bypass the fuses on the pole outside by bolting the the wires together it was obviously a serious problem so mo surprise it went up in smoke a few days later!

" bypass the fuses" The definition of criminal negligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 41   Posted (edited)

till last june 15th 2016 it was a gogo called casnovy that had been there 9 years.

it opened after a total demolish/rebuild at the start of sept 2016 as rock street by blue sky, a live music venue.

checking my photo archives the transformer in the street outside was not re-newed at that time and i have no idea how long it had been in use

Edited by striderman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres cause

Squirrel did it

a708742fc1f4369ae7706f98afcc3a5a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what was inside that building to make it burn so fiercely it was like a gas station going up

kind of suspicious to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you see how small those "Thai Hoses " were. No wonder that Western men with larger equipment can "Put out The Fire" a lot better.

6ae93497d7e5aa28aa9ed88c33c9f0ea.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Wonder if this building passed any fire inspections (if there is such a thing)

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

If you knew the history of these buildings that were built illegally, one sure thing no one with an interest in safety ever inspected the plans or the construction, so I suppose they were never added to City Halls schedule of buildings to inspect.

 

Some of them have fire escapes at the back (if not chained and padlocked as I have witnessed myself), but I have never seen any Mae West's for none swimmers.

 

2 hours ago, oldgent said:

what was inside that building to make it burn so fiercely it was like a gas station going up

kind of suspicious to me.

Maybe one of the rare bars in Pattaya to have undiluted spirits, plenty of none fire retardant wood and furniture, rubbish dumped in every nook and cranny  ...and swept under every bench, etc, need I say anymore...

 

9 hours ago, NVass said:

I was in there last Saturday and the power went out. When the PEA turned up to fix it an hour later i watched them bypass the fuses on the pole outside by bolting the the wires together it was obviously a serious problem so mo surprise it went up in smoke a few days later!

Bypassing a fuse, well if a proper fire forensic examination is carried out the evidence will be very easy to spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably contain PCB's and I do not mean Printed Circuit Boards.

 

Very Toxic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice that now walkingstreet will offer some seaviews for the pedestrians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

went by tonight. all power to walking st back up and running.

rock st/blue sky shut with fire damage with seat of the blaze as far as i could see at the front/outside of the building which now has replaced concrete power poles and new transformer.

small thai shop between it and skyfall also shut/damaged.

skyfall gogo shut/damaged.

otherwise walking st business as usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lammbock said:

This was not a aGoGo Bar. It was a live Music Rock bar kind of place. Very nice. But now it's gone.

Last year pretty sure it was Casnovy bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 27 March 2017 05:54
Sponsors
  • Popular Now