Negita43

How much cash can you take out of the country?

18 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I am sure someone will point me to the correct one if not.

 

I may need to make a prolonged trip to Europe (2 - 3 months).

 

Any one know how much money in EUROS am I allowed to take out of Thailand, or can point me to a link to find out?

 

Thanks

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Form customs website. http://en.customs.go.th/content.php?ini_content=departing_from_thailand&lang=en&left_menu=menu_departing_from_thailand

Quote
The travelers bringing foreign currency more than USD 20,000 or its equivalent into or out of Thailand are required to make a report to Customs. This report is required by the Ministerial Regulation (No. 25) B.E. 2530 issued under the Authority of the Currency Exchange Control Act B.E. 2485 and relevant regulations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ubonjoe

 

Went to the web page and read it

 

Did you see this at the bottom?

 

WARNING: The information in this website is intended as a general guideline only and subject to changes without prior notice. It does not in any way replace or supersede Customs and related laws or regulations. Before relying on the information on the Website, users should independently verify its accuracy, completeness and relevance for their purposes.
 
This is Thailand!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For latest information and assistance ask at the bank where you withdraw the Euros. Or if you buy traveller's checks, ask there. They'll have the latest information and will be delighted to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually you can bring as much as you like, but you must declare anything over $20,000usd including what you may have in your pocket at the time. You should also review the limits for declaration in your arrival country as well. If your money was legitimately earned you have no worries, possibly bring along some proof of income.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, p_brownstone said:

 

Ridiculous comment. "This is Thailand".

 

Absolute nonsense.

 

It's "Boiler Plate" wording you will find appended to almost any similar Website - for their own protection; it's for guidance only, written and up to date at the the time of their Posting -  it's entirely your responsibility to re-check and update the information provided as and when you want to use it.

 

Patrick

 

 

Totally reasonable comment since most if what you are told by officials is wrong or incomplete to a vastly greater degree than most Western countries where the OP probably came from. And he was asking for up to date information given the exclusion clause on the website which you tell him to do. Perhaps someone in here has recent experience. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You decide for yourself how much you want to take out, don't let anybody else decide for you, so you may be taking a chance by taking out too much and getting caught, but what is the odds on that. If you are not prepared to take chances in life you may as well not bother getting out of bed in the morning.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Doesnt anybody look for themselves anymore on the internet. Most have smart phones is it just lazyness or stupidity

Efficiency.

 

They get somebody else to do it for them, so they can relax in the armchair swigging a beer.

 

It is a win-win situation.

 

The "managers" get an answer and the "helpfuls" derive satisfaction by demonstrating knowledge and helping someone else they think is less capable. Little do they realise they have been working for free.

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I presume you have a bank A/C here. Just get an International ATM card from your bank.

Would not carry that amount of cash on me for obvious reasons.

The transfer fees are better than having it stolen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 13   Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe

 

Went to the web page and read it

 

Did you see this at the bottom?

 

WARNING: The information in this website is intended as a general guideline only and subject to changes without prior notice. It does not in any way replace or supersede Customs and related laws or regulations. Before relying on the information on the Website, users should independently verify its accuracy, completeness and relevance for their purposes.
 
This is Thailand!!

But keep in mind that the free allowed cash no declaration is only 9999 € entering Europe (lower than the allowed 20 000$ value taking out of Thailand )

Starting 10000€ need declaring it by arrival Europe ...(10 000 a person if travelling with more..:smile:...but must kept separate carrying it ..!!!! )

Sometimes people are confused by the 20 000$ and the 10 000 €

Edited by david555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, natway09 said:

I presume you have a bank A/C here. Just get an International ATM card from your bank.

Would not carry that amount of cash on me for obvious reasons.

The transfer fees are better than having it stolen

Yes, local bank acct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend who frequently takes money from Thailand never exceeds the 20,000 USD amount. He says the paperwork/explanations for taking more money is onerous.

 

And as reported above 10K Euros is max to bring into Europe including the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kokopelli said:

A friend who frequently takes money from Thailand never exceeds the 20,000 USD amount. He says the paperwork/explanations for taking more money is onerous.

 

And as reported above 10K Euros is max to bring into Europe including the UK.

sorry  it is 9999 that 1 euro more give them the possibility to fine and fry you ....:sad:, if reading good the rule it say FROM 10 000 Euro or more you must report ..... so take care ,even your small coins are counted in to it or even money paper....and to be sure keep the ATM slips or any bank paper from the witdraw from account , they could ask when the sniffer dogs brigade is around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all your constructive answers.

 

2 points

 

1. I thought that's what forums were for so that members could help other members with their existing knowledge and links.

 

2. With regards to the Euros I actually had the Euros in an existing Euro account in Thailand and now surplus to requirements here (bought over to build a house). Asked the bank to do an international transfer back to my Euro account in UK using my Swift Code AND IBAN - They COULDN'T DO IT!!!! Only way to get the money in Euros was for them to give me cash (and they charged me for it) - NOT my preferred solution but then PATRICK - THIS IS THAILAND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks for all your constructive answers.

 

2 points

 

1. I thought that's what forums were for so that members could help other members with their existing knowledge and links.

 

2. With regards to the Euros I actually had the Euros in an existing Euro account in Thailand and now surplus to requirements here (bought over to build a house). Asked the bank to do an international transfer back to my Euro account in UK using my Swift Code AND IBAN - They COULDN'T DO IT!!!! Only way to get the money in Euros was for them to give me cash (and they charged me for it) - NOT my preferred solution but then PATRICK - THIS IS THAILAND

2) ....? did you not had a proof (F.E.T. form , old name tor tor sam ..??) the proof of bringing in the money from abroad to buy property ....or was the reason that normally foreigner can not own a house ..!! ? As for buying a condo in your own   foreigner name , and selling it after you normally can take /transfer this out with the proof from Registration office paid tax , showing all + F.E.t. form to the bank ..

If all clear documented you can take it cash out , or others few flights up and return under the limit ..., also Thai bankcards work also for taking some in Europe ATM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 28 March 2017 03:31
Sponsors