snoop1130

Queen formally approves law giving UK PM May power to trigger EU exit talks

68 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Gina Miller and Bob Geldof, Tony Blair, Michael Heseltine, John Major and the likes are the ones causing the anger and they are certainly not my friends. Trying to stop the government from starting Brexit is what they have been doing so and that is the problem.

As for the UK, every time I go back I see many problems over the last 15 years, so way before Brexit and I would put a lot of it down to the EU's immigration policy. Thank Merkel for that. Things that are getting dumbed down is down to the EU.  As for making the right decision I have no problem what happens. The UK governing itself is what is important and not Brussels bullying dictatorship. Junker et al are proving just how they operate and luckily the British people can see it too.

Gina Miller tried to stop Brexit ?? Really - and you have actual proof of this ? She might have delayed it with a court case, but then so did HMG when they appealed the ruling.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Humberstone said:

Gina Miller tried to stop Brexit ?? Really - and you have actual proof of this ? She might have delayed it with a court case, but then so did HMG when they appealed the ruling.

She tried and failed and was still trying to stop the government triggering article 50. She plays the victim very well, because of her trying to prevent the government from triggering article 50, she can't take public transport. Oh dear I doubt she ever did in the first place.

1 person likes this

Yesterday was interesting, all the EU and Globalist mouth-pieces appeared on the News. Looks like they are going to demand a second referendum on rejoining the EU. 

7 minutes ago, stander said:

Yesterday was interesting, all the EU and Globalist mouth-pieces appeared on the News. Looks like they are going to demand a second referendum on rejoining the EU. 

Yes you are right the gravy train EU brigade won't want their gold plated pensions and earners going for ever. Whatever happens in leaving the EU I hope people don't fall for it. Just what Juncker stated today.  Treat the UK harshly and the people will never forgive you.

Giving a flavour of the mood, Mr Juncker told Germany’s Bild am Sonntag newspaper that Britain needed to get used to the idea that it will no longer be seen as an equal partner with the EU but as an outsider, or a “third country” in Brussels jargon.

“The UK will need to prepare itself to be treated as a third country,” he said.

Mr Juncker told the newspaper that none of the other 27 remaining countries would ever consider leaving the EU when they see how harshly Britain will be treated in negotiations.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Gina Miller and Bob Geldof, Tony Blair, Michael Heseltine, John Major and the likes are the ones causing the anger and they are certainly not my friends. Trying to stop the government from starting Brexit is what they have been doing so and that is the problem.

As for the UK, every time I go back I see many problems over the last 15 years, so way before Brexit and I would put a lot of it down to the EU's immigration policy. Thank Merkel for that. Things that are getting dumbed down is down to the EU.  As for making the right decision I have no problem what happens. The UK governing itself is what is important and not Brussels bullying dictatorship. Junker et al are proving just how they operate and luckily the British people can see it too.

You have failed to grasp ANY of the points that I and others have been making on here.

Like many others, you will not listen to any other opinions

If you watch the documentaries I posted, you would see the likely cause of whats happened since Thatcher came to power. 

So, just get on with it and stop expecting others to swallow all the anti EU guff as you clearly have

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So, just get on with it and stop expecting others to swallow all the anti EU guff as you clearly have

I don't expect anyone to swallow anything. You don't seem to like it when things are pointed out to you. Yes I am in agreement with you. Lets just get on with it.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I don't expect anyone to swallow anything. You don't seem to like it when things are pointed out to you. Yes I am in agreement with you. Lets just get on with it.

Great, so quit criticizing the thinkers who don't happen to agree with you

Its pointless discussing anything with you because you never accept ANY point that goes against your beloved Brexit.

On 17/03/2017 at 4:00 AM, Cats4ever said:

This would have been a story if Her Maj had NOT approved the law. It is a formality for the queen or her appointed rep in monarchical outposts, to approve.

It has been 300 years since royal assent was refused...

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

No further questions, your honour. I rest my case!

Welcome to the club others have enjoyed since 23 June :smile:

As a born again Yorkshireman what were your views on HMG (Maggie) v Scargill?

1 hour ago, stander said:

We haven't left,.... yet!

41 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You have failed to grasp ANY of the points that I and others have been making on here.

Like many others, you will not listen to any other opinions

If you watch the documentaries I posted, you would see the likely cause of whats happened since Thatcher came to power. 

In which case lets start by auditing their books...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, stander said:

Seems a bit pointless as all the 'avenues' have been exhausted?

2 hours ago, Humberstone said:

She tried and failed and was still trying to stop the government triggering article 50. She plays the victim very well, because of her trying to prevent the government from triggering article 50, she can't take public transport. Oh dear I doubt she ever did in the first place.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-legal-idUKKCN10119V

This is from last July, before the lawyers and PR people told her to tone it down a bit.

1 person likes this

ID: 40   Posted (edited)

Gina Miller merely corrected a gaping hole left open by Cameron who failed to grasp what he was unleashing & therefore didn't check the small print. The 'out' camp have no beef with her.

Edited by evadgib
1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-legal-idUKKCN10119V

This is from last July, before the lawyers and PR people told her to tone it down a bit.

Yes a vile woman. It seems pointless debating with some people like you have suggested. Apparently she is one of the 'thinkers' My sides are splitting at that one.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes a vile woman. It seems pointless debating with some people like you have suggested. Apparently she is one of the 'thinkers' My sides are splitting at that one.

Why's she a 'vile woman' ?

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

To be fair she is a 'thinker' - albeit only for her own personal interests.

ID: 46   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Welcome to the club others have enjoyed since 23 June :smile:

As a born again Yorkshireman what were your views on HMG (Maggie) v Scargill?

I won't discuss legalities as I am not a lawyer.

Coal mining was becoming uneconomic. No doubt the industry needed to be run down over time. Thatcher took advice from Minford (monetarism) and Buchanan (game theory) so there was no consideration of social responsibility or the effect on society. The resulting huge unemployment ate up our North Sea oil bonanza for nothing. What she should have done was to invest in technology such as microelectronics, computers and robotics and offered retraining. Unions in France and Germany are much stronger and those countries have much greater benefits. So to answer your question, yes, mining had to go. However, the way it was done was disastrous. In fact one could not possibly have done it worse.

What do you mean born again? I was born in Middlesbrough by C section due to the size of my head 🙂

Edited by Grouse
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

In which case lets start by auditing their books...

No, let's start by you getting your facts straight. Look at the audit results now. Do you know what qualifi d means?

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Its going to come as a horrible shock to you to learn that some of us that are not remainers are "thinkers".

Similarly, many of those who voted remain weren't "thinkers" - they just thought they were OK and should follow the 'experts' advice - shock, horror :shock1: :lol:!

Those of us in the 'middle' (with leanings for different reasons towards either side) realise that the EU had good points and bad points - but no inclination to address the bad points..... and they're still not showing any indication of realising and addressing the bad points!

Anyway, as far as I can make out there are no further obstacles to enacting Article 50, and it needs to be done NOW as the uncertainty following the referendum has stabilised.

You've been sitting on the fence for so long you must have a sore ar*e!

Why is May proceeding immediately? Such leadership! Such statesmanship! Pah!

ID: 49   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is a truism that stupid people don't realise they're stupid.

Gina Millar is clearly very bright and highly educated and intelligent and successful. Stupid people don't realise that she was standing up for parliamentary democracy.

I'll bet she has a substantially higher IQ than you 😉 Which, of course, is why you despise her!

Edited by Grouse
2 people like this

ID: 50   Posted (edited)

Because she has tried to overturn what 17 million plus people voted for. She is not a politician and doesn't represent anyone, except herself. She plays the racist and victim card and has tried to say people didn't know what they voted for.

Utter tosh! Read the cases she brought. You just have no idea. 

I keep getting that picture of mass swarming orcs again...nasty.

Edited by Grouse