webfact

Discovery Channel adventurer calls for justice for his Thai wife

225 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

Think about the Thai culture for a second. They feed about a million soi dogs each day. They won't kill a mosquito if they are in a temple. If the 70 million Thai's people thought she was innocent. They would all be supporting her; not only a few 1000 or so. It is only the Farang , because of the White husband.

My Thai friend tells me 390,000 have signed the on-line protest and are demanding the Thai Government do something I have no idea if this will make any difference but we can only hope so 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, jonclark said:

0.2g hardly makes her a drugs mule. 

Drugs and the abuse and consumption of drugs (like alcohol prescription meds and tobacco) is a social not criminal issue.

Locking someone up for 15 years for 0.2grams of a substance is utter nonsense. Will this sentence deter other who want to take drugs. Abosoluty not! That much is obvious as ice/yaba and other drug user are continually flooding prisions most being repeat offenders. 

Society needs to lool at the issue through a different filter. 

Feel very sorry for this young family.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

I still remember her posted on a giant billboard on the Asoke-Sukhuvit rd 15 or so years ago, since than she has lived in a tumultuous times with many ups and downs in her life and career and to end up in jail as a drug mule, Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

:cheesy:Drugmule with 251/1000 gram/251 mg =1/4 gram

1 person likes this

5 milligrams.... it is quite know that over 90% of US dollars bills (pounds and other currencies too) are contaminated with cocain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contaminated_currency

" Results demonstrated that "92% of the bills were positive for cocaine with a mean amount of 28.75+/-139.07 micrograms per bill "

Let's say 75 micrograms per bill = you just need 7 bills in your wallet to be sent for 15 years to jail

1 person likes this

If they were being paid for promoting Coke (the Coca Cola variety) I have a feeling that deal just went south.

coke.jpg

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

She looks a lot like my wife too is one reason.

They could pass as twin sisters.

IMG_1679a.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The 70 million Thai people are like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed sh&t.

If they say anything then the thugs w/ guns and badges will be banging on their door.

555 yes you are 100 % correct. Not ! If they want to say something, they talk through Facebook.

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Sounds like a case for Drummond.

I thought he finally left the country. Tell me I'm not wrong, please.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Read the Thai press and you will find tales of injustice at the hands of influential people every single day, often accompanied by a blurred photo of a body lying on the pavement with a trail of blood running from it.

Makes me feel homesick for Chicago (or New York or LA or ...)

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

This post perfectly displays why you do not understand what is happening here.

You have transferred your concept of society, government institutions and social norms from the West and applied it lock, stock and barrel to a completely different society. It doesn't work.

Thais are very well aware of the dangers of coming into conflict with senior police, high-level civil servants, top military and local politicians. Their "status radar" is permanently switched on and it affects each and every interaction with others.

Read the Thai press and you will find tales of injustice at the hands of influential people every single day, often accompanied by a blurred photo of a body lying on the pavement with a trail of blood running from it.

Do you think the Thais do not fully understand what happens here on a regular basis? And yet mass protests against the inequities in society are few. This is not the West where street protests are common and often can bring about change. The people who are creating injustice here are the same people who decide who is set up and sent to prison and who can buy themselves out of trouble, what the law is and who it is applied to. There are no checks and balances. It is dangerous to protest and the vast majority of Thais just want to keep under the radar, pay the rent and feed their families.

You do not understand the nature of this society and the level of inequality.

I have lived and worked in Thailand for over 15 years. So I understand; but do not agree with your Post.

I guess you have never heard of Facebook ? If the Thai people were upset or they thought what happened to this girls, was not right. It would be all over Facebook. And if you have a wife, Girlfriend, or male partner( don't get upset, some people are gay) you would have heard about it.

5 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

555 yes you are 100 % correct. Not ! If they want to say something, they talk through Facebook.

Not sure which light you got blinded by, but they've been hauling folks off to jail the last several years for any and everything said that's in the least bit disparaging about the government.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

I thought he finally left the country. Tell me I'm not wrong, please.

That hasn't stopped him although he can be a little slow these days.

Bangkok Post, gets money from the Discovery Channel; to advertise; so cannot believe this paper. 

"Blindedbythelight" - you really do have a most apt user name!
2 people like this

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Just a little adventurous boy having a tv-show, that believes his small fame can stand above the law. Just bit on it and suck it up. You wife made a choise that left you with the children.
You just should have known who you married from start.

I think that she got off light here in Asia.Years ago this could have been the death sentence in some countries and a minimum of 25 years in others.

1 minute ago, jaywalker said:

Not sure which light you got blinded by, but they've been hauling folks off to jail the last several years for any and everything said that's in the least bit disparaging about the government.

It did not say Government Person. They were more referring to a Mafia type of person, I believe.

Anyway, thanks for the back and forth.

We agree to disagree.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, JAG said:

"Blindedbythelight" - you really do have a most apt user name!

Same Same :)

12 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

Neither one of them are overly good looking.You could have done better I am sure.

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

That hasn't stopped him although he can be a little slow these days.

I always thought he was a little something that I can't say or this post would be deleted.

Just now, Blindedbythelight said:

It did not say Government Person. They were more referring to a Mafia type of person, I believe.

Anyway, thanks for the back and forth.

We agree to disagree.

Cheers.

Cheers Mate.

I fail to see your point though, whether it be mafia or government (which are one and the same BTW) that tossed this lady in the slammer, it's still wrong.

2 people like this

...the court of media justice does not work.. you get just  us...  Need to work on that VIP who you PO.... that is a start..

6 hours ago, Elkski said:

How many of these guys saying her 15 years was a just punishment use prostitutes or even underage?

Please explain exactly how using prostitutes has any bearing whatsoever on the level of her sentence or anything else in this particular case ??????? 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

A whole .25 of a gram and it seems it was planted- the stupidity if anywhere' was upsetting 'influential' people. There was barely a trace of the drug and it got her 15 years.

Would have been simple to dope test her at the time- non in her system would have been a significant factor in her defence. 

I am not condoning the use of coke but this case stinks to high heaven.

Please keep up several posters (including me) have pointed out she ASKED for a dope test and was REFUSED. Her home was SEARCHED and no drugs found only evidence of her rescuing wildlife so they decided to prosecute her for that too!  She got an extra 3 months.  God knows how she will get through another 13.5 years in prison with 40 women sharing one cell. 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Amras said:

I feel the same. As much as I love Thailand, the upper echelon's of its society make me angry. Add to that the posters here who jump on the bandwagon all in the name of 'x'. Disgusting.

the "people" on this forum dont live in the real world.  most have never even seen cocaine much less tried it.  they cant read between the lines of a so-called journalistic piece.  I honestly think that some of these people just look at the screen all day waiting for a new topic to come up so they can be first to reply and then see there name on the screen and maybe get some likes. wow.

this forum is for our amusement at how naive and just plain stupid some expats or tourists can be, with a little bit of good info thrown in.

1 person likes this