Rimmer

Pattaya slowly cleaning up spaghetti wiring mess

38 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Or run a new cable for every new connection instead of figuring out which is your (company) cable and connecting to that.  Surely if every new company did that it would come down to one cable per cable  TV company.

Also, I do not have cable but from comments on this forum, it appears that some companies are apparently closing their service down which means there shoud be some redundant cables there already anyway

One of the things that promted my comment on redundant wires comes from seeing one of the local roads being widened and the concrete poles being moved. Prior to moving there must have been more than 30 or 40 wires. Now the poles have maybe 9 or 10 wires and the rest have gone?????

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Philthyphil said:

Further down a bit they may have done just that. Or maybe the litter has grown over the top of them.

It is hard to say.

but I think you maybe onto something.

image.jpeg

Is that the nature all the tourists come for?

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

What does it look like after the tangles etc., have been fixed? 

-Is the wiring still visible above ground but less tangled?

-Has it gone underground?

On 17/03/2017 at 3:03 PM, fish monger said:

All of you that have posted photos of he wires and trash are only destroying the 'image' of Pattaya and Thailand in general...! What is wrong with you people...?   (SARC)

Telling it as it is and not as TAT want to tell tourists who spend loads getting here only to be disappointed with the truth< best go to Norway then

On 3/17/2017 at 11:30 AM, wakeupplease said:

Something Mr Gates said a few months ago  maybe, O how some hate publicity???

I am sure he is lying awake at night worrying about the defamation suiting that will be pending soon. 

On 3/20/2017 at 3:31 PM, uchibenkei said:

Who says tourists are coming, or ever came, for nature?

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, champers said:

Credit where credit is due. No-one seems to have been injured or worse during the course of this very dangerous type of work. I hope it stays that way.

No reported injuries u mean

On 3/17/2017 at 7:18 PM, elgordo38 said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to run the wires under the garbage??? just asking. 

great idea!!! the garbage piles are permanent anyway and it would save alot of taxpayer money by not going underground!

1 person likes this

On 3/17/2017 at 5:51 PM, Philthyphil said:

They are supposed to remove the old cables when replacing them. BUt never do. When I changed cable tv companies  when they came inside to install the box, I asked them if they were going to remove the old cable. They said they wouldn't because it wasn't their wire. 

So there is the continuing never ending problem.

They tidy them up often but new ones go up everyday.

Some sois are ok though. It looks like they have  Soi 9 theprasit all sorted.image.jpeg under control.

looks good to me as long as one doesn't scroll down to see the bigger picture...by the way, what part of Syria is this?

2 people like this

progress of the beautification efforts

:cheesy: times a million.

I say that as someone that loves Pattaya, and wish they'd stop messing it up all the time, trying to make it something it's never going to be. Can't make a silk purse etc.

they are not messing it up..it's attitude and in the culture of many(not all)to do messy work, cheap  workmanship, corruption, total disrespect to regulations, mom&pop kiosks blocking  store fronts, blocking mall fronts, block almost all sidewalks with "stuff", wires hanging, path holes unfixed, litter everywhere, sewer everywhere...The city didn't stink in 90s..it does now24/7

On 3/20/2017 at 4:31 PM, uchibenkei said:

Not to worry!! most of this stuff will decompose oooo about 500 years except the bottles! they take about 1000!