webfact

14 arrests of "influential foreign criminals" in Pattaya

85 posts in this topic

Who gets to decide who are the criminals in any given location in Thailand? The whole exercise seems too "staged" for me to take allegations detailed above seriously. I don't know why the media seems so eager to take anything the RTP says as gospel truth. International organisations with some credibility have labelled the RTP the "biggest criminal organisation in Thailand" in the recent past, yet here we find the media blithely repeating any claims about citizen/visitor residents an RTP spokesman cares to make, without any supporting evidence. Too much Playskool Cops, but people apparently want to swallow it all.

On 3/21/2017 at 6:04 AM, Get Real said:

That´s a good sign! Pattaya has since long time been a place for the foreigners criminal activities in Thailand.

Nice to hear that you have a positive side to see things. If you do not see drugs and other criminal activities as an enough bad and a big problem, I do believe that there are others here that will. Maybe it was just that they didn´t follow your line in what was most important first!

Some people are never happy :stoner:

1 person likes this

14?????????????????????  I think thats a typing error---- I can only see 4 !!!! I would have thought they would have been only too happy and willing to parade in the usual way all the 14 HaHa

6 hours ago, sandemara said:

Who gets to decide who are the criminals in any given location in Thailand? The whole exercise seems too "staged" for me to take allegations detailed above seriously. I don't know why the media seems so eager to take anything the RTP says as gospel truth. International organisations with some credibility have labelled the RTP the "biggest criminal organisation in Thailand" in the recent past, yet here we find the media blithely repeating any claims about citizen/visitor residents an RTP spokesman cares to make, without any supporting evidence. Too much Playskool Cops, but people apparently want to swallow it all.

6 hours ago, sandemara said:

Allow me to refresh your memory.

The group included 6 Russians several of whom were wanted on Interpol red notices or by police in Russia for involvement in narcotics and illegal money transactions.

Edited by JamJar
1 person likes this

Why do the police allow them to were the mask over their faces why shouldn't we be allowed to see their faces????

The police are not arresting anyone,  although it looks that way and or reported as such by the media...... rather all those guys are there for a job interview to determine if they can be worthy business associates and work closely with the police and share the revenues and make plans about ways to generate more revenue together.

What..?......None of you people recognise a business meeting when you see one....lol

Cheers

ID: 85   Posted (edited)

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 8:44 PM, 6thST said:

Why do the police allow them to were the mask over their faces why shouldn't we be allowed to see their faces????

Could be.......They all have bad breath...????

Edited by gemguy