webfact

Dead squirrel blamed for messing up the beach in Pattaya!

61 posts in this topic

 
Why trying to wipe them out? Just curious.
 
I spent some time in Georgia, (USA) & my neighbor put "flashing" (metal sheets) on his pecan tree trunks to keep the squirrels off his nuts, so to speak.
 
The squirrels were hilarious bouncing off it.
 
I had a little tiny dog, that would chase anything, weighed about 10 lbs & managed to kill one.
 
I hold no grudges against the tree rats, but it was a year before one dared venture into my back yard again.

Because they are illegal immigrants from the USA

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/10705527/History-of-grey-squirrels-in-UK.html

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...So then...... a very  important piece of pumping equipment...that when it malfunctions  pollutes a popular tourist beach for a "while"...has no automatic signalling device linked to a control room or servicemans beeper/cellphone to warn of a malfunction/stoppage...so that quick remedial action/repairs can be undertaken......???...or did the squirrel cause that to malfunction as well......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No its cheaper to wait until the tourists post photos of dirty beaches on social media than to install and maintain the warning system. Or in other words the tourist are the (free) warning system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 56   Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So the fuse box was left unlocked for any person or animal to enter? :shock1: Very professional.

Not sure where you got that from, the picture above may well just be a stock item.

I can't read the Thai article to be sure but a squirrel could cause a high voltage trip out just by crossing wires which aren't insulated. This happened in my area but it was a snake and resulted in loss of a phase.

Seems as though the sewage system fails to over spill into the sea!

 

Edited by jacko45k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure where you got that from, the picture above may well just be a stock item.

I can't read the Thai article to be sure but a squirrel could cause a high voltage trip out just by crossing wires which aren't insulated. This happened in my area but it was a snake and resulted in loss of a phase.

Seems as though the sewage system fails to over spill into the sea!

 

Whichever way, the box was left unlocked and the squirrel could get in, or there were uninsulated (bare) wires left. Neither is good, or professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Whichever way, the box was left unlocked and the squirrel could get in, or there were uninsulated (bare) wires left. Neither is good, or professional.

The high voltage wires which feed to a transformer are not insulated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2017 at 10:48 AM, smedly said:

you do realise that rat tastes very like chicken according stuff I have read

 

More like pheasant in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic posts removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 March 2017 12:48
Sponsors
  • Popular Now