Requirements for non immigrant visa:
A foreigner applies for a non-immigrant visa when he/she wants to stay or work in Thailand. This visa has several categories:
INVESTOR VISAS. This is a new category of visa with issuance controlled by the Board of Investment. This visa can carry a residence permit for applicant and immediate family if a specified amount of capital is brought into Thailand for investment.Direct Investment:Applicable by aliens who bring into Thailand not less than Baht 10 million for investment in a new project which benefits the country’s economy or a project subject to the approval and conditions set forth by the Committee for Granting Permanent Residence; or
Investment in Securities:Applicable to aliens who bring into Thailand money to buy special-type bonds prescribed by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand. Persons granted visas must not transfer or redeem the bonds for a period of 10 years.
• Investor Baht 8 million
• Spouse Baht 6 million
• Per minor, unmarried child Baht 2 million
Normally, a 90 days non-immigrant visa can be applied for from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in your own country.
However, if foreigners wish to stay in Thailand for one year, two options are available:
1. You (the foreigner) can submit an application for a non-immigrant visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate outside Thailand then sent to the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.
2. Companies in Thailand wishing to employ a foreigner must submit an application to the Immigration Bureau.
For the Bangkok (central) area, please contact Section 3, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division, 1st floor, Window No.6, Old Building, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120 Tel. (662) 287-4948 or 287-3101-10 Ext. 2274. For the provincial areas, contact any Immigration check-point throughout the country.
For further information and applications forms. Please contact the Immigration Bureau;
Section 1, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division, Room 301, 3rd floor, Old Building, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120 Tel. (662) 287-3117 or 287-3101-10 Ext. 22345.
When an alien applies for a non-immigrant visa “code B” , to stay in the country 90 days or less, and would like to apply for an extension or an alien applies for a non-immigrant visa “code B-A” , to stay over 90 days, he/she will need to submit the following:
1. Application Form T.M. 7 (for extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).
2. A copy of the passport or substitute document.
3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.
4. 500 baht fee is required for an extension of 90 days or less.
5. A recommendation letter from the company showing the positions of the applicant as well as the position of all foreigners working in the company and for what reasons these aliens must be employed.
6. Work permit or the receipt showing the alien has applied for such a permit from the Ministry of labour and Social welfare.
7. The alien’s personal tax details including: balance, profit and loss, entity income tax, Vat records for the past year.
8. Certificate of entity registration, company registration certificate of limited company or commercial registration or VAT registration and list of partnerships.
9. Export companies must submit document of export transactions, i.e. bank or company transactions.
10. The officials reserve the right to require more documentation for further investigation to verify the company’s viability.
Applying for an extension for aliens who support or are being supported by parents with Thai nationality or have residence in Thailand.
Initial place to contact: An alien must apply for non-immigrant visa “code O” at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before he/she enters the country.
Duration of the first permit: As warranted by this visa, the applicant will receive permission to stay for 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant that applicant a maximum extension of one year at a time.
1. Application Form T.M. 7.
2. A copy of passport or substitute document.
3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.
4. Marriage certificate.
5. 500 baht fee.
6. Birth certificate (if any). & current medical original certificate (any Thai clinic will do for 30-50 baht).
7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has a Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand.
8. If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.
Applying for an extension for aliens who support or are being supported by a spouse with Thai nationality or who has residence in Thailand Initial place to contact:
An alien must apply for a non-immigrant visa “code O” at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the Kingdom. Duration of first permit: As warranted by this visa, permission is given for a period of 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant him a maximum extension of one year at a time.
Members of the diplomatic or consular corps, aliens coming to perform their duties in Thailand with the approval of the Thai government, aliens performing their duties in Thailand under an agreement between the Thai government and a foreign government, heads of international organizations or agencies operating in Thailand, and dependents of all the aforementioned persons, including private servants of members of the diplomatic corps, are exempted by the Act from the normal visa requirements.Do you have questions? Visit our forum