Temporary tourist visa: Visa on arrival
- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from some countries may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for a period not exceeding 15 days.
- The applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.
- The applicant must produce instrument of means of transport (full paid ticket) which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry.
- Visa on arrival is provided at 12 designated international checkpoints and applicants should produce the application form to which his/her recent photograph (2 1/2 inches) is attached. The application fee is 1000 Baht.
- Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120. Tel. (662) 287-3127 or 287-3101-10 ext. 2264-5.
- List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provides facilities for issuance of visa on arrival are as follow :
1. Savvanabhumi International Airport , Bangkok
2. Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai
3. Phuket International Airport , Phuket
4. Hatyai International Airport , Songkla
5. U Tapao Airport , Rayong
6. Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
7. Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
8. Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
9. Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala
10. Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkla
11. Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani
12. Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration checkpointDo you have questions? Visit our forum