Transit visa Thailand
This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes :
– to travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category “TS”)
– to participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) (category “S”) *)
– the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category “C”)
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
– Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
– Visa application form completely filled out
– One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
– Instrument of means of transportation (confirmed air ticket paid in full)
– Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht (per family)
– Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document
– Letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
– Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional document as deemed necessary
3. VISA FEE
USD 20.00 per entry or equivalent (as per 2003-08-26).
(Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)
4. VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is three months.
5. VALIDITY OF A STAY
Travellers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 30 days at any time.
6. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10
The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
* Sports men/sports woman: Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month , Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them