All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thailand Live Friday 23 Feb 2018

Thailand to declare IUU-free Thailand FILE photo BANGKOK, 23 February 2018 (NNT) - The Spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bussadee Santipitak, said the Thai government will declare the policy of Thailand being freed from Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated (IUU) fishing. Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1026271-thailand-to-declare-iuu-free-thailand/
  3. Thailand to declare IUU-free Thailand FILE photo BANGKOK, 23 February 2018 (NNT) - The Spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bussadee Santipitak, said the Thai government will declare the policy of Thailand being freed from Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated (IUU) fishing. In moving towards IUU-free Thailand, the country has built upon the reforms of all dimensions undertaken during nearly the past three years. The works include the reform of legal framework and implementing regulations, the fisheries management limiting the fishing license issuance in compliance with the quantity of aquatic animals, the fleet management putting control over fishing vessels of all sizes and types, the monitoring, control and surveillance through port-in and port-out control, installation of vessel monitoring system, and daily inspections at seas, as well as the development of traceability system for catches from Thai-flagged vessels and foreign vessels. To make the international community recognize IUU-free Thailand, Thai authorities will continue working on the development of the Thai catch certification system to be in compliance with international standards, while ensuring that workers on the fishing vessels are legal and protected under the universal principle. In addition, Thailand will join hands with the European Union (EU) for the system development, and with other flag states in verifying that the source of aquatic animals is not related to any illegal fishing activity. Thai officials have already started holding talks with other countries on this issue. Thailand's preparation for the IUU-free Thailand declaration is another step along the government’s path to ensuring the sustainability of the fisheries sector in the long run, and to mobilize the fisheries reform to be continuously carried out regardless of the change in the administration. -- nnt 2018-02-23
  4. Eureka! That´s no joke, nah. 97% of the population have never been made aware that the two words "normal" and "standards" have a possibility to be combined into an expression that really means something.
  5. Army told to pay mother of slain son

Ask for 18M baht, and get 1,8. At least it includes the same choosen numbers. That´s great! I would believe that is out of the question. Guess she have to settle for 1,87M or make an appeal.
  6. Once again an accused person can be given the right to change when he wishes to appear for questioning or court. Don´t we just love the harsh consistency of the Thai system regarding crimes and law. Still they don´t see that they make a joke out of themselfs every time.
  7. Thailand Weather

Posted 5.37 am 23/2/2018 Left click on the link then on weather from there and you will get 5 options. Each one will give you a drop down list of the Provinces covered. ( Some provinces give limited information )If you hover over anyone of these you can click on your choice of province and get the forecast for that particular one. https://www.tmd.go.th/en/daily_forecast.php ( This link is updated every 3 hours daily ) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Left click on this link and you will get a drop down list of all provinces in Thailland. https://www.yr.no/place/Thailand/ (scroll down to regions) Click on your choice of province and you will get a dropdown list of what looks like Amphoes in that province then click on your choice. There is an option at the top to choose "search for location" which is most likely to be limited to local Tumbons, Amphoes and City. Click on one of the options given, I use hour by hour. _________________________________________________________________________ Mae Sot, (Tak)
  8. Seems like every human rights activists are targets these days. This is the era of countries that are just out of control and have governments that just don't give a shit about human rights and world opinion. Its such a contrast to the sustained advancements made over the last 20years. We're sure to look back at this era and hang our heads in shame.
  9. hotel choice in downtown Surin

Twin is a short distance from the ‘entertainment Soi’ & TawanDeang nightclub and its the newest of the 3. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Thailand Weather

Posted 5.29 am 23/2/2018 Left click on the link then on weather from there and you will get 5 options. Each one will give you a drop down list of the Provinces covered. ( Some provinces give limited information )If you hover over anyone of these you can click on your choice of province and get the forecast for that particular one. https://www.tmd.go.th/en/daily_forecast.php ( This link is updated every 3 hours daily ) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Left click on this link and you will get a drop down list of all provinces in Thailland. https://www.yr.no/place/Thailand/ (scroll down to regions) Click on your choice of province and you will get a dropdown list of what looks like Amphoes in that province then click on your choice. There is an option at the top to choose "search for location" which is most likely to be limited to local Tumbons, Amphoes and City. Click on one of the options given, I use hour by hour. _________________________________________________________________________
  11. Connecting video sources to TVs in restaurant

I bought one from Lazada, and it works fine. Switching is automatic also. I'll try and find the link. Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  12. May wants EU citizens to stay after Brexit

I tried to report someone overstaying their visa today, they are staying based on marriage to a EU citizen who is working in the UK. Actually this is all a front for a smuggling ring working out of Hungary. Anyway.. I don't have proof for what the husband is doing. So I thought if the wife is out the husband might be encouraged to leave. I have proof for the wife's overstay. Firstly, I couldnt find a number to call to report any immigration issues for any reason other than calling the police. Then when I went online to do it.. They wanted more information about me than the offender.. !!! What BS!! Then May wants to keep these guys in my country.. No thanks. Let's just hit the reset button and see what happens.
  13. NLA rejects all Election Commission finalists

Only 2 organic laws to get sorted... How much delay do you think they can manage to milk from it ?? Their excuses are getting weaker and weaker, I guess those at the top are cranking up their trough time before the inevitable. On a positive note, only 2 more weeks before Toad Boy reveals his explanation, or maybe not :)
  14. Top ten ways to avoid Dengue Fever

It seems you know little to nothing about dengue! There are now five separate strains of dengue identified, one can be quite deadly. To quote an article on the subject: "when a person is infected a second time with a different strain of the virus, the antibodies to the first can enhance the body’s reaction to the second strain and may cause severe dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), dengue shock syndrome (DSS), and possibly death."
  15. Premchai defers his meeting with police to March 5

Amazing Thailand!
  16. Who would want to be a teacher nominated to carry a gun!! Utter madness!! This just can't be real.. Deluded moron
  17. Thailand Live Friday 23 Feb 2018

Over 100 million baht worth of unlicensed cosmetic and food supplements seized By Thai PBS Officials of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Crime Suppression Division and local officials seized over 100 million baht worth of unlicensed food supplements and cosmetics in a raid of two warehouses in Nakhon Ratchasima. Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1026270-over-100-million-baht-worth-of-unlicensed-cosmetic-and-food-supplements-seized/
  18. Over 100 million baht worth of unlicensed cosmetic and food supplements seized By Thai PBS Officials of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Crime Suppression Division and local officials seized over 100 million baht worth of unlicensed food supplements and cosmetics in a raid of two warehouses in Nakhon Ratchasima. Pharmacist Somchai Preechathaveekit, deputy secretary-general of the FDA, said Thursday (Feb 22) that the FDA Office had received numerous complaints from consumers who had bought cosmetics and food supplements online from Facebook page under the name of Wannapa Pongson and Magic Skin Company. They complained that they used the products and found them ineffective as advertised with several complaining of shaking hands, breathing problem or sleep deprivation. Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/100-million-baht-worth-unlicensed-cosmetic-food-supplements-seized/ -- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-23
  19. Thailand Live Friday 23 Feb 2018

Aflatoxin found in all 27 milk samples tested, but they are still safe for consumption By Thai PBS Twenty-seven samples of school milk and fresh milk from retail stores were all found to be contaminated with aflatoxin, a poisonous carcinogen produced by fungi, but its amount is within acceptable level, according to the Foundation for the Consumers’ Smart Buyer Magazine. Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1026269-aflatoxin-found-in-all-27-milk-samples-tested-but-they-are-still-safe-for-consumption/
  20. Prawit has two weeks to clarify 25 pricey watches

Not until dinner time. Then it's all over.
  21. Aflatoxin found in all 27 milk samples tested, but they are still safe for consumption By Thai PBS Twenty-seven samples of school milk and fresh milk from retail stores were all found to be contaminated with aflatoxin, a poisonous carcinogen produced by fungi, but its amount is within acceptable level, according to the Foundation for the Consumers’ Smart Buyer Magazine. Of the 27 milk samples tested, 14 of them were school milk obtained from schools in Bangkok and from Phayao, Chachoengsao, Khon Kaen, Surat Thani and Ayutthaya while 13 other samples were collected from convenience or retail stores. According to the FFC, laboratorial tests showed the amount of aflatoxin found in the 27 samples range from a minimum of 0.03 microgramme/kilogramme to a maximum of 0.08 microgramme/kg compared to the Public Health Ministry’s standard which set the acceptable contamination level at not exceeding 20 parts per billion (ppb) or 20 microgramme/kg and CODEX standard at not exceeding 0.5 microgramme/kg. Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/aflatoxin-found-27-milk-samples-tested-still-safe-consumption/ -- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-23
  22. Glasgow Celtic

Not really a surprise that our European odessy is over. This was the latest of many poor performances this season. Defensely brittle and toothless in attack this was always on the cards. Zenit took advantage of Celtic bearing gifts. Behind to 2 preventable goals at HT we still were not out of it and if I was a Zenit supporter I would have been worried that an away goal could put us out. But once Lustig went to sleep it was all over. Brendan is shipping a lot of criticism again. We certainly need to get motoring and not be offering the posse more encouragement. Sunday could be a difficult game.
  23. When the last straw falls

Feudal culture.. Everything is connected to the top.. Don't you all realise yet that even your latest 200baht under the table ends up with a percentage skim from the very highest of powers above.. Of course its political.. Get your butt out of your.$$$
  24. Thailand Live Friday 23 Feb 2018

Bride-to-be pays designer US$430 only to receive ‘ugly’ gown on the day before her wedding Image: Facebook/Mhayo B. Arguelles While weddings usually look perfect on the day itself, it takes a village and months and months of planning to get it all right. And sometimes, all the planning still doesn’t cut it, what with all the possible crises that can arise before and during the big day. Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1026268-philippines-bride-to-be-pays-designer-us430-only-to-receive-‘ugly’-gown-on-the-day-before-her-wedding/
  25. Bride-to-be pays designer US$430 only to receive ‘ugly’ gown on the day before her wedding Image: Facebook/Mhayo B. Arguelles While weddings usually look perfect on the day itself, it takes a village and months and months of planning to get it all right. And sometimes, all the planning still doesn’t cut it, what with all the possible crises that can arise before and during the big day. For brides, the wedding gown is a major feature; any bride would want to look beautiful on her big day and with the perfect wedding gown to boot. Image: Facebook/Mhayo B. Arguelles For Mhayo B. Arguelles of Parañaque City, Manila, however, choosing a designer friend proved to be a mistake. Arguelles took to Facebook last Feb. 20 to share her disastrous experience on the making of her wedding gown. Arguelles said she had a wedding gown made by her unnamed designer friend that was worth P30,000. Unfortunately, the finished product did not meet the quality she expected for the amount agreed. In one of Arguelles’ pictures, she showed the base gown of her friend’s creation. She pointed out that it was so different from the sketch the designer made that she was so disheartened. Her wedding was last Feb. 14 during Valentine’s Day. Their first fitting was back in November, while the second was in January. Despite seeing the initial form of the gown, Arguelles said that she accepted it because she trusted the designer, and she believed that perhaps they might add some more details. The wedding gown was delivered to her in Feb. 13, just a day before the wedding, and that was when Arguelles realized the gown was nowhere near her dream wedding gown. “I felt depressed after seeing my gown, I said, “What? This is my wedding gown?” I thought twice and wondered how it could have turned this way. It’s ugly! Image: Facebook/Mhayo B. Arguelles Arguelles showed more pictures of the gown, pointing out that it was delivered in an eco bag instead of a box like how it should be. She also showed that the lace was too high and that her underwear could already be seen when she tried the gown on. Some of the stitchings were also faulty. Image: Facebook/@Mhayo B. Arguelles Image: Facebook/@Mhayo B. Arguelles Image: Facebook/@Mhayo B. Arguelles "The lace on the arm-part of the gown is loose. It didn’t fit my arm the right way." It was a good thing, then, that Arguelles’ maid of honor found a way to borrow a gown from someone else and lent it to Arguelles. This minimized the stress that she had already been feeling. Arguelles told INQUIRER.net this morning that she only used the veil and the train of her designer friend’s gown because she had no other choice, it was already her wedding day. I was only able to use the train, because I had no other choice. I just did what I had to do to look as best I can with the gown I borrowed. The veil was also by my designer friend. There was no other veil I could use.) Image: Facebook/Mhayo B. Arguelles It was noted too that her designer friend created her groomsmen’s outfits, charging her P1,500 each for the ten of them. However, Arguelles wrote that these were also a failure. “Feb. 12 around 11:00pm niya hinatid mga damit ng groomsmen ko. Dun pa lang mali na yun dahil daw dapat 1week before the wedding dapat mayfinal fitting. Nagtataka ako sayo bakit last two minute mo hinatid mga susuotin namin which is ang haba naman ng time na binigay ko sayo.” (The groomsmen’s outfits were delivered Feb. 12 at around 11 p.m. That’s wrong as well, because normally, there should be at least one week of final fitting before the wedding proper. I am wondering why you waited for the last minute before you delivered our clothes, while I gave you a long period to prepare.) Arguelles also told INQUIRER.net that her groomsmen had to get their outfits repaired in a rush because they didn’t fit well; some were too baggy while the others had unflattering cuts. "But I was still considerate of my friend. I still gave him work when I asked him to do the makeup of my bridesmaids. They were also not pleased with their makeup. Their P500-each was not worth it." (Even when worn by a mannequin or in whatever angle you look at it, it really has no appeal.) Image: Facebook/Mhayo B. Arguelles Arguelles’ designer friend, however, has since filed a case in the baranggay because Arguelles refused to pay the P8,000 balance left of the P30,000. She told INQUIRER.net that she refused to pay the balance because of the designer’s unprofessionalism and due to the low quality of work; she wasn’t satisfied as a customer. More than the issue of money, however, Arguelles expressed that her trust was betrayed because the designer was her friend. Arguelles confirmed that she has filed a case herself, and she and the designer will face each other in Feb. 27. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339472 -- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-23
  1. Load more activity
BANGKOK 23 February 2018 05:45
Sponsors