All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ^^^^OP, what Sorphon said. Or possibly the security code does not transmit outside of Cambodia....even roaming would not work....must be on a Cambodian cell network. I had a similar problem with one of my U.S. banks to where their security code would not leave the U.S. cell networks to my U.S. cell number. You could be roaming here in Thailand with your mobile phone....get/make phone calls....get/send texts....but you could not receive a "security code text from this particular bank" as a security code can have special underlying coding that only allows it to go over certain networks such as U.S. cell networks only. This particular bank was serious about ensuring you were "in the U.S." somewhere in order to get the security code. Yeap, the bank sending the security code just may special conditions as to which numbers/networks/countries the code can be sent to....the code does indeed get generated by the bank but it hits a roadblock along the way....and the typical bank customer service rep may not know this. The bank rep can confirm the security code was indeed generated, but they don't know about the possible roadblocks which only their tech support would hopefully know about.
  3. No money. How the f....u..c....k did you get here.? As for hipsters as mentioned above same as hippies. Spoiled little rich/upper middle class kids but at least hippies had a cause.
  4. Is it just me, but how do you carry out random checks of destitute people? Doesn't that infer they have nowhere to live? Perhaps the officials did a sweep of park benches in the area.
  5. Visa for Vietnam

Moved for greater visibility.
  6. US Vets: Plan "B" or not?

Yes, they will not pay for any US accrued bills. I think best you send me a message so I can discuss your situation with you privately.
  7. Yeah, we should send them flowers
  8. US Vets: Plan "B" or not?

The VA FMP is not like back in the USA. IF you have paid bills already, sign up and send them all in at the same time. If you are submitting bills for SC issues, they will pay that and anything related to it. Turn time is around 45-60 days currently. They will mail you a US Treasury check. (God I wish they'd go direct deposit.)
  9. How does the payment of these credit cards work? Do they just take the money from your bank account at the end of the month and you don't have to worry about anything or do you have to pay them manually?
  10. And just think a word from a fuuuker like him has probably sent many a person to jail
  11. Is he serious? That must be just a drop in the ocean compared to what's really needed. Following his thinking, the image of the packet of batteries in the previous post would probably do.
  12. People come to Pattaya to party. Drinking until 2am is not particularly unusual behaviour. In Spain people often do not go out till 11pm ans stay up till dawn. Same for a lot of the Mediterranean countries. But whatever our race or background a party town does not have to be an impolite town. Bad manners and poor behaviour are not a race factor but a cultural and educational issue. As for rip offs. Only fools get ripped off and they should consider it part of their education. I get the impression some real softies come to Thailand with little life or travel experiences. Or maybe they have never read a book or maybe they have never been here... I've just come back from central Thailand and I notice a slight change in the demographics in Pattaya.. Older European couples who remember freedom before PC and Sharia law and feminism and are not offended by girls in Bikinis or red light districts. Families with kids unphased by the antics in Soi 6 and WS. I believe this forum has been strategically infiltrated by right wing American evangelical extremists and some miserable low IQ mediocrities who wish to drag people down to their own level. Anti fun and anti freedom and the worse kind of cultural imperialists.
  13. driving family car while on holiday

For class 1 and 2 insurance a policy with a named driver gives a premium discount. So do check, it is very well possible this is the case, albeit the standard is as indicated, the insurance is on the car and for everyone who drives.
  14. buying a house in the area

Those that arent selling are most likely due to the owner asking too much. For some reason Thais don't seem to grasp what is meant by market value. It's probably a western thing. Consequently they tend to hold onto their property forever in the hope some halfwit will offer to buy said property at asking price. But as has been mentioned before....then said owner renegs and asks for more money if halfwit agrees to original price. Stupid stuff (Well from foreigners view point at least). Its very similar to commercial leasing of properties. If tenant appears to make profit then rent/lease must be increased. Sometimes to the extent that the people cannot afford the increase. The owner will not backdown. The building becomes and remains empty with no income to the owner....one cannot lose face by stepping backwards. We as foreigners cannot change this way of thinking. So it's pretty much hit and miss when negotiating a possibility to purchase at a resonance price. Hey some manage to pull it off and good to them. But I think you need to really get on your bike and explore the area you are looking at. You may find a bargain by doing so.... and by chance you may also get an owner with realistic views as to value. Gd luck in your search
  15. Krungsri and TMB ATMs provide Bt30K per transaction assuming your card-issuing bank allows you that much per transaction/day. I used a Krungsri ATM just a few days ago to do two Bt30K withdrawals one right after the other with 2 different U.S. bank debit cards. Bt220 fee charged each time but my two banks do not charge a foreign transaction fee and reimburse ATM fees.
  16. Usual show to make the gullible think there's something being done. To be sacked must entail an absolutely enormous amount of wrong doing, corruption, ineptitude. Or maybe p155 off someone really influential. I knew a woman who ran a bar, her husband was sacked from the RTP on some sort of corruption charge. Being cynical, I always thought he was more likely sacked for not being corrupt enough. There was also a woman worked for the PEA in the accounts department, checking payment of electricity bills. Her scam was to come round to bars, get the owner to pay her the cash directly. It was always fifty percent of whatever was on the bill. It went on for years before she was found out. Still not sacked though.
  17. UK pensions

Section 71 of the Social Security Administration Act grants the DWP the power to make compulsory deductions from State Pensions in order to recover over payments.
  18. Maybe a little harsh. Correct me if I am wrong, but had the Thai silk industry nearly died out but was brought back by his interest in it ? His shops are not cheap for silk but they do market what is now an international luxury brand for those who wish to buy. He also was one of the first to value the old teak houses collected here when others were happy to discard the past. The café is beautiful and prices OK. One of the few tourist attractions to charge a reasonable admission price which is for BOTH locals and tourists. You will be shown around on a guided tour in a small group in your chosen language.
  19. Insurgents fire at house, shop of police in Songkhla By The Nation Suspected southern insurgents fired gunshots at a shop and a house, both belonging to policemen, in Songkhla province’s Thepha district in two separate attacks on Friday night. In the first attack, nine bullets were fired from an M16 assault rifle at a house under construction, belonging to Pol Lieutenant Suwit Niewthongtae ,in Ban Na Chuak village in Tambon Tha Muang. In the second attack nearly at the same time, shots were fired three times from an M16 assault rifle and a 9mm pistol at a grocery shop belonging to Pol Senior Sgt-Major Somsak Larpwong. No was injured as the shop was already closed. Somsak was sleeping in his house behind the shop. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339606 -- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-24
  20. Insurgents fire at house, shop of police in Songkhla By The Nation Suspected southern insurgents fired gunshots at a shop and a house, both belonging to policemen, in Songkhla province’s Thepha district in two separate attacks on Friday night. In the first attack, nine bullets were fired from an M16 assault rifle at a house under construction, belonging to Pol Lieutenant Suwit Niewthongtae ,in Ban Na Chuak village in Tambon Tha Muang. In the second attack nearly at the same time, shots were fired three times from an M16 assault rifle and a 9mm pistol at a grocery shop belonging to Pol Senior Sgt-Major Somsak Larpwong. No was injured as the shop was already closed. Somsak was sleeping in his house behind the shop. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339606 -- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-24
  21. Driving License not on Computer.

Yes, it should and maybe it was. Was your name spelled correctly? I don't know how accessible the database is to other DLT's, especially for older DL's, nor what happens to the information if a licence has expired more than one year.
  22. The airport is 44km out.......I think that is his point.
  23. US Vets: Plan "B" or not?

I hope you get your wish. However, I think you will find what is covered/reimbursable must be linked to a "VA rated, service connected condition"....they are not going to cover just anything. Take a look at below VA webpage/partial quote talking FMP benefits and claims. But also keep in mind a VA rating for a service connected condition can still be 0% which just means the VA confirmed the condition is service connected but they will not award any disability pay for that particular condition which they rated as minor in condition. However, you can still get medical care/reimbursement for that condition if VA approved. https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/programs/veterans/fmp/fmp_benefits_claims.asp
  24. It's a reasonable assumption that some those injured workers were being illegally transported in the rear bed of this speeding truck.
  1. Load more activity
BANGKOK 24 February 2018 22:54
Sponsors