Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thai defamation law and online reviews

That's your interpretation, I think most people would interpret it differently though.
  3. # IRC trials tyres locally to you in Pattaya? # Those modern rear rims with the 2 (3) piece spokes which allow tubeless tyres - really like them, and they look great. I think spokes will be pretty universal from most bike makes - should be able to buy from GG, Sherco, Beta etc. And an easy fit, don't even have to take the tyre off - brilliant!
  4. Cheerfully accepted. Thank you. I am not above the odd typo myself.
  5. Phuket police investigate speedboat explosion that left two crew members injured Eakkapop Thongtub The boats's wheelhouse was totally destroyed by the explosion. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub PHUKET: Police are investigating the cause of an explosion on a tour speedboat in Chalong Bay yesterday afternoon shortly after the boat had returned tourists from Phi Phi Island to Chalong Pier. The explosion resulted in two crew members suffering injuries. Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1012528-phuket-police-investigate-speedboat-explosion-that-left-two-crew-members-injured/
  6. Pattaya police are already doing that and minting it in. How about Pattaya meterless taximeters conforming to the national law? Ask the police why the taxi mafia don't obey the law.
  7. U tried with some big Bangkok glass shops? They might consider to take jobs for Pattaya.
  8. Phuket police investigate speedboat explosion that left two crew members injured Eakkapop Thongtub The boats's wheelhouse was totally destroyed by the explosion. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub PHUKET: Police are investigating the cause of an explosion on a tour speedboat in Chalong Bay yesterday afternoon shortly after the boat had returned tourists from Phi Phi Island to Chalong Pier. The explosion resulted in two crew members suffering injuries. Chalong Police was notified of the incident, about 200 metres from Chalong Pier, by the Phuket Provincial Administrative Organisation’s (PPAO or OrBorJor) Tourist Assistance Centre at 3:45pm yesterday (Nov 21). Lt Sakkarin Sangjaroen of the Chalong Police arrived at the scene to find the speedboat’s wheelhouse totally destroyed. The boat’s floor had also sustained some damage. Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-investigate-speedboat-explosion-that-left-two-crew-members-injured-64807.php -- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-22
  9. That might be a good idea if the owners of the trains were a government department but they are not. Please direct your biased rant to the correct places which are Metropolitan Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRT) and Bangkok Expressway and Metro Pcl (BEM), the concessionaire of the Blue Line subway and NOT the government. But as usual you could not miss the chance to rant at the the government, and as happens quite often with you, you get the facts wrong.
  10. HISENSE TV / 55'' UHD SMART M7030

So no comment on M7030's picture quality? No other lg/samsung tv does have edge lit and local dimming in this price range (55 inch uled m7030 is 25990 baht - 7% discount at lazada)
  11. Thai defamation law and online reviews

This I actually do agree with. But of course that would only work if you're in a country that has realistic defamation laws and a fair judicial process... so back to square one...
  12. People in Thailand

Last of the monsoon rain? Sathorn.
  13. Thai defamation law and online reviews

Your first post on this thread seemed to be focused on obtaining personal gain in return for reviews, not on doing a public service.
  14. We certainly are. I believe in freedom of speech, conscience and expression, including yours. You on the other hand just want me to shut up and piss off because I say things you don't like and support those who would silence me forcibly.
  15. Motorcycle's don't fare well with IED's. The government vis a vis the military apparently is satisfied with a low-level of insurgent-caused fatalities as a consequence for not making serious efforts at peace talks and outsourcing security responsibilities to volunteers and officials at the village level.
  16. Sounds like they're after a job in Fifa.
  17. Sap admits being paid to lie on Jomsap’s behalf By The Nation Sap Wapi faces a charge of perjury after admitting he was paid to falsely confess to being the driver in the fatal 2005 hit-and-run accident for which teacher Jomsap Saenmuangkhot was jailed. Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1012527-sap-admits-being-paid-to-lie-on-jomsap’s-behalf/
  18. Prayut wants law and order in Pattaya, Jomtien Beach

He’s been overseas and thought that, if too empty, a beach can feel lifeless. Funny that in many areas in the world, huge efforts are made to preserve the natural beauty of beaches - ie focusing on clean sand and water and management of coastal habitats. All so people can enjoy the beauty of the natural environment and sports and recreation opportunities. Never have I ever thought that a clean and natural sweep of beach -without deckchairs or food or beverage outlets, or vendors -was lifeless. Rather, it’s a thing of beauty. Here, it’s just another opportunity for income generation.
  19. I don't understand. The TAT reports large and steady increase in both tourist numbers and dollars spent. Why does the government have to further stimulate domestic tourism. I read 80% hotel occupancy rates, record revenues from international travelers. Surely they are better off using the tax revenues to subsidize the rubber farmers.
  20. Feet and Lower Leg Swelling / Pain

Mate had that, had to have his legs amputated below the knee. Good luck!
  21. Thanks Sanuk 711 for the recomend of Acceptable Risk really enjoying it Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  22. Sap admits being paid to lie on Jomsap’s behalf By The Nation Sap Wapi faces a charge of perjury after admitting he was paid to falsely confess to being the driver in the fatal 2005 hit-and-run accident for which teacher Jomsap Saenmuangkhot was jailed. The Mukdahan resident told Nakhon Phanom police chief Pol Maj Gen Suwichan Yankittikul on Wednesday that another teacher, Suriya Nuancharoen, had promised to pay him Bt400,000 to be the scapegoat in the case so that Jomsap could be exonerated. Sap said he had not yet received the money. Jomsap was sentenced to three years and two months in prison over the death of cyclist Lua Phorbumrung in the March 11, 2005, accident in Nakhon Phanom’s Renu Nakhon district. She was granted a royal pardon in April 2015 after serving 18 months and sought a retrial to clear her name. But the Supreme Court last week rejected her petition, citing suspicions of “hired scapegoats”. Sap now insists he was at home in Mukdahan at the time of the accident. Nakhon Phanom police have vowed to bring perjury charges against Sap and six others who they believe procured false witnesses on Jomsap’s behalf. Sap had originally claimed that Jomsap was falsely accused due to a mix-up, since her pickup truck bore the licence plate “Bor Khor 56 Sakhon Nakhon”, while his was “Bor Khor 56 Mukdahan”. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30332243 -- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-22
  23. Intelligence agency seeks access to databases

'The NIA is interested in accessing 34 databases that are not classified as confidential ...' That would depend on who's doing the classifying.
  24. Shirtless Farangs

Or peripheral neuropathy from twenty odd years of living with diabetes, as one non optional cause...
  25. Good tv series

I've had some great help from Timbob, who has been most forthcoming with assistance regarding the same thing, but using My Expat VPN network. In my case I had to change from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge in order to get the whole thing working, but so far it seems to be working okay-ish....... apart from one peculiar problem and I wonder if anyone else on here has experienced this. When I log onto the Expat VPN site, which can be a bit of a chore (and one has to pay for it, but not much) I immediately get a message on my outlook Gmail requesting me to re-enter my password, and although I do it, it doesn't seem to let me use Gmail, so I am locked out. Not long after I get a message on my phone saying that someone has tried to access my Google account from Dubai?? No matter what I did I couldn't get my Gmail (via Outlook) working again and it took me over a day to figure it out – – when I disconnected from the Expat VPN, the problem never occurred, then when I reconnected, the message regarding my password cropped up again, locking me out of my Gmail, as did the message from Google regarding someone trying to access my account?? I did look on Google and it seems that what was happening to me has happened to others, or at least something similar has happened, and I wondered if anybody here had experienced the same thing. I realise this is a little off topic, however feedback on this problem would be much appreciated.
  1. Load more activity