Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't doubt your good intentions and your desire to educate but for me life is about first hand experiences and not what someone says on the internet. I find the internet to be very informative but not always conclusive. It is a bit like saying it must be true because facebook said so.
  3. Wow you must have really great vision to see those microscopic particles in the atmosphere. I'm impressed.
  4. ok thank i will do on monday πŸ˜‰ but i dont understand how can immigration discover that i changed condo?
  5. As I understand it, air rifles are illegal in LOS...
  6. The myth of melting ice and rising seas

I was referring to your earlier posts where you tossed out numbers and other claims without credible sources. I should have picked one of these posts instead of your post making light of the consequences of rising sea levels. So, any comment on the prediction, with sources, that ice losses in Greenland and Antarctica have increase dramatically and that sea levels will rise 56 to 200 cm this century?
  7. The myth of melting ice and rising seas

Thanks for directing my attention to that. I learned something new. From my calculations taken from figures in the article it would amount to about 1.5 percent of the current rise in sea level. So definitely interesting but as the article concludes : β€œGlobal sea-level change from floating ice is small, but perhaps in a regional sense detectable,”...
  8. What is your value quotient here in Thailand?

and you did not grasp what i wrote mate! especially for you i will now slowly type and repeat that with every Baht i spend in Thailand i pay a pro rata share of income tax of the Thai producer, the Thai distributor, the Thai shop and the Thai salesman who sell any product to me (or my wife). cost and all Thai taxes of the afore-mentioned Thai parties are included in the price i pay. as far as delusion is concerned... i mentioned nowhere that i consider myself a big contributor to the Thai economy even though i spend since more than a dozen years annually the equivalent income of ~400 Thai low level employees.
  9. 983 foreigners busted for overstays in 3 days

Color????????????? What colour are youπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ is nationality determined by colour nowadays or only in the mind of piggotts& racists?
  10. There is a high-end shop in Amarin near Chidlom BTS.
  11. The myth of melting ice and rising seas

Sea ice is formed from sea water, and then the same water that was frozen melts and you are claiming there is more of it than before it froze? Yeah right 5555555555 I wasn't stationed in the banana belt. It doesn't snow there.
  12. After reading all these experts have their "guess" as to what the weapon was, air rifle, pellet gun, whatever, can't we just tattoo this man with a stupid stamp on his forehead and close the comments? You can buy a pellet gun easy enough, but an air rifle is something new to me. His troubles have just begun. Stupid is as stupid does.
  13. What's the best VPN in Thailand?

Streaming servers are not geo location blocking local VPN addresses they are usage blocking the address along with a few other sneaky moves. They will continue to become more aggressive and reach a point where a new solution is required for those wanting to access content from outside a zone. The first layer of strategy is simple and effective. This local IP address is not allocated to a service that can request a stream from our server. The personal IP solution can't provide for everyone and can't guarantee uninterrupted access once the streaming server gets a good hold on allocation. As a new IP system slowly rolls out we will probably see a lot more allocation detection. There's lots of unrest in them VPN sales camps.
  14. Well, do you think the bribes paid get passed on to the customers? With competition prices can fall.
  15. I think she's cute in her hibab..........wonder what the rest looks like, always liked undressing women wearing clothes like that, like unwrapping a xmas present. Oh,I'm gonna get it for that one.............
  16. Bear in mind that Beijing and Shanghai are large cities and not necessarily representative of the entire country.
  17. Best automatic scooter ?

Yamaha NMAX 155, anyone?
  18. What is your value quotient here in Thailand?

Agree. Part of the problem with threads like this is that people take individual problems they've had here, and of course we've all had some, and generalize them to all Thais versus all of us. And the other part of them problem is either forgetting or choosing to ignore problems and frustrations we had to contend with in our own countries. There also seems to be an assumption that the "us" and "them" in "us versus them" can be generalized to all westerners against all Thais and that "we" have to always rally behind team farang and disparage everyone on team Thai.
  19. You do not buy shares in a company to own a condo here as per the US definition of a co-op. A Condominium is defined by the Condominium Act and you have individual ownership, title etc.
  20. It would seem that your definition of facts and mine are somewhat different. I could base my beliefs on what some online weather man tells me or I can stick my head out the window and see for myself.
  21. Good point. Well here's a old guy who's been forgotten about and is in the IDC for more than 10 years.
  22. What is your value quotient here in Thailand?

This is quite a narrow view of Westerners...as if the Western population could be reduced as a bunch of "sex tourists" and aspiring colonialists! What about all these teachers and entrepreneurs who either provide education or jobs to the local population? What about the thousands of Westerners who live in remote corners of the country, far from the sex industry, raising children, building houses, buying cars and tractors...providing for an extended family with their retirement pensions? I am not convinced that Isaan, for example, would be better off if all the Westerners living there were to move somewhere else. When it comes to colonialism..."devastating the local economies"...seriously? Certainly, Cambodia, for example, was better off with Pol Pot and after, than with its French colonialists! And in the Middle East and Africa, colonialists were immediately replaced with dictators, but at least it was THEIR dictators...as for their economies...Zimbabwe anyone?
  23. Police arrest Jomsap but friend absconds

Does stupid come to mind?
  1. Load more activity