All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It is beyond me why people constantly bring up the subject of prices here vs home and "I would neeeeeever pay more than in my home country thing" I have chosen to live here. I drive the car I like here. It cost what it cost here, and it doesn't matter what I could have done if I just didn't live here. Half in / half out or living in limbo worrying if I pay more than my neighbour from a past life.
  3. Ron19

Chiang Mai Weather

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/daily_forecast.php This link provides options for locations in Thailand. ______________________________________________________ https://www.yr.no/place/Thailand/ This link also provides options for locations worldwide as well as Thailand. ______________________________________________________ Weather Radar http://weather.tmd.go.th/lmpLoop.php You can change this by clicking on TMB radar loop at the top then clicking on the nearest one to you from the drop down list. ______________________________________________________ Chiang Mai
  4. I gave you my solution to how they can be held in detention WITHOUT separating families. That is the issue. I'll leave the debate about immigration to the members in general. I'll just say that the US is a signatory to the conventions and protocols and has the right, like every other country, to decide how to orderly allow people to enter.
  5. Immigration must have realised a lot of 500thb notes slipping through their fingers.... You can still book a early morning flight the first day of your overstay and walk through immigration at 23.50 on your last day and relax on the other side as far as I know that's still permissable without being "overstayed" even though you left a bit late
  6. Thats not correct. They were told they couldn’t process them immediately. That’s different than denying them. The office gets overwhelmed at times especially when a large crowd converges. If the asylum seekers are really that desperate for asylum then why don’t they apply in Mexico instead of taking the chance of being seperated from their children? As a side, the Mexican cartels could not care less about immigrants as long as they aren’t selling drugs on their turf. The violence from cartels is against people involved in the illegal drug scene. Shall I assume you don’t have a better solution?
  7. The truth has been said here. This is the biggest problem that I too have seen myself. Schools only need good-looking nodding subordinates. It is nothing but window-shopping. They only want to display the white-skinned, blonde, handsome etc farangs with degrees. (Of course exceptions apply) The saddest part is that the students simply can't get used to their teachers and their accents as almost every term they get a new one and eventually they simply sit in the classroom and learn nothing.
  8. Ron19

Thailand Weather

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/daily_forecast.php This link provides options for locations in Thailand. ______________________________________________________ https://www.yr.no/place/Thailand/ This link also provides options for locations worldwide as well as Thailand. ______________________________________________________ Weather Radar http://weather.tmd.go.th/lmpLoop.php You can change this by clicking on TMB radar loop at the top then clicking on the nearest one to you from the drop down list. ______________________________________________________ Si Satchanalai (Sukhothai)
  9. I got the priority boarding passes too but I rather board a plane @ last call than first.... Watch out for the free luggage vouchers The check-in staff gave us no choice but to pay cash on the spot or fly without luggage (ironically they wouldn't even accept the air Asia credit card for the "free" suitcase charge)
  10. flyingtlger

Uni girls from chiang mai?

Young, Dumb and full of BS....
  11. poanoi

Fined 1000 THB for driving violation?!

a simple principle i follow is to never commit a traffic violation unless a thai did it 1 second earlier right in front of me, that will cause the police to have to charge the thai also in case they want to charge me, and they rather not do anything at all in this case
  12. whats the cause of your erection problems ? if its caused by a bad diet then why don't you eat healthy, change your diet and lifestyle, then you don't have to buy erection gels or creams
  13. Ron19

Bangkok Weather

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/daily_forecast.php This link provides options for locations in Thailand. ______________________________________________________ https://www.yr.no/place/Thailand/ This link also provides options for locations worldwide as well as Thailand. ______________________________________________________ Weather Radar http://weather.tmd.go.th/lmpLoop.php You can change this by clicking on TMB radar loop at the top then clicking on the nearest one to you from the drop down list. ______________________________________________________ Ban Wat Sala Daeng
  14. flyingtlger

Witnessed another accident at Rama 3

Sh*t happens.....
  15. "trump"'s little HOSTAGES. Small like the level of his honesty, decency, and integrity. He has not only degraded the presidency, he's degrading the entire nation. http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-Donald-Trump’s-Small-Hostages.BJpmbKiG38bQ.html
  16. They have been denying them the right to apply for asylum at the border. This has prompted some to cross illegally. Whether you enter legally or illegally, you still have the right, under the UN conventions which the US is a signatory to, to apply for asylum. How fast or slow the claim is adjudicated is up to the gov't to determine, but denying them the right violates a number of international laws. Holding them in detention is considered to be against the international laws, but it's not always possible to not have some form of detention. People who enter and have no asylum claim can be deported. Most people in the past with a denied claim voluntarily repatriate because it does not bar them from further entering the country legally. If you are formally deported, by the legal process, you are SOL for further entry to the US. It's a lot easier and more convenient for all for families to be held as a family unit.
  17. George FmplesdaCosteedback

Police crackdown on taxi and tuk-tuk drivers around Emerald Buddha Temple

And it will come back because the cops get a kick back...
  18. swissie

Matrimonial Fever

By living in a tropical environement, a Farang may be subjectet to many tropical fevers, unknown to him in his home country. The "marriage-fever" is the most dangerous, as there is no vaccine for it. Opening Bank-Accounts and "marriage" is getting more difficult for Farangs as I gather? Outrageous! But still, some Farangs would be glad if their marriage was irrevocably denied by well meaning Amphoe employees back then. Seasoned Amphoe Employees may conclude, that a marriage may only bring "Blood, Sweat and Tears" to the Farang (especially if the lady is 200 years younger than the groom, and the bride wearing a Tatoo saying "Born to Kill".) So, by making marriage as cumbersome as possible, perhaps some compassionate Amphoe-Employees only have the best interest of the Farang at heart, hoping that the "matrimonial-fever" will eventually subside. A humanitarian act by experienced Amphoe Staff, if you will. --------------------------- - It is no crime to live with a Thai-Partner for years "out of wedlock", but by naming her as a (THE) beneficiary in the Farangs "Last Will", will give her the desired and hoped for "security". As long as the relationship remains undisturbed, this "Last Will" will never need any "adjustements". - "Adjustements" are only called for, if the Farang finds himself in a environement of "Blood, Sweat and Tears." Clearly, this gives the lady a strong incentive "to make it work", for obvious reasons. A lady, categorically refusing to enter into such an agreement, has alternative (long-term) plans, those plans may not be in accordance with the plans of the Farang. Unfortunately. Just some food for thaught, no more, no less. Cheers.
  19. Sort your problems out some other way. This person may be causing trouble but they may be in a relationship - would you want to break that up? More importantly, do you think the Thai policeman you report the matter to actually gives a toss? What's in it for him? Remember, law enforcers in Thailand have a different agenda to what you may be used to. You may find that if you become a grass (snitch?), people stop talking to you. Leave it or sort it another way.
  20. Perhaps, but that hasn’t been the case in America. Asylum seekers do not need to enter illegally in order to apply. They were freely waiting in Mexico to apply for US asylum. They are also able to apply for asylum in Mexico. If they break the law and enter illegally they are detained, as the law clearly states. Again, I ask for your solution.
  21. cranki

Witnessed another accident at Rama 3

Think you watched a different video friend....
  22. Thonglor, 11.30 ish Wednesday? I guess what you saw was the aftermath of my other halfs 25 year old grandson (motorcyclist on his way to work) fatal hit and run by a pickup, emergency team turned up, tried CPR unsuccesfully. Sounds like he was wearing a crash helmet, but it came off (not fastened?). No trace of the pickup. Andrew
  23. KhaoYai

Uni girls from chiang mai?

I often wonder if people who post this type of thing are on some sort of an ego trip. There is no stereotype amongst the younger generation - they can and do act very, very differently to their older counterparts. However, saving face continues to play its part in Thai society - they don't wish to appear 'easy', nor do they wish for their washing to be done in public. Please, I know this is only a forum but sort your English out. Sentences do not start with 'so' but they do start with a capital letter. 'dtf'?? jw??
  24. So, first time here that a cop stopped me because of a traffic violation. Basically, I didn't notice that I was on the wrong line and just indicated (a bit to late as the white lines were already like that) to go to the left and I saw already the cop collecting something from a taxi in front of me. Then he was running at me after I was nearly on the other lane and he said to me with a big smiling face that this is for express way. Well, he asked for 1000 THB and I denied and he said go police station to get my license and pay the fine of 1000 THB. As I never encountered a real traffic violation thing, is this the normal behavior, I mean the 1000 THB? Seems a bit sharp to me. I have made an illustration of what happened. The white "man" is the cop.
  25. I am not interested in getting into much of a discussion, but I did do Refugee screening for the UN for a number of years. There are no easy solutions when dealing with situations like this. In an ideal situation, no one claiming asylum should be held in detention, but that's not always possible, nor is it always humane to turn them loose in a foreign country. First when using detention, every effort should be made to keep the family unit together, so children should be housed with their parents as a family unit. If they are seeking asylum, the family is screened as one unit, so there is no reason to separate them. Most of the people in SE Asia seeking asylum in the past were kept in detention camps. These ran from being almost like a large prison with chain link fences to some that had a three strand barb wire fence that couldn't keep a cow inside. In some they were given a fair amount of liberty to move around outside the facility to some where they were never let out. It's a lot more expensive for the state to take care of children than the family. The border areas have a lot of space to open facilities capable of housing the family unit until they are screened.
  1. Load more activity
BANGKOK 20 June 2018 03:26
Sponsors