Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

34 Excellent

About Svadhistana

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  1. Svadhistana

    Air quality in Bangkok improves, but still deemed unsafe

    That value is not the quantity of the 2.5 microns of particulate, but its conversion into the US EPA AQI standard. In these days the quantity of PM 2.5 is ranging from a minimum of 30 (13/2 at 10:00) to a maximum of 81 (14/2 at 6:00). This is what the article is referring to.
  2. That kind of mask portrayed in the picture is totally useless. A mask has to be in strict contact with the skin, it must have a valve to exhale and the filter must be able to stop any particle bigger than one micron. Example:
  3. Svadhistana

    90 day Online report work?

    I wonder if people from Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar can apply for the 90-day report online too, or if they have to go the immigration office
  4. Svadhistana

    Random Reboots. Previously Stable Win10 x64

    Unfortunately, this is a kind of problem that, sooner or later, almost everybody experience. In few cases, it is a hardware problem, but that is usually not too difficult to detect. In all other cases, it is a software conflict between the OS and "something else" and you can become crazy trying to sort it out. My warm suggestion is: reinstall Windows and your problem will be surely solved (unless it is a hardware problem, as I said before).
  5. Thank you Ubonjoe for the useful advice. Keep up with your good job
  6. I used IE tab in Firefox in the past. Now I run the latest version of Firefox and the IE tab is not an option anymore. In Edge settings the "open with IE" is not available too... maybe I should find it on Internet and install it, because I have not it on my pc. Or I should install Chrome with the IE tab option?
  7. Just tried now several times with Firefox and Edge. Not working for me.
  8. What could be more interesting for expats is that whoever hire a foreign worker (housekeepers included) must get a special permit called "quota" (to renew yearly) which allows to him/her to hire the personnel. Without this quota he is liable of providing illegal job. The work permit of the worker is indeed "bound" to the "quota permit" of the employer.
  9. Your rent of 80K is high already for what you have got. I suggest to tell him that if he wants to raise the fee you are moving away. He will stay YEARS without a tenant..... And you will find something a bit smaller but newer for your actual fee or even less.
  10. Then you don't need it for 3 years more.
  11. You did not mention the age of your kid. If he is attending a compulsory school, you must include the certificate of enrollment released by the school.
  12. Svadhistana

    WARNING! Samsung J7-2 just exploded !!!

    I would go to the police, file a complain and then bring a copy to Samsung. I am pretty sure that your case will catch their total attention. And if you use any social network just publish all this.
  13. I confirm that extranet is still down. In the past I was used to go to Suksawat branch for 90 day report but now it has been replaced by Big C in Ratburana. Did anybody go there for 90 day report already? Is it usable by us for this purpose?
  14. I am the father of a 10 years old Thai citizen. Previously married with a Thai spouse, now widowed. According to this: "2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children): Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year. (1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) The alien must have proof of relationship. (3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or (4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or (5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year. In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over. For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis. (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year." it is clear that I should keep 400,000 baht in the bank for at least 2 months before applying for the extension in the paragraph (6) (marriage). But in paragraph (5) (parenthood, which is now my case) I don't see any mention of the need to keep 400,000 baht for any amount of time before the application of the extension. Is it like this or am I missing something? Thank you.