Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral


  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1,097 profile views
  1. Making a will to cover UK assets

    just like to say a big thank you to everyone who replied. i only just found the replies to my topic. I was looking elsewhere. Not had time to read everything yet but seems like some good advice. Thanks again
  2. I usually deposit funds in my thai current account to satisfy immigration of the 3 months rule. Does anyone know whether I can use a savings account to do this?
  3. thanks ubonjoe i think ill go to my local branch just in case
  4. I need to renew my non mo visa based on retirement, so I need to get a certificate confirming the funds have been in place for 3 months. Can I get such a certificate from any branch of my bank ,( KTB ) or does it have to be my own branch.
  5. Maybe this has been covered on one of the subforums. my apologies if this is the case I am British, living in Thailand, legally married to a Thai, I wish to make a will that will cover my UK assets. Any advice, avoiding pitfalls, etc would be appreciated.
  6. My 90 notification date was Sept 12. Am i correct in thinking I have 7 days grace, which would mean I am ok to renew it on sept 19, or will they do the procedure of counting the 12th and 19th, thus making it 8 days, and facing a penalty? Also, do all immigration offices follow the same procedure? In my case it will be Ubon. Sorry if this has been answered before.
  7. Motorbike driving license age

    Very useful information on this topic, but not sure if the following was covered: I refuse my 16 year old stepson to ride our Honda Wave 100 on the main road until he has his motorcycle licence. I have done the test myself and am under no illusion that this will any way improve his awareness as a rider, However my concern is that if he is involved in an accident, and damage or injury is inflicted on someone or something else, will the fact that he has no licence mean more money for me to pay out. We have the bike taxed and insured, although I don't know if the insurance is valid for a non licensed rider.
  8. Det Udom get together

    A small group of us meet every Monday around 8.30 for breakfast in Det Udom town centre. The location is the big restaurant 50 metres East of the Krungthai Bank, just opposite the clinic. We speak your language.
  9. KTB Netbank

    i seem to be having a similar problem to the above. i made a payment , on online banking with KTB, it was for a regular payment once a month for 6 months to an internet company with a different bank. i now wish to cancel this payment but have no idea how to do it. i cant find the facility for managing, modifying etc payees i tried asking at my branch but got nowhere. i take note of your advice about fund transfer but i cant work it out. any help would be appreciated
  10. Na Chaluai Expats

    hi steve i live about 25 km North of you i sometimes go to Nachaluay and hang out at a coffee shop there its run by a woman called wai and is located right opposite the main hospital maybe we can meet up sometime cheers, Les