Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 October 2018 10:41


Advanced Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

483 Excellent

About JohnC

  • Rank
    Platinum Member

Recent Profile Visitors

10,566 profile views
  1. Signed and posted on my Facebook Account
  2. JohnC

    Suan Sawarn Condo development

    Apparently the bank foreclosed and the development was sold at auction with the buyer having no liability occurred by the original builder. The original builder transferred the money to UK hence the empty bank account, I have a friend who had B2M invested in two units and has been told he has no recourse to the new developer.
  3. I don't think Thais have ever heard of Market Research!
  4. My truck is similar to the above post, bought it in the September, insured from date of purchase, ran on red plates until the registration came through the following February! Since then (12 years ago) I insure it every September including Govt Compulsary Insurance, in February I take the Compulsary insurance certificate with MOT and blue book and pay road tax. Only once in that time was there an issue when I went to a testing station and they tried to sell me the government insurance which I already had! I declined their offer, I think the OP is being scammed as he has valid insurance.
  5. JohnC

    20260 Postcode no longer valid?

    On the darkside Chaipruek 2 we now have 20151 which is the post office on Sukhumvit Jomtien !
  6. JohnC

    How to go to Euro Condominium

    Go to Google Maps and it will show you the Soi and you can get directions.m
  7. Is that a sex toy in your pocket? Or are you just pleased to see me?
  8. Send him a e mail or message saying the Inland Revenue have contacted you because you are claiming your tax withheld on your Thai bank account and they are questioning the regular payments / withdrawals on your bank account (rent) so you need to give them his details, the property must be registered at the land office! He does not need to know your bank details ( if you have one here) In fact I would go to the land office and get details of the registered owner ( perfectly legal) and include them with your e mail ! That will make him think!
  9. https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/finance/604176/how-to-import-a-foreign-car-into-thailand
  10. JohnC

    Foodland on Thepprasit in Jomtien?

    They opened a new one in Royal Garden, in the basement car park!
  11. Importation: A person with a non-immigrant visa and a work permit that is valid for at least one year may import just one vehicle into Thailand. Unfortunately, such vehicles are subject to very high taxes and import duties, often amounting to around 200 percent of the vehicle’s value. Before you attempt to import a car to Thailand, you must secure an official import permit from the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand. If this has not been granted to you upon the arrival of your car, then this can lead to seizure of your car and high fines. Application forms on the website of the Ministry of Commerce are only available in Thai, therefore it is wise to seek help from a Thai speaking agent when applying for an import permit. You will need the following documents to execute the importation: 1. A valid non-immigrant visa 2. A work permit valid for at least one year 3. An import declaration form 4. A bill of lading or airway bill 5. Sale documents 6. The delivery order (Customs Form No. 100/1) 7. Foreign Transaction Form 2 in cases where the CIF value of the imported vehicles exceeds 500,000 Baht 8. An insurance premium invoice For full details of temporary importation procedures refer to the official website of Thailand’s customs. The importation process: When your agent submits the relevant documents to the port of entry, the Customs Department will assess the taxes and import duties that need to be fulfilled. Once these have been paid, the receipt needs to be presented to the cashier division of the Thai Customs Department. Subsequently the vehicle is granted permission to enter Thailand.
  12. JohnC

    UK pensions

    Retired members of the Armed Forces (depending on rank) can also witness the Proof of Life Certificates. I am retired R.N. officer and sign many having confirmed with the pension people that I am acceptable, I even had a rubber stamp made with my service details and current address on it (B200) and have been doing these certificates for a number of years now as well as Passport Applications.
  13. JohnC

    UK pensions-life certificate

    Received one today .
  14. What about the HiSo that mowed down a policeman then left the country ? He will undoubtably return when the charges are time expired!
  15. JohnC

    New Stores