Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation


Advanced Members
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3,477 Excellent

About elviajero

  • Rank
    Titanium Member

Profile Information

  • Location
    UK/Central Thailand

Recent Profile Visitors

7,264 profile views
  1. I don’t believe they want proof of income and 800K, but proof you are retired in the form of an affidavit from your Embassy.
  2. You can get a ME non-immigrant 'O' from the Consulate in Penang without proof of income letter. If you are already in Thailand and already have 800K in your bank for at least 60 days it would, IMO, be less hassle getting a 1 year extension of stay. You can get a ME re-entry permit at the same time and come and go as often as you like.
  3. My children never enter Thailand using Thai passports because there’s no need and it avoids messing around swapping passports. If they stay longer than 90 days it’s easy to get a 1 year extension of stay, if necessary. IMO all the time they’re under 15 there’s no point in applying for a Thai passport that’s only necessary to enter a country they have a legal right to live in anyway.
  4. I’m pretty sure there is no such rule. Do you have a link to anything that could confirm that.
  5. Passport & Visa expiry

    Yes, you need to make an appointment. The last time I did it I had to email three dates and times and they confirm the appointment by email.
  6. Passport & Visa expiry

    You apply here: UK Visa Application Centre The Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumvit Soi13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana Bangkok Thailand 10110 Email: [email protected] All the info you require is here, https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
  7. The 800K needs to be in an account in the sole name of the person applying for the retirement extension. 60 days for the first extension, and 3 months for all future extensions. You cannot mix money in the bank with income when applying for an extension based on marriage, only retirement.
  8. Non Immigrant O Extension

    2 months. 45 days.
  9. They can definitely deny entry to her using her EU passport. Whether they will is anyone’s guess. They can’t deny her entry as a Thai, but I’ve no idea what documents they will require to let her pass. Next time she enters using the EU passport go to Immigration and apply for a 1 year extension of stay and a multi entry re-entry permit, or buy singles whenever she leaves. That will get over any future problems if your going to stick with using the EU passport.
  10. If there’s no overstay stamp in your passport they probably wouldn’t notice the overstay, and if they did it shouldn’t have any affect on getting another visa.
  11. You can easily get a couple (or more) of Single Entry Tourist Visas from Thai Embassies/Consulates in countries neighbouring Thailand. Each visa will give you one 60 day entry that can be extended by 30 days. The consular section of the Embassy in Vientiane, Laos is probably (at the moment) the best place to apply.
  12. One spouse could apply using the 800K in an account in their name, and once the extension was granted put the 800K in the partners account, wait 2 months, and apply for an extension for the second spouse, but it's messy and unnecessary. It is better for spouse 1 to apply for an extension using the 800K. At the same time spouse 2 can apply for an extension of stay as the spouse of someone that's been granted an extension of stay. Spouse 2 effectively 'piggybacks' the spouse 1's extension.
  13. The 90 day permit to stay from a non-immigrant 'B' visa is not linked to the employer/job/WP. If you don't take up employment during the 90 days, OR stop/lose a job during the 90 days, it does not affect your 90 day permit to stay. You can continue to stay in the country until the end of the 90 days. If you have extended a 90 day permit to stay based on your employer/job/WP, and stop/lose that job, the permit to stay becomes invalid and you have to leave the country.
  14. That's not true. There is no set limit on how long you can stay in the country on tourist visas. You shouldn't have any problem staying 1 year even with back to back visas. No they don't. But Thai immigration might link your two different passports by your name and DOB, and if they do the Immigration Officer would see your entry record with both passports. Switching passports like that is completely unnecessary. Although it could fool consular services and they issue a visa it doesn't guarantee entry to Thailand. You can get Tourist Visas from embassies/consulates in neighbouring countries to Thailand, so you don't need to go back to Europe unless you want to. You shouldn't have a problem getting the four you need to cover your year. If you can meet the qualifications it would be better to get a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa from your home country. It is valid for 6 months and, with planning, can give you nearly 9 months in Thailand. After which you could switch to Single Entry Tourist Visas obtained in SE Asia (you won't get another METV in Asia).