Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation


Advanced Members
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,927 Excellent

1 Follower

About blackcab

  • Rank
    Platinum Member

Recent Profile Visitors

5,336 profile views
  1. Is SCB in trouble?

    Do tell.
  2. Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

    This has been going on for some considerable length of time now... If you can't get people on the site at peak times, you can't show them adverts. No adverts = lost revenue. Strangely enough though I don't think anyone cares.
  3. Line App Spam

    What percentage of total readers might that be? A small percentage, while you risk alienating the larger percentage with intrusive spam messages. I think the marketing department or whoever authorised this needs a lesson on the difference between social media (such as Twitter) and messaging apps such as Line.
  4. Yes. The front if the building, which you can see from the main road, is very distinctive.
  5. Have they have even been to Thailand?
  6. Companies going bankrupt

    That's interesting. I'm guessing the website is not registered to any of the companies, is not a company asset and cannot be seized. How much do you think he is getting away with? Is he selling stock cheaply just to build up volumes before he makes the real money in the last couple of months?
  7. Companies going bankrupt

    Some people have no shame. This is unfamiliar territory for me. How can a director of a liquidated company continually be a director of other companies? I'm referring to the UK as I'm British. I would have thought there was some sort of time limit in place to stop directors of limited companies going out and immediately setting up shop again.
  8. Marble quarries

    http://www.asiagranitegroup.com/index2.html They are pretty much the biggest company in Thailand, with their own quarries.
  9. Is SCB in trouble?

    I wouldn't worry too much. Over 50 per cent of the bank is owned directly or indirectly by the Thai government and the Crown Property Bureau. I don't think the bank is going anywhere in a hurry.
  10. Exactly. Just like in the UK. In the UK earnings over £45,001 pounds are taxed at 40 per cent. Earnings over £150,001 are taxed at 45 per cent.
  11. Poor really are getting poorer in Thailand

    I don't quite get Dave's point. Can anyone explain his post to me please? I can't ask him myself because he ignored me. Please do not start your post, "Blackcab said..."
  12. Poor really are getting poorer in Thailand

    How do immigrants negatively affect the poor people we have been discussing? These poor people either can't work or choose not to. The immigrants aren't exactly taking their jobs, are they?
  13. Poor really are getting poorer in Thailand

    Or was it to help sustain the building of new condos, hotels, factories, etc. All of which create jobs for Thai people, taxes and economic wealth. You seem to be viewing things at the micro level of the worker -v- the employer. There are often much bigger, macro decisions to consider, especially in a developing country.
  14. Poor really are getting poorer in Thailand

    So if Thailand has the highest number of immigrant workers in the region then it can't be that bad, surely?