Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

76 Excellent

About ExpatDraco

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I really doubt it will be an issue...
  2. A quick calculation gives me the following: 2500 USD is around 80000 THB (1 USD = 32 THB) 80000 gives 6100 Personal Income Tax monthly according to https://www.thaistartup.com/references/pitc.php 70% of 80000= 56000 Monthly fee for Iglu = 80000 - 6100 - 56000 = 17900 THB. A lot depends also on your (ex) home country considering taxation so for some/a lot of people (?) this fee will be worth it. Another advantage I can think of is getting access to the Iglu 'network' so you can extend your personal network. Ah nvm, was already noted in the benefits (Social events, company trips and access to peer networks). BTW, what's the minimum invoice amount in EURO? Anyways keep up the good work!
  3. I really like Iglu. Great concept, only the fee is too expensive imo if you don't have the need for their co-working spaces.
  4. ExpatDraco

    Certificate of Residency

    Then you will not receive a residence certificate at Jomtien immi. Your choice. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  5. ExpatDraco

    Certificate of Residency

    Maybe Thailand isn't the country for you and maybe it's best you stay in the law abiding western world. If you ever come to Jomtien, give me a sign... I would love to see you talking to immigration. :-) Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  6. ExpatDraco

    Certificate of Residency

    In Jomtien you pay 300THB/certificate or you can go back where you came from without your certificate. At least the certificate is ready after 15-30 minutes wait time. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  7. ExpatDraco

    Certificate of Residency

    Indeed, in Jomtien you need 2 photos for a residence certificate +1 photo per additional certificate. Photos can be made at immigration for a small fee. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  8. ExpatDraco

    Education visa overstay?

    In what province is this school located? Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  9. ExpatDraco

    Education visa overstay?

    I stand corrected. ;-) Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  10. ExpatDraco

    Education visa overstay?

    I don't think the MoE has anything to do with it. The MoE is only needed to provide the documents for the ED visa. The extension of stay is in the hands of immigration. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  11. ExpatDraco

    Education visa overstay?

    Tbh, I would just pay up, get your passport with your extension back and change schools or whatever. I would not get into the middle of the school and immigration for 1500THB. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  12. ExpatDraco

    Education visa overstay?

    Welcome to Thailand... :) Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  13. I could be wrong, but afaik the 90 days in Thailand is a myth. But the thing is (Thai) insurance companies set the 90 day limit. If you have international insurance that 90 day limit does not count. But to be sure I have a Thai driving license. :) Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  14. ExpatDraco

    Visa agents in Penang

    'Get there early' is for me reason enough to use an agent whenever possible. [emoji28] Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  15. I'm pretty sure I didn't had the Blue book and a copy of the ID card of the owner because I still don't have them. I just explained to them I was the renter (copy of rent contract). I also filled the TM30 (both pages) with my data and they accepted that. Last time, when I came back from abroad, I also lost my departure card and they didn't care. But as always, things can rather change quickly here in Thailand.