Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

22 Excellent

About candoman89

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

4,202 profile views
  1. Thanks all for your input and advice. Cando
  2. Thanks for the info. Will look into that.

    I just opened a very similar topic but asking a few more details so keep your eyes posted on that one. Us Canucks have to stick together.
  4. I need a "tranferring money to Thailand for Dummies" publication. Want to transfer $140,000 in Canadian funds to Thailand to "loan" the wife (to get a mortgage on the Chanote for my protection) to buy a house that will cost around 3 M Baht. Not interested in advice regarding losing money to the wife and her "brother" sort of BS. What I want to know is what is the fastest/easiest/cheapest way to transfer the money to Thailand without excessive banking fees. Where do the banking fees come from? Is it the transferring bank or is it the receiving bank? Also, although I have been living here for 18 years my status is in transition from Non-imm-B working (with wp) gravitating towards retirement visa but currently on tourist visa (60 days and will extend for an additional 30 days). Have a lease with my name on it for a Condo we have been renting since 2011. Have an account with Kasikorn and a joint account with wife with BB but would really like to use a new TMB or BB account in my name but would need to open an account. SCB is not an option as I wouldn't use them if they were the only bank in Thailand. Looked at Transferwise (clicked on the dead link at ThaiVisa and then googled them) but the amount I want to transfer is over their limit so would have to do two transfers so really not interrested. Any advice, gems of wisdom etc. would be appreciated. Cando
  5. Buying a House in Rayong. Need a lawyer

    Thanks for that. Would prefer not to go the buying it via company but could do.
  6. Buying a House in Rayong. Need a lawyer

    Thanks for the insight. Never thought about local knowledge but I should know better.
  7. Hi All: as the title says, I am buying a house in Rayong with my wife and would like to connect with a lawyer to check over the land title deed. Also want him to arrange the sale so my interest is protected via a usefruct (spelling?) or loan to wife or... or... or... Don't want to go via thai company although that is always possible (have had a Thai company for 15 years). Any recommendations of a lawyer somebody has used in the area? Thanks
  8. Wrong visa issued

    18 years here on Non-Imm B and have NEVER been asked for my work permit.
  9. Hong Kong airport to Thai Embassy

    No problem. Airport express is 22 minutes to central and then only 15 minutes to Fairmont house. Came into HK last night, 10 min immigration line. Was at the consulate at 1000 this morning. I was the only one there. 5 min later was out and walking back to my hotel. Will pick up my visa on Monday. Very easy and efficient.
  10. Ubonjoe: once again I thank you very much for your sage advice. Much appreciated. Cando
  11. okay, so my non-imm B extension of stay and work permit expire on 31 August (when my old passport was set to expire). I want to change to retirement visa and then get an extension of stay based on retirement. I just decided to give up working so have not seasoned the required funds for the appropriate amount of time. I plan to put the 800,000 baht into a dedicated account this week to start the seasoning period. My plan is to fly to Hong Kong on 31 August and apply for a SETV and come back to Thailand on 4 September as a tourist (bringing 20K Baht, exit flight ticket), my "hotel" is actually a condo I have rented since 2011 and will bring a copy of the lease in case they ask for it. When the 3 month 800,000 baht seasoning period is up I w ant to apply for a retirement visa. my questions are: can I change from a tourist to retirement visa without exiting Thailand? I understand the SETV is good for 60 days and can be extended forr an additional 30 days at Chaeng Wattana so I will have the 90 day seasoning period covered do you see any problem with getting a SETV from Hong Kong? Do you forsee any problem with immig letting me in the country when I arrive at Suwannabhumi? Will the fact that I am in a condo I rent be looked upon by immig as cause for not letting me in since i am "living" here and not a real tourist? (as an aside we are looking for a house to buy in either Hua Hin or Rayong so we will be doing some house hunting while I am here so thatt could be classified as a tourist). Or should I get a hotel to show a booking to give to immig at the airport. Thanks for any/all answers/comments. Candoman
  12. Looking for serious baseball players

    Am interested, use to play slow pitch a long time ago (university league) but haven't picked up a glove in a looooooong time. Used to play inflield. Am more senior than the young guys but can give them a run for their money
  13. All (i.e. Ubon Joe). My work permit is stamped valid until 14 October 2016. My latest non Imm-B visa was issued at Hong Kong on 18 March 2016 and must be used by 17 June 2016. I want to apply for an extension of stay. How long would they grant an extension? would it be for a year (i.e. until 17 March 2017) or will my work permit dictate the length of extension? I know they are two separate issues and hope that the extension will be until 2017. one last question. How long before 17 June 2016 can I/should I apply for the extension? Thanks for any/all the help. Cando
  14. Just came back from Hong Kong with a nice shiny new 90 days Imm-B visa. Everything was smooth and easy and the staff at the embassy very helpful. Have had TR visas from there before and again very easy and quick to do.