Jump to content


Advanced Members
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About mbkudu

  • Rank
    Platinum Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ
  1. Continuing Study In Thailand

    Like IJWT said, the answers are here if you look around. You can transfer your credits to Ramkamhaeng (do you mean their international program or Thai program?). I had some credits from previous study in the US, but it was so long ago, it costs extra and the process was too annoying for me to do it, so I didn't bother. Here is more information Ram Inter.
  2. Continuing Study In Thailand

    I believe the poster PB is referring to is up in Chiang Mai and it's Payap University he's looking into. I had a look at the website www.payap.ac.th/english/ and the tuition fees are higher than Ram, but still very affordable compared to others.
  3. Continuing Study In Thailand

    Not true! So many online legit degrees. See degree.net - Masters especially in Ed require no resid. Also Webster Uni in Hua Hin offers Webster (US RA) degrees so will be good quality product (ie not a Thai degree) Well it is true for many when we're talking a bachelor's degree, which is what Robski is looking into. He's not looking for a masters program
  4. Continuing Study In Thailand

    One thing I noticed when I was first researching is that many US online degree programs require that one already has a minimum (I don't remember the #) number of actual in class credits from a university or college to be eligible for their online program. After I calculated the costs of the program, books, room and board in the US, it was still higher (some much higher) than studying in a program here in Bangkok with real classrooms and real teachers. The option to work part-time is also available here. One important thing I forgot to mention is the large number of international students that become good contacts for the future. Studying online you lose that opportunity.
  5. Continuing Study In Thailand

    Sorry mbkudu, I'm not ignoring you I've just been very busy, but I have a free day today and will email you shortly, why not post your info anyway? thanks for all the suggestions and please keep them coming, as yet I don't see any such thing as an easy degree, I think my question is already answered, but as I said keep 'em coming. cheers people, Sorry about being an A-hole. Robski, I have sent you a PM with some details.
  6. Continuing Study In Thailand

    Good idea lannarebirth, and one I suggested to the original poster as well. Unfortunately the advice was ignored. Oh well. It's the most practical way to do it and the ED non-immigrant is the easiest one year visa in Thailand to get. I think he may be looking looking for a really easy degree; the kind that can be used to get a fire going when you're camping in the woods.
  7. Continuing Study In Thailand

    You can buy yourself a 'life experience' degree for about $US 130.00 from a number of 'universities' advertising on the web or you could enroll in a four year university and do the work required to get the degree. The very last, but least honorable of course is Khao San Road. Those are the only three I can think of. I believe online study degrees are only for studying for a masters; meaning you would have a BA already. Not positive though. I'm doing the easiest and cheapest way I can; studying here in Bangkok at a university in a four year international program. It is affordable and manageable with my schedule. If you need more information, feel free to send me a personal message. If your post is some kind of bait/troll thing then don't bother sending the message.
  8. Continuing Study In Thailand

    Sorry if I wasn't clear on that PB. The answer is yes. In my case I simply printed the visa application off my computer from home in the US and sent it, filled out along with the letter from the school and passport, to the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles Ca. It cost $50.00 + postage. It took about 6 days to get my passport back with the 'ED' visa issued in it. If someone were already living in Thailand, I presume that a place like Penang, Kuala Lumpur or maybe Singapore would have to be visited in person to get the visa, but I am not sure.
  9. Continuing Study In Thailand

    For long term study plans in Thailand you should apply for an 'ED' visa or education visa. It is simple to obtain. First you must apply at a school, get accepted and then have the director send you a signed letter stating that you have been accepted and the dates when you will begin. Once you have this leter, then just fill out the form for a Thai visa, enclose the letter and the payment. Indicate on the form that you want a single entry non-immigrant 'ED' visa. All you need is a single entry. It will last three months. After the first two months the school should help you extend this visa for a full year. It is then extended yearly as long as the requirements are kept up.
  10. Continuing Study In Thailand

    I'm going to start my BA in English at Ramkhamhaeng's international campus this June. That's right, studying English in Thailand . I'm going for Chinese as a foreign language. I'll let you know how it goes.
  11. Ten years ago language schools in Bangkok paid English teachers 250-300 Baht per hour. Today language schools pay teachers 250-300 Baht per hour.
  12. Continuing Study In Thailand

    Hi Uli, I have visited Ramkhamhaeng's IIS campus and even sat in on a class. The director of studies, Dr. Piboon Puriveth is a very nice guy and runs a good program. The building is nice, modern, classes not too big, professors all western Phds and the cost of tuition amazingly affordable. See you in June, 06. Mbk
  13. Thai Citizenship

    I read an interview piece in the Nation newspaper years ago. He said that his main reason for accquiring Thai citizenship (renouncing US citizenship) was to avoid double taxation. Now he is only taxed in Thailand.
  14. Continuing Study In Thailand

    My younger brother graduated with an MBA in international business from Assumption (ABAC) University in Bangkok. He chose it because it is all in English (He is American) and is recognised worldwide. He said it was very extensive and quite challenging to get through. The tuition fees are quite reasonable compared to an American university as well.