• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About rcjoop

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Previous Fields

  • Location
    Chiang Mai
  1. Sold my car to one of the 2nd hand car "tents", the owner knows his way around but could not find a way around the certificate of residence problem. This after contacting his contacts at DLT so I guess no way around. A related question: I am Dutch and we have no (hon.) consul in CM, is it possible for a (hon.) consul to issue a CR for a person of another nationality ? For the Dutch it seems very difficult as the Embassy/consulate requests a proof that one has really emigrated, this has to be less than 6 months old and can applied for at a Dutch municipality, which sends it, I hope, to my Thai address and I send it with other documents to the Dutch Consulate which might issue a CR so that I can sell my car. Welcome to Kafkaland. Joop
  2. Had a booking from Chiang Mai on 30 oct and back on 4 nov, they were both cancelled. Spoke to the helpdesk and they were very sorry but had no alternative (I was going to Vientiane via NongKhai) Booked NOK air from CNX but this is a late afternoon flight. The ticket will be refunded, the telephone conversation was followed with an email where the refund info was detailed.
  3. Hi Don, Ordered a CB500X recently, will have to wait for delivery and first oil change. Will send you a PM when I am ready and see if I can join you. regards, Joop
  4. Probably the place is Sop Gai or Sop Kai as I see it usually written. As the name already indicates it is where the small stream Mae Kai joins the Mae Taeng river. You reach it from Chiang Mai by taking the 107 to Mae Taeng and go left onto the 3162 road that follows the river. You pass the elephant camp, rafting etc. in Muang Khuet (again spelling?) where there is a bridge over the Mae Taeng. Continue on the road to the next bridge, this is Sop Kai. There is a small resort there, from Muang Khuet the road is not sealed, not sure how the condition is in the rainy season. GPS 19.234807, 98.783777 Joop
  5. A friend is in need of a good specialist in the field of hand surgery / microsurgery. He has cut the extensor tendon of one of his fingers and was treated with some delay in Chiang Mai. The healing process seems very slow and painful and communication with the Dr. difficult so he lost confidence and wants a second opinion and is looking at a specialist in this field. I found some old threads from 2008/2009 where Sheryl recommends Prof. Panupan Songcharoen. Is this information still up to date or are other specialists to be preferred ? He would not mind flying in to BKK a number of times or stay there a while, he is not looking for the cheapest solution but for the highest level of expertise. Thanks, joop
  6. See post 86 and the link there The first page is the directive signed by the minister, the rest is detailing by the ministry of health. The directive names three groups: - those waiting to be added to the prakan sangkhom scheme - children - foreigners in general
  7. Have you ever noticed how many Burmese ?? the number of farang will not make much difference
  8. Just returned from the registration procedure in Chiang Mai. Last week I tried first at the SuanDok hospital and was sent to many places but in the end they had to admit that they did not know about is. I had with me a copy of the directive of the minister of health. Next try was at the Nakornping hospital. This is the provincial hospital and there they knew about it and had no problems with me being a foreigner. Went back today with copies of my passport, fresh certificate of residence from Immigration, copy of my partners ID card and a copy of her tabian baan. Went to registration, blood and urine was collected and an xray taken. Paid 600 + 2200 and got a note to come back next week to pick up the card. In the end they did not use the certificate of residence or the copy of the tabian baan of my partner. So: not married and no yellow tabian baan but no problem registering.