Thailand Forum
rooster59

Grandma’s joy over lottery ‘win’ short-lived

ripstanley    2,501
14 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nope...we got 5 of 6 earlier this year. Thai lotto doesn't work that way. There are specific draws that are all 6 or nothing...nada..."soon"...zilch. Was pretty exciting though when GF was watching live and called me excitedly over. Our # was 6-6-9-9-6-6 and the winner for ß200,000 was 6-6-9-9-6-9. Losing ticket. Not 1 baht for 5/6. :sad:

If you have a lottery ticket whose number is  1 either side of the winning number you will win 100,000 baht. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

webfact    24,352

GLO may take legal action against a prankster who faked First Prize lottery tickets for fun

By Thai PBS Reporters

0309001.jpg

The Government Lottery Office has warned that anyone who changed the digit numbers on lottery tickets even for fun and the have the falsified tickets posted on the social media may face charges of falsifying official documents and violation of Computer Crime Act.

GLO spokesman Thanawat Pholvichai said that GLO legal advisors were looking into the case in which a young girl in Phayao faked six First Prize lottery tickets for Septemver 1 draw from her grandmother’s tickets which did not win any prizes. Then the fake tickets were sent through Line application to the Line group in Chiangmuan district of Phayao, including a kamnan of Tambon Muang, to claim that her grandmother won 30-million baht First Prize.

However, the post turned viral among netizens, prompting many people to show up at the house of the grandmother, Mrs Luan Thananchai, to offer their congratulations or to ask for loans.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/glo-may-take-legal-action-prankster-faked-first-prize-lottery-tickets-fun/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-04

BEVUP    304

Doesn't take long for them to come out of the wood work

• Like 1

Bung    2,150

"and the news drew a lot of relatives to Luans house" 

I bet! 🤣

• Like 1

meatboy    3,721

what a shame,all those relatives have got to cancel those new pick ups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beats56    529

How can people even have the gall to show up and ask for money. If I won I would take a long vacation to avoid the money suckers.