Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Motorists set to pay 105 baht Bangkok - Pattaya from next year

webfact    24,357

Motorists set to pay 105 baht Bangkok - Pattaya from next year

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The highways department have announced the charges that will be levied for the Chonburi to Pattaya section of the motorway from next year.

The new levies mean a journey on the motorway for a car will be 105 baht.

Charges from the Phan Thong to Pattaya section have been free for the best part of five years.

This is set to change as the Phan Thong booths are being ripped out to be replaced by five new booths at different points along Route 7. Work costing 4 billion baht is 90 per cent finished and testing is about to

start in October.

New Year - as usual - will be free to pass but a charge of 60 baht will be made at Phan Thong thereafter to give motorists a chance to adjust to the new system.

But from April the following charges will be made:

Lat Krabang to Ban Bung (and vice versa) 55 baht for four wheel

transport (90 for 6 wheels, 130 for more)

Lat Krabang to Bang Phra 60 baht for cars

Lat Krabang to Nong Kham 80 baht

Lat Krabang to Ban Pong 100 baht

Lat Krabang to Pattaya 105 baht

The highest charge will be for a truck of more than six wheels that will cost 245 baht from Lat Krabang to Pattaya.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-05

topt    1,033
3 hours ago, webfact said:

Lat Krabang to Bang Phra 60 baht for cars

Lat Krabang to Nong Kham 80 baht

Lat Krabang to Ban Pong 100 baht

Lat Krabang to Pattaya 105 baht

Is one of these the turn off for Laem Chabang?

Is Ban Pong the 36 turn off?

Only a 75% increase from Pattaya to the airport/Bangkok then................:sad:

wakeupplease    1,857

Expats must be having second thoughts of a cheap lifestyle with all these price rises? cigs and booze on the way

can sit on 120kph most of the way.

What just 60mph while in blighty its 70mph and no tolls in sight in many places and some of the worlds best drivers who obey the law to share your journey with. No brainier

robblok    19,899
34 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Perfectly fair cost. You can use Sukhumvit or other alternatives if its to much.

Indeed, make it too cheap and too many cars will use it and the whole advantage is gone. I love it with the easy-pass and as you said there are alternatives. 

wakeupplease    1,857
5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Some expats that left must be real bored still posting on this forum trying to convince others to leave. Maybe they need to do this to convince them that they made the right choice. 

Trying to convince others to leave, Ho Ho Ho

Must be double Dutch to some as they cannot add up what said between words?

OK I am off fishing some nice Mekong catfish to account for, have a nice evening I will, but not paying 105b in tolls on this trip.

Bluespunk    31,279
8 hours ago, webfact said:

The highways department have announced the charges that will be levied for the Chonburi to Pattaya section of the motorway from next year.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

wakeupplease    1,857
4 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

You have made many posts that are Thai derogatory. You have stated that since you were forced to leave Thailand,

you would never return. If indeed you have returned, congratulations on making a fine choice.

If you have returned, I do think you should finally start to quit all your negative posts. Just my opinion,

it may save a few ulcers and repetitive strain injury from stamping out all those negative letters on your long suffering keyboard.

Finally, I hope you did catch a few fish and enjoy them. I also hope you enjoy your time here. Cheers to go with the fish meal.

Just my opinion

Hey and according to you I am not entitle to an opinion now that democracy local style.

My keyboard loves to work so don't worry about the strain on it.

Just adding up the cost of the tolls paid on trips to BK my god that is a lot of money to pay out to sit in traffic jams half the day on each visit.

Tip

Mekong Catfish like brown bread with a touch of coconut, small ones start at 40kg and big ones of 150kg are to much like hard work in this heat. but that is the toll you pay catching one