Thailand Forum
webfact

"Who's been sleeping in my bed?" US guy wants revenge as Mr. Penguin is no Goldilocks!

Songlaw    319
42 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Great pointing, case closed!

Expert, indeed. Obviously, highly practiced, all around. Again, what's with the pointing? (rhetorical)

smew    287

Fantastic work by the boys in blue. Speedy catch, was it because poor guy was from Laos?

• Like 1

Songlaw    319

Sadly, the only reason for the speedy apprehension was the photos. Not because they wouldn't have been capable of finding the culprit otherwise, but because they would not have been forced into doing something to prevent the negative press that would obviously have been generated by putting the 'case' on the 'back burner.' I don't think the American was likely to back off this issue and they knew it. Good on him. Of course, the Lao kid goaded him into it. A one-off would not have incurred much in the way of wrath, given that nothing excessively valuable was taken, that we know of. Americans, individually, can be a cool, well-sorted lot, and as such are prone to forgive. But like any other particular category of humans, they oughtn't be allowed to 'bunch up,' by any means.

• Like 1

Thechook    9,360
2 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

Beer? Have him flogged immediately!

Exactly, shag the wife, take my belongings but touch my beer and that is over stepping the mark.

• Like 1

NE1    411
4 hours ago, webfact said:

He admitted to thefts on five occasions but said, in an attempt at mitigation, that the occupants were always out.

I love this......

• Like 1

wombat    438
3 hours ago, trogers said:

Five occasions. And I thought, once bitten twice shy. Sure the victim is from the US?

no mate, he has to be an aussie or a kiwi, you can put up with losing sh1t, take a mans beer and its on for young old.

taking a mans beer is a line best not crossed.

• Like 1

VocalNeal    1,436

Another example of how CCTV does not actually STOP residential crime. 

Edited by VocalNeal

NE1    411
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Cancel

Edited by NE1

smileydude    475

When will the Thai police stop with this finger pointing ritual!  I find it more humiliating for the person who has to point when he's already ID'd the perp and yet has to perform this god-knows-why gesture.

• Like 1

Ridge    33

They should fingerprint every foreigner coming here. And have them report to immigration daily. Keep an eye on them at all times. Would give the village grandma's a break. Bad foreinger, go back to Laos. We don't need you here.

4MyEgo    1,794
14 minutes ago, wombat said:

no mate, he has to be an aussie or a kiwi, you can put up with losing sh1t, take a mans beer and its on for young old.

taking a mans beer is a line best not crossed.

Oy

• Haha 1