Thailand Forum
webfact

"Who's been sleeping in my bed?" US guy wants revenge as Mr. Penguin is no Goldilocks!

kcpattaya    138

Both are plonkers. 
Suitable for a soap serie: dumb dumber dumbest...
After 5 (!) break-ins the American still didn't install an alarm system??

• Like 1

4MyEgo    1,794
3 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Both are plonkers. 

Or bars

4MyEgo    1,794
2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Looks like Goldilocks may be getting some porridge.

Wonder if it was a pretty Goldilocks if he would have taken matters into his own hands ?

• Haha 1

impulse    11,984
8 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Both are plonkers. 

Up until the guy stole the beer, the sum of all 5 hauls was probably a lot less than the cost of a decent alarm system.  And it's not as if people all over the world aren't jaded by incessant alarms going off.

hobobo    782

Congratulation to the local BIB. Solving the case in 3 hours must be a Thai record!

eddie61    1,012

It is an exceptionally well executed point. The wrist-down point adds drama and finality. My only criticism is that the fire escape arrow was not pointing directly at the felon, but apart from that, I would give it a 9/10...

• Haha 2

silver sea    342

The culprit was a Mr Pek Penguin 😊

So the police were told to P-P-Pek up a Penguin! 

Edited by silver sea

DLang    2,506
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Apprehending Pek Penguin - a Laotian national - proved no problem for

the constabulary.

This area is under siege from local thieves doing break ins on foreigner's houses. Has been for around 3 years now. Young punks that are protected... say no more.

It did make me wonder what happened as I started reading this story as there was someone arrested..... the above quote then made it all make sense. 

:coffee1:

RichardColeman    752

Should make the punishment fit the crime - Tell him go prison for a week or force feed him 20 large bottles of Chang in an hour. Give him a real doozie of a hangover he'll remember.

Stargrazer9889    946

The theft victim is really pointing at the guys nyts and is saying, let me

cut them off of the slim bag. A small amount of real justice for 5 robberies, Five

times his house was violated by that thief..

Geezer

Songlaw    319
2 hours ago, smileydude said:

When will the Thai police stop with this finger pointing ritual!  I find it more humiliating for the person who has to point when he's already ID'd the perp and yet has to perform this god-knows-why gesture.

The reality is that the Thai are just as stymied by the fact that the world is not rushing to adopt this 'magnanimous gesture,' as it is (to the Thai) obviously brilliant on some level that escapes us. The even bigger irony is that other than money, the quantity most valued in LOS is supposedly, face. However, for the Thai, this runs counter to quite a number of their cultural mores and customs. A nifty bit of irony that, as it is not possible to perform a number of seemingly required 'rituals' here, without, in the eyes of the world, highly visible loss of face.

Most would fall under the sub-category, "enforced groveling,"  I suppose, but there would be others. Maddening as it might be for some, it is not (viscerally speaking) significantly different from a number of 'endearing' characteristics in the so-called traditions of our own respective homelands; don't ask for examples, I have been here nearly a decade in an attempt to forget them. My contention would be that were this not the case, there would be vastly fewer westerners here. Besides, it can be entertaining once we divest ourselves emotionally from whatever perceived nonsense crosses our paths.