Thailand Forum
webfact

Ever wondered where money sent back to Thailand might be going - here's one answer

webfact    24,352

Ever wondered where money sent back to Thailand might be going - here's one answer

2pm.jpg

picture: video screenshot

BURIRAM: -- A Thai woman married to a foreigner sent money she made back to her 16 year old son with instructions to find a good investment.

Entrepreneurial "Rot" couldn't decide the best way to invest his mum's money until he hit on what he thought was a great idea to make easy profits.

Buy Ya Ba to distribute in the area round their Buriram home.

So Rot along with his cousin Rin, 18, met a man named only as Mr O who they paid 70,000 baht a time for a stash of the amphetamines to sell on.

To ensure they were not caught, or so Rot told the cops later, he decided to have a girlfriend, Miss B, 17, do the selling.

No one would suspect a girl of dealing in hard drugs, they thought.

Yesterday they were all caught with 1,000 Ya Ba found at a house in Ban Dan district along with nine telephones used in pursuance of the crime.

Source: Channel 3's news channel on Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-07

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thaiwrath    7,471

It will save her sending any more for a good few years.

She thought she was doing a good deed for her offspring, and he throws everything away for greed and stupidity.

nausea    1,053
1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

It will save her sending any more for a good few years.

Doubt it, the court case will cost, and the eventual outcome/sentence may well depend on how much is spent; and if he goes to prison that will cost too, you know, all those little perks that make life a little more bearable.

NickJ    3,581

I did the same thing once...

JaiLai    320

Who the hell sends money to a 16 year-old and asks them to "find a good investment"???

What did she think was going to happen? Was he supposed to play the market and identify a promising new start-up?

This is how they think

YetAnother    1,973

one of the first areas these teens took to was apparently an area they knew: drugs

Bangkokazy    86

A tragic story, nice mom, a stupid son.

but one of the easiest ways to double your money

steven100    5,775
1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

A girl I knew was a serial girlfriend for a number of guys.

Her best time-management coup happened when she went to the airport with darling #1 to see him off (or perhaps to make sure he left the country). She had to wait for at the airport an hour to meet darling #2, taking him to Pattaya in the same taxi.

Knowing how she had her head screwed on, I bet #1 and #2 both paid her for the taxi.

this type of situation is quite common .....  they always answer the mobile in private and they will always say '  oh no ... cannot holiday come now  !   I busy my work too mut ...  :shock1:

• Haha 1

maeab101    96
47 minutes ago, steven100 said:

this type of situation is quite common .....  they always answer the mobile in private and they will always say '  oh no ... cannot holiday come now  !   I busy my work too mut ...  :shock1:

Sometimes the meet on sukhumvit and become friends.