Thailand Forum
snoop1130

North Korea pledges 'powerful counter measures' against U.S.-backed sanctions

snoop1130    646

North Korea pledges 'powerful counter measures' against U.S.-backed sanctions

2017-09-07T091952Z_1_LYNXNPED860OD_RTROPTP_3_GLOBAL-MARKETS-NORTHKOREA.JPG

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un waves to people attending a military parade marking the 105th birth anniversary of country's founding father, Kim Il Sung in Pyongyang, April 15, 2017. REUTERS/Damir Sagolj/Files

VLADIVOSTOK, Russia (Reuters) - North Korea on Thursday pledged to take "powerful counter measures" to respond to U.S. pressure or any new sanctions against it over its missile programme, accusing Washington of wanting war.

Pyongyang's pledge, made in a statement by its delegation to an economic forum in Russia's Far East, came after the United States said it wanted the U.N. Security Council to impose an oil embargo on North Korea, ban the country's exports of textiles and the hiring of North Korean labourers abroad, and subject leader Kim Jong Un to an asset freeze and travel ban, according to a draft resolution seen by Reuters on Wednesday.

"We will respond to the barbaric plotting around sanctions and pressure by the United States with powerful counter measures of our own," the statement read.

The same statement also accused South Korea and Japan of using the Russian forum to play "dirty politics," saying the event was meant to be about discussing economic cooperation in the region and not about criticising its missile programme.

Russian President Vladimir Putin told the same forum on Thursday he thought the North Korea crisis would not escalate into a large-scale conflict involving nuclear weapons, predicting that common sense would prevail.

(Reporting by Katya Golubkova; Writing by Andrew Osborn; Editing by Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-9-7

sweatalot    4,493

I wonder, what his 

'powerful counter measures'

would be - another H-bomb? 

a missile attack?

seems he is getting nervous

to TV - why can't i make the font smaller?

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

lovelomsak    3,747

I think what he is saying is NK will sell nuclear bombs to American enemies. The guy has to make up for those sanctions some how. He needs money to run a country and make missiles.

spiderorchid    1,033
4 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I wonder, what his 

a missile attack?

Russia supports Nth Korea, possibly helped with its nuclear technology and is still trading with uncle Kim.

For sure, some country assisted in a fast track to intercontinental missiles and how to make a nuclear warheads

to fit on said ICBM. Only a few countries have this advanced technology. China and Russia spring to mind but

there are other suspects too. Russia and China are Nth Korean main importers and suppliers. They both prop

up uncle Kims regime. 

There will be more nuke testing by Nth Korea for sure. More missiles fired. It means little, it is bluster. 

But I do not believe Nth Korea will attack anyone. They have not attacked anyone since the armistice

in 1953. In that time frame, how many countries has US attacked? (and been defeated)

Sorry, 2 big wins, Grenada and Panama.

• Like 2

Thechook    9,350
20 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I wonder, what his 

a missile attack?

seems he is getting nervous

You did in the last line

midas    1,174
13 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Russia supports Nth Korea, possibly helped with its nuclear technology and is still trading with uncle Kim.

For sure, some country assisted in a fast track to intercontinental missiles and how to make a nuclear warheads

to fit on said ICBM. Only a few countries have this advanced technology. China and Russia spring to mind but

there are other suspects too. Russia and China are Nth Korean main importers and suppliers. They both prop

up uncle Kims regime. 

There will be more nuke testing by Nth Korea for sure. More missiles fired. It means little, it is bluster. 

But I do not believe Nth Korea will attack anyone. They have not attacked anyone since the armistice

in 1953. In that time frame, how many countries has US attacked? (and been defeated)

Sorry, 2 big wins, Grenada and Panama.

Don't forget the other country that are partners with North Korea which must make America's biggest ally very nervous

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Nuclear-inspiration-Has-North-Korea-emboldened-Iran-504258

baboon    11,076
15 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Really?  Apart from nuclear weapons what does he have?

To export?

Mineral fuels including oil: US$1.2 billion (43% of total exports)

Clothing, accessories (not knit or crochet): $500 million (17.5%)

Ores, slag, ash: $226.7 million (7.9%)

Fish: $196.3 million (6.9%)

Knit or crochet clothing, accessories: $94 million (3.3%)

Electrical machinery, equipment: $69.9 million (2.4%)

Iron, steel: $60.9 million (2.1%)

Fruits, nuts: $51 million (1.8%)

Machinery including computers: $45.2 million (1.6%)

Zinc: $41.1 million (1.4%)

• Like 1

Scott    11,575

A post advocating assassination and reply removed.  

• Like 1

sweatalot    4,493
3 hours ago, Thechook said:

You did in the last line

No, this was pasted. The size of the big bold  text above cannot be changed 

spiderorchid    1,033

I suspect everyone (me included) is getting a bit carried away with reality.

Nth Korea has constantly stated that it will try to counter a pre emptive strike.

They have proved that it is not all talk. Not all posturing.

Time for Nth Korea, China, Russia, US and all the other countries that followed

MacArthur into a futile war that cost so many lives. 

But lives are cheap in 

• Like 1

sawadeeken    482
2 hours ago, midas said:

Why Did North Korea Just Threaten Israel?

During the 1980s, North Korea shifted away from direct military opposition to Israel in favor of arms and military technology sales to Israel’s enemies in the Middle East. The DPRK exported missiles to Iran, Syria, and Libya and assisted both Syria and Iran in their attempts to develop nuclear weapon capabilities.

http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/why-did-north-korea-just-threaten-israel/

And very likely furnishing the 'Nerve agents' and 'biological warfare agents' those nations..............

He needs income badly........

sawadeeken    482

I may be mistaken but I thought that The USA (and others) had missiles that could 'shoot down' other missiles................. Why aren't they being put in place to shoot down any further tests of NK missiles.........

Show Kim that he won't get a missile off his soil...... Such as ships in Japanese waters........

Maybe it is in the works as we speak...........

spiderorchid    1,033
2 hours ago, midas said:

oh it's relevant alright! North Korea is just as much of an enemy of Israel as Iran is.

And North Korea and Iranian nuclear scientists have been working closely together

Why Did North Korea Just Threaten Israel?

http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/why-did-north-korea-just-threaten-israel/

I suspect that if the "state" of Israel went back to its original border, granted compensation and restitution

for illegal lands that displaced so many Palestinian landholders, the issues would be moot.

The Nth Korean issue is a point in context. Threaten, amass military might against a people that have just as much right to exist as the aggressors.... Well it results in misery. And those seeking justice and revenge.

• Like 1