UK baby/Thai mum visa for stay for baby 5mth

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:11 AM, jeab1980 said:

OP good luck with everything hope it all works out in the end. 

Hi , just an update to my thread,

we recently attended the Thai embassy in London with the intention of getting my son a Thai birth certificate only , but it was explained to me and my wife he could only apply for birth cert and passport together, luckily I had two copies of all documents required plus the photos , so after a bit of a panick my wife with a bit of assistance from folk there and embassy staff got the forms filled out and we submitted the application for both and had our baby's passport photos taken by the embassy.

The woman also said they strongly advise against babies travelling on a non Thai passport and staying over the thirty day visa on arrival , she said our baby should be ok this time as he is travelling with his mother so it will not cause any trouble but we really should have applied for a visa beforehand and she will need to inform immigration on arrival.

When they checked in at the airport there were no mention of visa's.

My advice regarding the Embassy is , arrive as early as possible, be prepared with your forms and supporting documents, and be patient you will get there, the embassy waiting area is very small and with visa collections from 11am to 12pm it was chaos.

And finally they only deal with enquiries from 9am to 12.30pm. 

Best of luck to everyone doing similar and thanks for all the advice from you guys :) 

Edited by raven0099
adding details

Good to hear everything went well. Having all the papers ready helps of course. A lot of people complaining just do not have the required documents ready. A bit weird you can not get a birth certificate only.