Thailand Forum
webfact

Trump - 'Sad day' for North Korea if U.S. takes military action

Morch    6,332
4 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Can't beat the ragtag Taliban, almost embarrassed by unprofessional ISIS, couldn't keep control of down and out Iraq, lost in Libya  but expect to beat nuclear armed and highly professional NK. Somebody has got their head buried deep where the sun don't shine. 

Fighting a rival army is not the same as dealing with insurgency and terrorism. The former would be more along the fate of the Iraqi army. The main differences, and that's the crux of it, are NK's nuclear capabilities and it's proximity to Seoul.

• Like 1

Enoon    2,086
5 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Can't beat the ragtag Taliban, almost embarrassed by unprofessional ISIS, couldn't keep control of down and out Iraq, lost in Libya  but expect to beat nuclear armed and highly professional NK. Somebody has got their head buried deep where the sun don't shine. 

But they are very good at terminating individual leaders, using UAV launched Hellfires.

It would just take a bit more environmental preparation in NK.

(If one believes that this is probably very much a "head of the snake" situation)

YetAnother    1,935
6 hours ago, Rancid said:

THAAD apparently can also be reconfigured in a day or two to launch nuclear missiles, something that for reasons that escape me seems to upset the Russians as well,

escapes me too;

from wiki: Of the stockpiled warheads, the U.S. stated in its April 2017 New START declaration that 1,411 are deployed on 673 ICBMs, SLBMs, and strategic bombers."

let's see, if you sat down, with the aid of capable advisors and state-of-the-art technology and had to pick 1411 targets , think china,russia,pakistan,north korea,iran wouldnt all get their share ? my bet is a large part of the arsenal is already primarily trained on specific targets within the countries mentioned;

any russian worries seem political gobblygoook

• Like 1

TKDfella    407
6 hours ago, shanesox said:

"quiet many people" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well, they will be quite many people quiet if they've been blown to smithereens...

craigt3365    17,860
5 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

I'm thousands of miles away from Korea, in England, and it will be a very bad and sad day for me if Washington decides to do a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.

Mr Trump, is it okay if you can just leave North Korea alone ? As in, only attack them if they attack first ? Is it North Korea who is prodding Washington, trying to get Washington to do an attack ?  Or, or is it Washington that is prodding and poking it's finger at North Korea, deliberately encouraging North Korea to give Washington an excuse to launch a massive pre-emptive strike ?

So wait for them to potentially kill millions before acting? Doesn't seem smart.

Are you seriously trying to blame the US for this? I know you are anti US, but that's pushing it. The last thing the US wants is another war. What all world leaders want is for North Korea to calm down.

• Like 1

tonbridgebrit    861
3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

So wait for them to potentially kill millions before acting? Doesn't seem smart.

Are you seriously trying to blame the US for this? I know you are anti US, but that's pushing it. The last thing the US wants is another war. What all world leaders want is for North Korea to calm down.

Craigt, you've already said on ThaiVisa that they know that Kim is not going to fire the first missile. And yet, you refuse to declare that you are against Washington launching a pre-emptive strike ? A pre-emptive strike that will probably cause Kim to release his nukes.

• Like 1

Credo    6,423

But Kim is firing missiles.   They may not contain any type of active war head, but he is firing missiles and one of these days they may not hit their target, provided the ocean is his target.   

He is flying them over other countries.   It's a dangerous game.   

• Like 2

ilostmypassword    6,726
7 minutes ago, Credo said:

But Kim is firing missiles.   They may not contain any type of active war head, but he is firing missiles and one of these days they may not hit their target, provided the ocean is his target.   

He is flying them over other countries.   It's a dangerous game.   

Dangerous if the country they''re meant to  fly over believes they are armed. Otherwise the odds of them landing on someone or something are pretty small. What's more if you reference certain audio-visual data from the WB corporation, a highly successful and respected USA based enterprise.you'll find that even something as heavy as an anvil falling from a great height and impacting on a specimen of canis latrans,  and an undernourished specimen at that, was repeatedly shown to be unable to inflict  a fatal injury.

• Like 2

JHolmesJr    5,816

Its gonna be a sad day for many on this forum if Trump succeeds in taking some action. He's steadily exposed china and russia for dragging their heels on NK for decades….when anything happens the stock answer is always "talks". How long can talks be the answer?

• Like 1

Credo    6,423
1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its gonna be a sad day for many on this forum if Trump succeeds in taking some action. He's steadily exposed china and russia for dragging their heels on NK for decades….when anything happens the stock answer is always "talks". How long can talks be the answer?

He has exposed nothing.   No knowledgeable person thinks that NK exists in a vacuum or that they have developed their nefarious technologies without assistance.   

Talks will continue until someone quits talking.   

• Like 2

JHolmesJr    5,816
13 hours ago, iReason said:

Fire and Fury to "Sad day"

:coffee1:

Fire & Fury from usa…sad day for n korea…..makes sense.

• Like 1

JHolmesJr    5,816
3 minutes ago, Credo said:

He has exposed nothing.   No knowledgeable person thinks that NK exists in a vacuum or that they have developed their nefarious technologies without assistance.   

Talks will continue until someone quits talking.   

guess you're one of those who wants Trump to fail…..so you can say I told you so.

ok.

• Like 1

Credo    6,423
31 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

guess you're one of those who wants Trump to fail…..so you can say I told you so.

ok.

Absolutely not.   I don't hold him in very high esteem, but I do not want him to fail on this or any other issue.   

I don't know what would even constitute failure.   NK is a situation in which there is probably nothing that will be successful, at least in the short term.   

If he attacks, and he has reasonable justification to do so, he will be blamed for the aftermath and there will be a major aftermath.   If he doesn't he will be blamed for doing nothing.   

...but I certainly do not wish him to fail and he will, most likely, have my support with whatever he does.  

• Like 1

craigt3365    17,860
8 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Craigt, you've already said on ThaiVisa that they know that Kim is not going to fire the first missile. And yet, you refuse to declare that you are against Washington launching a pre-emptive strike ? A pre-emptive strike that will probably cause Kim to release his nukes.

Quit incorrectly quoting me! And quit blaming everything on "Washington". Many nations are involved and effected by this. I've posted many times I'm all for Kim stopping his foolish actions. And against a preemptive strike. But Kim is painting himself into a corner. Nobody else to blame but him. Unless of course you are anti Washington.

• Like 2