Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Trump - 'Sad day' for North Korea if U.S. takes military action

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, IvanLaw said:

I hope they remember Vietnam ?  :shock1:

So confident when going in    RIP

This ain't Vietnam. A terrible war started by another country, not the US.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Dangerous if the country they''re meant to  fly over believes they are armed. Otherwise the odds of them landing on someone or something are pretty small. What's more if you reference certain audio-visual data from the WB corporation, a highly successful and respected USA based enterprise.you'll find that even something as heavy as an anvil falling from a great height and impacting on a specimen of canis latrans,  and an undernourished specimen at that, was repeatedly shown to be unable to inflict  a fatal injury.

But missiles do go off course. It's happened. Reckless behavior plain and simple. And Kim has already stated he wants to arm them. If left alone, that's exactly what he'll do.

 

No easy answers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Quit incorrectly quoting me! And quit blaming everything on "Washington". Many nations are involved and effected by this. I've posted many times I'm all for Kim stopping his foolish actions. And against a preemptive strike. But Kim is painting himself into a corner. Nobody else to blame but him. Unless of course you are anti Washington.


I do realise how serious it is when anybody incorrectly quotes anybody else. Look at the post which is "North Korea has developed more advanced hydrogen bomb-KCNA", and I have quoted you, there. Surely, you can't say that I have incorrectly quoted you regarding that they (and/or we) all know that Kim is not going to fire the first missile ?

Actually, from this post, you are saying "and against a preemptive strke".  Oh, so you are against a pre-emptive strike ? Well, that puts us both in a similar position.

So, if Kim detonates another nuke in a few days time, or next week, if Kim fires a couple of missiles over Japan in the next week, you are not supporting a military strike by Washington ? If you was in charge in Washington, you will not launch a military strike on North Korea ?  You will only do it, if North Korea fires the first missile ?
That's great. That's what I would do.

Edited by tonbridgebrit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

But missiles do go off course. It's happened. Reckless behavior plain and simple. And Kim has already stated he wants to arm them. If left alone, that's exactly what he'll do.

 

No easy answers.

But if they're not armed the odds are very much against them killing anyone.  Even anvils, which never seem to miss their targets, have a 0% kill rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Can't beat the ragtag Taliban, almost embarrassed by unprofessional ISIS, couldn't keep control of down and out Iraq, lost in Libya  but expect to beat nuclear armed and highly professional NK. Somebody has got their head buried deep where the sun don't shine. 

Yes, perhaps the US is not a competent world-cop or empire-builder.

 

However, taking the US on in a nuclear conflict and mutually assured destruction scenario is quite another matter, isn't it, since the US has been preparing for nuclear war for some 70 years with some serious nuclear offensive capability (required to provide a credible deterrence)?

 

I'm not convinced NK could assure destruction of the US. The question is what would China do.

 

Do you think that NK's threats could be made good without China's going all-in to defend NK (as before)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

But if they're not armed the odds are very much against them killing anyone.  Even anvils, which never seem to miss their targets, have a 0% kill rate.

How can you guarantee he won't arm one? Answer: you can't. Even if unarmed, there's a chance one will fall into Japan. Unarmed or not, it could kill people. Unacceptable to the Japanese. And for good reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

So wait for them to potentially kill millions before acting? Doesn't seem smart.

 

Are you seriously trying to blame the US for this? I know you are anti US, but that's pushing it. The last thing the US wants is another war. What all world leaders want is for North Korea to calm down.

 

IMHO What all world leaders want is for North Korea AND Trump to calm down.

 

I think that most of the anti NK rhetoric is coming from Trump and NOT the USA per se. Any political leader who has never been in the military has the slightest idea of the damage and destruction that even a small country like NK can unleash, let alone the US military.

 

people talk glibly of "collateral damage and deaths"  of civilians and how "sorry" they are that it happened but NOT ONE of them ever visits the collateral damage sites to see for themselves.

 

Of course if it comes to a war the USA will win but the cost to both North and South Korea will be horrendous in lives and property and there is also the possibility of the loss of life and damage to Japan, perhaps the continental USA, China, Russia and many Asian countries.

 

World trade and finances will be affected for years and N Korea with a radio actice hot spot for many decades.

 

IMHO there is NO easy solution to this whilst KJU and Trump are in power, as they are both as bad as each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, billd766 said:

 

people talk glibly of "collateral damage and deaths"  of civilians and how "sorry" they are that it happened but NOT ONE of them ever visits the collateral damage sites to see for themselves.

Not one of them who urge that such and such has to be stopped at all costs mean it either. 'At all costs' with the exception of the lives of me and my loved ones. And how easily they brush away the lives of those who will be killed through no fault of their own.

It's always the same. Take a dump in someone else's toilet then walk away and leave it. Then go down the street and do the same again.

Edited by baboon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

I'm not convinced NK could assure destruction of the US. The question is what would China do.

 

Do you think that NK's threats could be made good without China's going all-in to defend NK (as before)?

 

If USA causes a nuclear wasteland, quite close to its major cities, China could simply withdraw it's investments from USA. This would hurt China as well, but it would be pretty bad for the USA's economy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Dangerous if the country they''re meant to  fly over believes they are armed. Otherwise the odds of them landing on someone or something are pretty small. What's more if you reference certain audio-visual data from the WB corporation, a highly successful and respected USA based enterprise.you'll find that even something as heavy as an anvil falling from a great height and impacting on a specimen of canis latrans,  and an undernourished specimen at that, was repeatedly shown to be unable to inflict  a fatal injury.

 

Brings to mind them reoccurring stories related to Thailand's rocket festival. Guess it's not an issue until one falls on your house. Why would the onus be on Japan needing to put up with it, rather than Kim launching his rockets somewhere else?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IvanLaw said:

I hope they remember Vietnam ?  :shock1:

So confident when going in    RIP

 

Other than Trump, who's all that confident about going in? Most of his generals and advisors were more cautious about it. Don't think there was much said about "going in" as in deploying ground troops.

 

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Morch said:

 

Brings to mind them reoccurring stories related to Thailand's rocket festival. Guess it's not an issue until one falls on your house. Why would the onus be on Japan needing to put up with it, rather than Kim launching his rockets somewhere else?

I never said the onus was on Japan. Just that the risk of an unarmed missile doing anyone harm is very small. Anvils on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I never said the onus was on Japan. Just that the risk of an unarmed missile doing anyone harm is very small. Anvils on the other hand...

 

No, you just go on about it not being an issue. Guess you'd have a somewhat different opinion if such tests were carried out over your own house.

 

The chances of a missile test going wrong and hitting Japan isn't high. If it does, even an unarmed one, should it fall in a civilian area is bad news. Not the same as an armed one, but quite destructive nevertheless - your nonsense anvils aside. The way missile tests go, there's bound to be an armed one sooner or later. And perhaps a nuclear one after that. What then?

 

 

 

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

Yes, perhaps the US is not a competent world-cop or empire-builder.

 

However, taking the US on in a nuclear conflict and mutually assured destruction scenario is quite another matter, isn't it, since the US has been preparing for nuclear war for some 70 years with some serious nuclear offensive capability (required to provide a credible deterrence)?

 

I'm not convinced NK could assure destruction of the US. The question is what would China do.

 

Do you think that NK's threats could be made good without China's going all-in to defend NK (as before)?

 

No nation is good at empire building. Lookat the former USSR.

 

Great article out showing how China has zero leverage with North Korea. They want to keep the anger focused on the US, not them. Cheap way out.

 

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1001171-lips-and-teeth-no-more-as-chinas-ties-with-north-korea-fray/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 14 December 2017 03:37
Sponsors
×